Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Papercraft Star #166 ~ BOO!

Welcome to Papercraft Star #166 where we have this Sweet (Spooky) black cat on a pumpkin for your inspiration!
Suggested prompts are:
Cats
Pumpkins
Orange and Black
Scary

Halloween

I, of course, had to stray a little from the norm, although my canvas is totally based on this cat!!!

I cut out a cat (freehand drawn) on cardstock and covered him with Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap.  I chose the Melange with moths and butterflies because my kitties so LOVE to capture flying creatures!  I chose to lightly paint him purple so he would stand out against my blood orange and black BG!  Are you digging that black spiderweb???  I used Wendy Vecchi black embossing paste ~ LOVE! ~ with my MPD spider web stencil!  What a COOL background this made for my kitty! Also do you see the "blood" dripping down the left corner - YES!  I just HAD to add that detail with ink!!!


I used embossing paste with my new FAV Wendi Vecchi barcode stencil because my canvas needed a POP of white PLUS I just LOVE the different barcodes on this stencil!


I wanted you to see the kitties face because i LOVE how it turned out with just a few subtle details.  I outlined the ears and face with a white pencil and drew in some whiskers!  Just those two little things makes it look more alive I think!


I positioned the triangles sideways and added white and black molding paste.  I think this unexpected orientation adds to my spookiness factor!

So I REALLY hope you like my version of Halloween!  Now come on over to the Papercraft Star site!  See the FAB creations from the other members of the PCS Star Design Team and make something spooky for us!
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is good ... in fact it's amazing!! Love your cat! Everything is just perfectly placed! Well done my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

A hand drawn cat...spooktacular Sue!!
Wow girl you did an amazing job here. Love the big web behind the cat!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is fabulous!! LOVING that cat and the web!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Best interpretation of Halloween EVER!

Deanne :)

Marybeth said...

Love your freehand drawn cat! Amazing Halloween card!

♥Jan♥ said...

Wow, something really spectacular here !! Personally, I love the red blood, wish I would have thought of doing that on one of my Halloween cards this year. Great job on the cat too !! Hugs !! -J-

Barb Turpin said...

Again, so very creative! Sue, you have such a wonderful imagination! That purple cat is amazing.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love your fun and awesome canvas!!!!

Pauline said...

What a fun and spooky canvas Sue! It reminds me of a childhood book I had, Gobbolino the Witches cat! Love the vibrant colours, and that barcode stencil is unusual, I think you will start a trend! Miaow!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow! What an artist you are!! This is fabulous!

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Sue this is awesome, love the cat!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fab canvas Sue! Love your hand drawn cat and the bold stenciled spider web and triangular background! The butterfly tissue paper was a great idea!

Vickie Z said...

Look at you free handing your own cat!! The extra touches (white ears, whiskers) do make it come alive more!! Love all the colors, patterns, and textures!!

Cheryl said...

Eeeek! This is definitely eerie! I LOVE the hand drawn cat, and the white pencil detailing is fab--kind of looks like the moon is shining on it. Very cool stenciling, too. The dripping blood...uh...really neat detail, but gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! I'm a wimp! ;)

JoAnn said...

Great project Sue. Love your hand drawn cat. A lot of fabulous details.

Maria said...

Wow! Just love those vibrant colors! The spider web and cat are amazing! Fab texture and patterns...well done!

Unknown said...

I just love seeing your mixed media work. This look wonderful..

Hugs~

~Tammy~ said...

That cat is way too cool! Love your take on the challenge!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Wow this is so artistic! You did an awesome job on the cat! The molding paste looks great!
Hugs,
Anitra

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, I finally got a chance to visit :)..Straying from the norm is YOU and I love that about you my dear, the background you created is fabulous, now that cat you made is fantastic, he looks so ghostly, excellent project thanks for sharing my dear..