Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Papercraft Star Challenge #168 ~ Going Postal

Hi Everyone!  I missed being able to play with Papercraft Star last week PLUS we are taking a break until 12/4/2013 so I made two cards for this week!

Here is our photo inspiration and prompts:
Tags
Postmarks
Stamps
Fleur de lis
Fabric
 
That's a whole lot of inspiration!
 
Here is my FIRST card:

This is for my dear sweet friends who gave me the most wonderful gifts.  (I will show you at the end of my post.)  The aqua ribbon I used was actually on the gift bag!
 

The postal details are washi tape!
 

I water colored the image with Gelatos and used this FAB Tall Wildflowers stamp!  LOVE!
THIS card is what I used my extra image on!  (To see what I am talking about, check out my post here!)

My next card is a Birthday card for a Dear 80 year old male friend.
He is so KIND and loves when I send him cards!

The postal elements were part of the papers I used.
 

I think this is the greatest birthday sentiment!
 

I cut this "tag" from another scrap of "postal" inspired paper.
I hope you like my cards!  Let me know!
I also hope you come and play with us at Papercraft Star.  Check out what the other DT members have made for your inspiration and leave them some LOVE!

My Thank You card goes to my best friends, Carol and Brian.  Wait until you see my FAB gifts!Carol asked me for some clothes from my Dad and my Mom after they passed away.  I couldn't imagine what for but these gifts are he result:
She made me a teddy bear out of my Dad's jean shorts and the blue flowered material is my Mom's shirt that she made a pillow out of!  I sprayed each one with their fragrances that I brought home with me after they passed away.  These are the most AMAZING gifts EVER!

This is the card she made for me.  The roses are the jean material and the bands are fabric from my Mom's shirt.  And inside was the most touching poem Carol wrote for me.  Needless to say, I cried when I read it.
 
And she also made us an anniversary card with a photo from our trip together with tin foil to represent our silver anniversary.  It doesn't get much better than a friendship like this one.
Thanks for listening to me!
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! First let me say how much I LOVE your cards!! Both are so beautiful ...
What a friend you have there ... I couldn't imagine anything nicer than what she did for you ... amazing gifts with such meaning ... you are blessed ... but then so are we to have you as a friend

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my this gift brought tears to my eyes! So very thoughtful and what a caring and loving friend. How wonderful to use her crafty creative talents in such a beautiful way.

Your cards are just amazing! Wow!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh wow, such great friends (and crafty too!). Love your cards hun.

Deanne :)

Marge said...

WOW, what a post full of so much eye candy and emotion!!! LOVE what your sweet friend made for you; she is truly a thoughtful lady!!! Your card are both awesome, but especially love the one you made for your male friend!!!

JoAnn said...

Love your cards and the colors.
The gifts your friend made you are very thoughtful and treasured keepsakes. The card she made for you is wonderful also.
Have a great day.

Mrs Beez said...

Love both cards Sue, beautiful. What fabulous gifts to receive. Enjoy your break.x

Marybeth said...

What a beautiful gift from your friend Carol! I love this idea and I am so happy for you that you received such a thoughtful gift. The card with the layers of script you made for your kind friends is beautiful! Love this post Sue!

toni said...

I love your cards Sue, fabulous way of interpreting the 'inspiration picture. The gifts from your friend are so lovely, such amazing thoughtfulness and a true sign of a very deep friendship. A very touching post xx toni

Nancy said...

Wow…what special gifts and ones you will enjoy forever!!!…...I would have cried like a baby as well. I loved the Anniversary card took….such a cute photo!!
I really love your first card….love the different color ribbon bands around the text….very clever because they are see through! Your a genius!!! Love the second card took…I know he will love it! So glad I stopped by…what a great post!!! TTYL

Anonymous said...

An absolutely wonderful friend! I love your cards too...all the text is awesome.

Lisa Elton said...

Your pink flower was beautiful and now just look at the blue one! PRETTY PRETTY cards Sue, love each and every element on your postcard. What your friend has done for you is worth the tears in my eyes. So very thoughtful , what a wonderful treasured friend! But then agin, you are a special lady and you deserve this showing of love ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your cards!!! LOVING the colors and the postal stamps!!! And loveeee what your friend did with the clothes and the cards she made for you!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wowza Sue! You sure have been a busy crafter! I love all your projects, gifts and stories! Surely these cards will make your friends as happy as you are with your gifts :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous cards Sue. The design looks so pretty.
And you are so blessed to have such great friend! What special gifts for you.

Pauline said...

I love your fabulous cards Sue, the postage stamp designs are gorgeous! I love the blue one for your friend, masculine but still pretty!
You have got a real treasure of a friend there, what an amazing and very thoughtful gift she created for you. I'm not surprised you cried!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh, Sue, what a special friend you have! I know you will treasure those gifts, always!
Your postal cards are fantastic! I especially love the one with the watercolored flower!

Jill Norwood said...

Sue what a blessing! So touched by the gifts you received from Carol and Brian! It brought tears to my eyes! And the cards you made are all so lovely! What a wonderful post! :)

Helen F. said...

Sue, your friend is such a wonderful Blessing! How beautiful her 'gifts' to you are!
I belong to a group who sews these "Memory Bears" . they also use clothing of the deceased...it is a comfort and thoughtful gift for family members.
PS: I love both of your beautiful cards too, and can see myself going "postal" with these fab stamps/papers!

Cheryl said...

The thank you card is so pretty! I love the vintage feel and all that beautiful text. And, the masculine birthday card looks fantastic! I looks like an authentic vintage card! Gorgeous flower, too! And, the gifts your friends gave to you...it made me tear up to read about them. What dear, thoughtful friends you have!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Sue your cards are beautiful. Love the little tag and the script background. You have an amazing friend! What special gifts she has made you. What a real treasure. Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Anitra

Barb Turpin said...

How wonderful to have a friend so in tune to what's going on in your life! My friend had Teddy Bears made out of her son's flannel shirts after he passed...wonderful way to have a little piece of their everyday lives.

I love both your cards! I've always loved the postal theme also. I love the distressing around the edge of the first card.