Monday, February 17, 2014

eclectic Paperie - Always Take the Scenic Route

It's my turn to post today on the eclectic Paperie blog and I played in my journal with Tim Holtz kraft resist paper, TH Distress Inks, and my new TH Stamp Set (Stampers Anonymous), Classic 16. 
Here are my pages in my journal:
I chose to build my pages around that FAB sentiment, "Always take the Scenic Route," hence the world map.  What is so cool about adding TH Distress inks to the kraft resist paper is that when you wipe it with a baby wipe, all of the ink comes off of the resist areas on the map making a very cool effect.
 You can probably see the resist area the best in THIS photo with the starburst.  LOVE this look!
 
 Here's a close up of the bird from this FAB stamp set.  I am in LOVE with the text and patterns on the bird and didn't want to cover it up too much with ink.  I did think it looked cool to make a red beak with my Faber Castell Big Brush pen to match the red circles I randomly added.  I also drew a black shadow underneath the bird's belly and tail to add some depth.
 
 I added Art Anthology's Champagne Dimensional Crystals around two sides of the resist circle on the paper.  LOVE this added texture!  I also added some strips of TH tissue tape for another layer.
 
I wanted to mention that I worked on these pages outside of the journal, then rounded the corners and glued them into pages in my Dylusions Creative Journal.  What I LOVE about this particular journal is that there is no ring in the center of the pages.  It is like an actual bound book plus it has an elastic band to hold it closed.
 
And if I didn't have enough FUN playing with these pages, I took my scrap leftover paper, TH tissue tape, and an extra bird and made the following card:
Simple but masculine, I think.
 
This shows how I applied TH Distress inks and cut the birds out.  The birds were stamped with Wendy Vecchi's Archival Ink.
 
Here is a close up of the sentiment:
This would be great for so many different occasions.  I stamped it on a scrap piece from my Authentique Glistening paper pad and added Art Anthology Champagne Dimensional Crystals around two sides to give it oomph!
 
I hope you like my creations!  I had Tons of Fun and made a mess making them!  LOL!


24 comments:

Pauline said...

What a fabulous journal page Sue, lovely colours, and the matching card is perfect for a guy!

Marjan said...

Wonderful pages! Loved reading how you build the fabulous background! The birds really pop! The card is a stunner too!

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful Sue...I love the sentiments...so meaningful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee the birds!!!!!

Maria said...

What a wonderful journal page! Love those birds and the meaningful sentiment...perfect!

Marybeth said...

What an amazing page...something about maps I just love. I can only imagine the mess that comes from making a fantastic card like this.

Lisa Elton said...

TERRIFIC Sue!! There's so much depth with the warm colors and movement from the birds. The hit of red is perfect. Great way to use up the leftovers with this great masculine card!!

1CardCreator said...

What a cool technique and what gorgeous results too, I love the map, the colors are so rich and worn looking!Loving the sentiment you chose too, really great piece! ~Diane

Shirley said...

Really like the effect of your resist technique, the colors you chose for your cool bird, and what you did for the card!! That sentiment is priceless!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue EEKKSS, this is absolutely BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS journal page,you created, more like a piece of art work, I loooooove maps and birds of course,I always take the smaller roads, the scenic way, looooove those birds, then your card, WOW both are a beautiful piece of art work, it shows you had fun making it, thanks so much for sharing it, hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))...

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome projects Sue! Love the birds fluttering about and the distressed background! I think I NEED that embossed Kraft paper now! Thanks for the enabling ;)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome and interesting layers!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! These are fabulous!! love the resist it look amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pages for your journal Sue!!!! Isn't it fun playing with inks and all the other mixed media!!!

Stella said...

OMG Sue I can oonly sigh; I am smiten....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mister TH himself should add you and Mona to his team:)!!!!!!
XX

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Yes! I LOVE both of your creations! That kraft paper is so cool! Love the birds, and how creative to add the shadowing under the bird!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love that page TFS
bibiana

Unknown said...

I love maps and your art journal page has my imagination fired up Sue! Awesome stamps and techniques used on this FABulous page. Hugs, Lisa

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Sue. Love the resist paper and the colors... the dimensional crystals look wonderful.

Unknown said...

Many thanks bothering go over the following, I'm firmly concerning this and also love understanding much more about the following topic. If at all possible, as you acquire skills, does one imagination replacing your blog to comprehend facts? Its very of great help for myself.
Best Cardsharing Server

♥Jan♥ said...

Hey there Girlfriend. I see your artistic talents are ever growing !! Hope you are doing well. Think of you often,wish we were closer, sniff ... Jan

♥Jan♥ said...

Hey there Girlfriend. I see your artistic talents are ever growing !! Hope you are doing well. Think of you often,wish we were closer, sniff ... Jan

Helen F. said...

Great journal page and card, Sue! Love that patterned bird and the neat technique you used here.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful page my friend. And I love the quote that you used as well..

Hugs~