Thursday, October 17, 2013

A MMCC #10 - Smile Today!

Aren't the colors this week for A Mixed Media Color Challenge #10 just DREAMY???!!!
 
I decided to make a journal page and it is called, "Smile Today"

I made a BG using gesso and peach, tan , and brown paints.  I added vines with molding paste and inked them brown so they would POP!
 

Here is my sentiment on inked corrugated paper.  I added vellum vines on top of deli paper so you could see the words better.
 

I randomly added doily rub ons and these Beautiful butterfly dies from MPD Fancy Butterflies and dies and stamps to make the clocks from MPD Time Pieces and  MPD Timeless. I also stamped "thinking of you" and smudged it around the edges of my page.
 

Here's another butterfly and clock on the top right of my page.

The process:
Here is a photo of my page with the BG completed with the vines stenciled with molding paste.


Here is how I added the brown color to the vine:

Okay, now it's YOUR turn!
Go to A Mixed Media Color Challenge, checkout what Mona made, and then make a project to share with us!  We would LOVE to come by and comment!

Also this week we have the AMAZING Design Team from Papercraft Star playing with us:
Anitra
Deanne
Ros
Jan

Please leave them some LOVE for their BEAUTIFUL projects!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful art journal page Sue! I love all the texture and butterflies fluttering about! Lovin' the metal hands on the clocks! The rub on doilies add such a sweet touch!

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning Sue ... I too love those doilies .. . and the fancy hands on the clocks look fabulous along with those gorgeous butterflies!

Jill Norwood said...

Sue… this is so BEAUTIFUL! I love all the texture and those gorgeous butterflies! And the doilies are such a pretty touch! Gorgeous my dear! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and the butterflies!!!!

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the butterflies. Give it a wonderful whimsical feel.

Marjan said...

Beautiful colors for your challenge, and beautiful is your page too! Love the way you made those vines and how all the elements on it combine!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful page you created Sue! love your layers and the pop of those brown vines!

♥Jan♥ said...

You have some wonderful ideas, Sue !! I always know I will see something different and unique on your mixed media projects. I love this color combo !! ♥♥♥ J

JoAnn said...

Beautiful journal page. Love the butterflies and the doilies. Great job.

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty page Sue! I love the metal clock hands and vellum vines, great little details that add so much!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue! I love the textures, and the beautiful colours, and your little tutorial is so helpful.

Maria said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sue! Such pretty colors and butterflies! It all makes for a very lovely journal page!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Soo pretty Sue. Love the gessod wines and the butterflies. The doily rub-on was a really nice touch. I also like that clock! Great design again!

Anonymous said...

Spectular Sue!!!! I love the background and pretty butterfly!!!!

Unknown said...

Your page looks amazing. I love that butterfly. Well done!

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love your journal page! Such a perfect mix of unique goodies!

~Tammy~ said...

Another gorgeous mixed media page! Love the natural tones!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Beautiful journal page. All the textures are great.
Hugs,
Anitra

Cheryl said...

Sue, this is so beautiful! It looks like it is made out of wood--especially the die cut words from corrugated cardboard. I'll be borrowing that idea from you! ;)

Dianne said...

This is mt favorite challenge you design for, looooooove the texture you created , those gorgeous browns,the gorgeous butterflies, the fabulous clocks, YOU MAKE ME SMILE BIG, excellent make my dear Sue,thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

Love this Sue! You are quite the mixed media artist. :)))) The color combo is awesome too. Hugs

Shirley said...

Okay, now I have to try this too!! This is gorgeous and I need some of that paste!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful mixed media journal page. I love the stenciled vine. :)

Juls said...

Great journaling page!! Hugs Juls

Marybeth said...

Beautiful journal page! Love the vines!

stampingbowd said...

Wow!!! I love all your photos showing things I might have missed!!! The doily rub-on is a fun accent that I would have missed. I LOVE the color and this definitely causes me to SMILE TODAY! Wonderful journal page!