Welcome to the City Crafter Challenge Blog #173 inspiration photo selected by the Lovely Ros! I know I am only the August Guest Designer but she couldn't have picked a better photo for ME! LOL!
I adore roses~ especially if they are pink!
For this challenge you have to use one stamp, two papers, and three embellies.
I decided to make a mixed media journal page and create a very literal interpretation.

Using my absolute FAV stencil from Mona Pendleton Designs called Rose Builders (and definitely a Must Have at $5.50), I made three roses and tried to emulate the color of the BG in the photo.
My one stamp is a text stamp that is randomly stamped on my BG as well as stamped in my molding paste dots in the corner to add more texture. My two papers are the actual journal page and the flocked leaves I cut out of a 12 x 12 patterned paper (shown later in this post). My three embellies are the three pink gems, the paper words, and the rub on word.
Can you also see the texture I created behind the roses with a comb tool? Subtle but interesting.

I applied Gesso from left to right and then ran the comb from top to bottom to create the base texture.
Here is a close-up of one of my roses.

I used light molding paste because I wanted a smooth texture. I scraped it relatively flat with a credit card while the stencil was still in place.

Here is a really close-up view of the molding paste rose to show you the dimension it adds. LOVE it!

Here's a close-up of the flocked leaves that I cut out of a piece of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper and mod podged down. The paper is next to my circles and if you enlarge the photo, you can see the text.
I hope you like my journal page as much as I do!
Now go to the City Crafter blog, see what the Design Team has made to inspire you, and then come play along!









20 comments:
I love that you always work with the inspiration photo so well, and also love the texture background you created on your journal page, fabulous work Sue!!!! Thanks for being our guest at CCCB, what an honor to have you!
Wow Sue! What an amazing interpretation of the inspiration photo! I love the beautiful roses and all the texture! on your page! Thanks for the inspiration!
Gorgeous Sue!!! LOVE the roses and the background!
Absolutely stunning journal page Sue, I love the moulded roses, and the textures, just gorgeous!
Roses are my favorite too! I have so many different ones that bloom in my garden and your beautiful creation reminded me of how much enjoyment I get from them! The layers and texture are fabulous and I love the roses you created! A beautiful project my dear! Big hugs!
Oh la la...love the roses and all the fabulous texture on your design Sue.
This is so perfect for the challenge ... I love those roses ... A really beautiful page ... It's been lovely having you at CCCB!
Beautiful, journal page, Sue. I love how you created texture on your gorgeous roses! x
Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I am LOVING those roses!!!
I love Roses Too! However DH yanked the rose bush that came with the house! :-) It was a mess. This is gorgeous dear! Love the colors!
BEAUTIFUL Sue!! You really captured the photo with perfection. Love the texture you created with the comb too. Splendid work...as ALWAYS!!
Wow Sue! This super fabulous hun!
Deanne :)
Your roses are gorgeous!!!! Love all of the different details ! Fabulous journal page!
WOOOOOWZA! Sue this is gorgeous! Look at that detail and depth! LOOOOOOOOOVE it! And I LOVE that you fussy cut!!!! AMAZING:)
Beautiful creation Sue! Love the pink roses and the textures. The flocked leaves are perfect. So many neat elements! Fab job girl!
That is so beautiful, love the dimension you achieved. Your interpretation is truly precious.
Katie x
Love this journal page ! The roses turned our beautiful and I love the dimension it add to your page. Pink is the best. That background is great as well. Love the text . Beautiful!
Wow, Sue! You were seriously inspired by that photo, and you nailed the background color (as well as everything else)! I love all the little details you always add, like the stenciled dots, tiny paper words, and text stamp. The roses are beautiful, but it's those little extras that pull it together so nicely.
Love this. The roses are so pretty. Great job.
The texture on those roses is amazing Sue!!! Your work is amazing!
Post a Comment