Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Papercraft Star #165 - Happy Thanksgiving!

It's time for this week's Papercraft Star #165 inspiration photo:
Some possible ideas are:
Pumpkins
Fall Flowers
Scarecrows

Wood grain

Here is MY card for this challenge:

Everything was in my stash except for this big beautiful felt pumpkin I bought in the Thanksgiving sale section at HL!

12 pumpkins in two colors and two shapes for under $2.75!  A steal of a deal!
I see more Thanksgiving cards in my future!

I trimmed some scalloped patterned paper to make this bottom border.
I am NOT a big fan of Fall colors but I am really Happy with how this turned out and I have a very special friend to send it to!

I hope you will join us at Papercraft Star and link up YOUR FAB creation!
At the very least, please go heck out what the talented Design Team has made to inspire YOU!
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is so pretty! I love the pumpkin and those pretty flowers ... The scalloped border is quite stunning!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your softer take on fall colors with the pop of orange from the steal of a deal pumpkin!! Your sentiment banner with the flowers is beautiful!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo beautiful!! I love love love that pumpkin!!!!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Lovely! I agree, I am not a big fan of fall colours too but every once in awhile they work :)

Deanne :)

Marjan said...

Your interpretation on fall colors is more feminine. Gorgeous card,Sue!

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautiful with wonderful textures and autumn colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Cheryl said...

That pumpkin is so cute, and it looks totally handmade! I love the bloomer ribbon and pretty banners and the 3 roses look fab! I have quite a few of those kind of roses, but never know how to use them!

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful Sue! Like you, I am not a fan of orange, but this card is simply beautiful. Great scallops, and a fun quilted pumpkin really make this card glow with warmth love it!

Marybeth said...

Not a fan of fall colors??? Well you made a gorgeous card with them. Love your adorable bumpkin with the stitching,,, gorgeous card Sue! Hope you are doing well.

Lynn said...

All kinds of beautiful texture on this card Sue!

Unknown said...

I am Loving your card. The papers you used look wonderful.. Well done on this color challenge.

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How adorable!!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful! I would never know you didn't like autumn colors, cos you did a fantastic job with this color challenge!

Dianne said...

Beautiful layout, love the pumpkin, well fall colors are my favorite so I love the card, thanks for sharing..

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love the felt pumpkin and fancy fabric trimming!

Nancy said...

This has oodles of texture Sue..that pumpkin was a steal! For not loving fall colors this is stunning!

Mrs Beez said...

Such beautiful colours. I love those peachy pumpkin tones and then the pop from the pumpkin. Gorgeous.

Shannon White said...

Oooh So Softy Pretty and warm! Love the Sweet felt pumpkin and your Fabulous design too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Sue. Love the felt pumpkin, the flowers... the ribbon trim is gorgeous. Pretty colors too...

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

LOVE THIS CARD! This is my all time favourite card of yours. The colours look beautiful, you did an amazing job with them. The scalloped edge, the pretty texture... man I adore this card.
What a triumph, so pumpkinlicious!
Katie x

Sleepy Stamper said...

Sue this is so darling! The trim on the bottom is wonderful and what a score with the pumpkin! It looks fabulous paired with the craft die cut behind it.

Hugs,
Anitra

Loretta said...

How gorgeous is this!??

~Tammy~ said...

Ok, I am totally crushin' on this one! Love the rosette ribbon, the fab resin flowers, and of course that beautiful felt pumpkin!