Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Mixed Media Color Challenge ~ White Christmas

In celebration of the upcoming holidays, this will be our last challenge of 2013! Rather than the usual color combos to play with we are offering you, the artist, the option to play with whatever colors inspire you to create a holiday mixed media project!
 
DEADLINE to play is: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17TH AT 6:00 PM EASTERN, USA.
 
We will resume the challenge on Friday, January 3rd.

Here is MY mixed media canvas:

I collaged papers for the background,


Added damask molding paste and a white embossed tree,


Used rub-ons and snowflakes and felt roses and doodles and tissue tape,


Added text stamping and the sentiment ~ I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!
It IS a Dream since I'm living in Florida!  LOL!

Here are some photos of my process:
Collaged papers

Cut out the red 25

Added molding paste damask

Sprayed through a stencil

Used pinking shears to cut out music papers and stamped text and dots

Added a mini calendar and paint

Then I got carried away and forgot to take more photos!

Here it is again, all done and now hanging on my wall!
I hope you come play with us and add YOUR creation to our gallery at
A Mixed Media Color Challenge!
And here's wishing YOU a wonderful, happy and healthy holiday!
Thanks for supporting our challenge!
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Helen F. said...

WOW, so much work involved in your Mixed Media cards, Sue! However, the FABULOUS results are sure worth it :^)

Pauline said...

Stunning Christmas canvas Sue, I love the lacy trims on the tree, and all the fabulous textures and papers. Amazing!

Juls said...

Wow this is just stunning ... Love the Lace on the tree!! Hugs Juls

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful, Sue. Love all the fabulous texture. :)

Lynn said...

I love seeing the process of how you made this. So many gorgeous elements. I really love the damask.

Lisa Elton said...

How PRETTY!! I LOVE LOVE the tree, the texture and the way you've trimmed it. Another fun work of art!

Unknown said...

This look awesome. I always enjoy seeing your mixed media ART.

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

I think this is my very favourite of yours! It's absolutely stunning! Every single piece is gorgeous ... I just keep looking at it and seeing more!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful Christmas canvas Sue! Love the collaged background and the embossed tree! What a fabulous piece of home decor for the holidays!

Julia Aston said...

what a great background you created Sue! thanks for showing us the steps - it's often hard to see them all once they are layered!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is absolutely fabulous! I love the layers, the tree, the lace and the roses! Super sentiment too! Really like the step by step photos too - so helpful :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Just beautifully done, Sue! Love how you did the tree!

Melody said...

Beautiful! I love your mix patterns and colors.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Amazing piece of art!

JoAnn said...

Great project. Love the lace on the tree.

Unknown said...

Love your project Sue! The tree with the rub on garland is so cute and love all the fun texture. :-) I'm making it a point to join you guys next year, promise. Hugs

Cheryl said...

I love seeing the photos of your progress! It always amazes me to see what you start with vs. where you end up! This Christmas piece is so striking! I love the unusual color palette, and all the layers give the project beautiful depth. I'll bet you dream about mixed media--you have become so good at it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

FABULOUS! What a pretty canvas Sue. Love the collage of beautiful images and the way you used the colors. That white tree with the dry embossing looks perfect!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, you mix media challenge are my favorite...Sad this is your last challenge,( I'm afraid to say the word LOL ), but that darn you know what is around the corner.. II love the background you created,love how you cut the strips with pinking shears, then the stamping, love that damask, the tree is fantastic, love the lace trim, the little dictionary word, fabulous, Its a gorgeous, elegant, beautifully textured Christmas canvas.. I'm going to miss this , thanks for sharing the wonderful tutorial...

Sleepy Stamper said...

Wow! This is amazing! So many layers to this canvas. Love seeing you mixed media.
Hugs,
Anitra