I couldn't resist the photo at CCCB #196 this week since I needed to make a masculine Valentine's Day card with a flower! LOVE this photo!
Here's my card:
The top half is a stamp called Parisian Butterfly that I stamped with Ranger's Archival Ink and distressed on the edges with TH Distress Ink in Antique Linen. The bottom half is MME paper from the millions of 6 x 6 paper pads I seem to have collected! Do you do that? I just can't seem to help myself but this year I am going to start going through the paper pads and I'm going to use as much of the patterned paper as I can! I LOVE that the word and the starburst were printed on the paper!
And of course I had to add a flower! But this one is very masculine and even has text on it to match my papers. Gotta LOVE text! And so much for flat cards to save postage! This is going to a special friend who is worth the 66 cent stamp! LOL!
Well that's it for me and my card! Thanks for stopping by!







20 comments:
Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
Gorgeous!! Love the real rustic feel to this project! Hugs Juls
Great masculine card, love those papers combined with the stamp and the big orange flower!
Great masculine card!! I have tons of papers to use up! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!! Have a great day Sue!
Great card! Love the "feel" of the card!
This is sooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the flower!!!!!
Absolutely beautiful card with dp and flower! Take care, hugs!
Beautiful card Sue, I love your masculine feel card, that paper is gorgeous!
Its beautiful! I love that text on the flower. Yes…. so much for trying to keep a card flat, darn that didn't work for me either.
You are fab with masculine cards did you know that?And the colors go so well together. The flower is brilliant; and a gorgeous focal point!
Yes I am an excellent hoarder when it comes to paper pads. I really need to use them more because i have to get rid of my stash. My goal is to uy less pads and when I decreased my stash I allow myself to buy a few:)
Sending a big hug!
XX
Hello Miss Sue, perfect masculine card, love the papers, glad to hear your going to be using them :O), and that flower is fantastic, I love it, another gorgeous make my dear, I'm not one of those paper collectors, I do have some, but really like to make my own backgrounds, thank for sharing sweety and have a wonderful day, ((( BIG HUGS )))..
GORGEOUS take on the inspiration photo, Sue!!! I, too, am a collector of 6x6 paper pads!!! HA! I think I could wallpaper my entire house with them! But...every time I turn around there's yet another 6x6 paper pad that I just HAVE to HAVE!!!
Beautiful masculine card. Love the colors and the flower too.
Super job on this masculine card Sue!! I love the warmth it has and the printed bloom is great. Yup worth the extra postage!!
Wow that card is incredible..
Beautiful card Sue. Love the layered flower with the writing... the scallop border looks perfect. I love the papers... I have a bunch of 6x6 and I don't even work with DP a lot!
Gorgeous Sue!!!! I love the flower and scalloped border :-) Glad you played along!
Sue, this is perfect for a guy! Love your flower that matches your papers and the punched border and tape are great embellishments for the images.
This is gorgeous, Sue!
Gorgeous card and so worth the extra postage too! ~Diane
Post a Comment