Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Papercraft Star #158 ~ thx ~

Welcome to Papercraft Star #158 where this week's photo is all about bright colors and summer!
Here are some prompts to inspire you:
Colors
Shapes
Die Cut
Fruit
Picnic

I decided to go with colors and shapes but in a more non-literal fashion!
I started with this flower because the color made me think of watermelon and there are stripes on the petals.  I also thought the tiny seed in the center reminded me of watermelon seeds!  Vivid imagination, I know!


Here is my card:

The colors in the papers reminded me of the photo and once again I went for round and stripes in the top paper and green in the bottom paper because of the grapes in the photo which led me to add the green pom pom trim which REALLY reminded me of the grapes!


The sentiment is thx because I have so much to be thankful for and so many people to thank.   The letters are stick on burlap (thanks Maria!) and I dabbed them with layers of paint.

Why am I thankful you ask???  My neighbors asked me what night I was coming back to Bradenton where I live and they organized meals for me and my dh for seven nights!  Can you imagine?!  I can't thank them enough for comforting me with food and giving me the opportunity to grieve without having to worry about what to cook for dinner.  They also organized a donation to give me money to use however I wanted to Memorialize my Dad - maybe a plant or a donation to charity they said???  I am choosing to buy a bench for our community (which is the first of many I am hoping) with a plaque on it for my Dad so ALL of the residents can enjoy this memorial to him.  I just LOVE my neighborhood and I am so glad we moved here!

So Get Inspired!
Check out what the other DT members have created on our blog and
Come Play with us!!!
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning card Sue ... I love the interpretation ... and what lovely neighbours!! I'm so glad that they did this for you ... You really deserve it ... you are such a thoughtful lady yourself ... hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

What a gorgeous flower! I see right into that imagination of yours!! Really pretty card Sue. Your neighbors sound wonderful. I love the idea of a bench, a lovely way for you to say thank you.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a beautiful card but also what an amazing way to cherish your Dads memory. I hope you are well, it's nice to see you are finding contentment in cardmaking.
Hugs, Katie xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the colors and the pompoms!! And what wonderful and caring neighbors you have!! That is so WOW!!!!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Sue this card is so sweet. The colors are stunning! What wonderful kind neighbors. And how thoughtful to use the gift for a bench for all to enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Anitra

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Those neighbours of yours are keepers! What a wonderful thing they are doing for you and your family - so, so nice :)

Love your card, I do see all your inspiration and it's perfect!

Deanne :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love the gorgeous blossom and burst of color! The little green pom pom trim adds such a fun touch!

Cheryl said...

What a stunning card! I am in love with the colors you used (especially that yummy green pompom trim!), and that flower is GORGEOUS! Your new neighborhood sounds wonderful, and so does the commemorative bench. How thoughtful of your friends to help make that possible. ~Hugs!

Sasha said...

Sue, your card is LUSH! I love those juicy summer colours and your gorgeous flower
What wonderful neighbours you have! You are surrounded by warm, loving and such caring people xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is such a pretty card! I love how elegant your cards always are.

Darnell said...

That was a moving post about your fabulous neighbors and the bench you plan as a memorial to your Dad, Sue. Your make on the inspiration photo could NOT be more perfect!! Take good care! Darnell

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Sue!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OK! Now THIS card is my FAV, Sue! I LOVE the papers-- so beautiful! LOVE the design on the alphas! LOVE that flower! GORGEOUS x10000000:)

That was super sweet of your neighbors. Bless their hearts-- Prov. 11:25! I hope you are doing well-- thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort <3

Jill Norwood said...

Hello sweet Sue! Love your beautiful card and so happy to know you are surrounded by sweet neighbors who care! What a blessing! Big hugs! :) Jill

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the pretty flower.
What a blessing to have wonderful neighbors like yours. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

~Tammy~ said...

I found the inspiration incredible and your card is amazing!

What a beautiful way to honor your dad and give back to your neighbors!

Beverly Montez said...

wow!
gorgeous!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a blessing to have such wonderful friends and neighbors! Your card is fabulous! I adore the green pompoms! And that flower is so pretty!

Nancy said...

Is there a house for sale in your neighborhood.... Cause if so I'm moving there too!!! Jk..... What wonderful people!!!! That is so touching!! Love the bench idea Sue!!! Your card is gorgeous!!!!

Maria said...

Awww...so sweet of you to shout out thank you to me on your blog post! Love how you used the letters and painted them, so creative! Such a pretty card with gorgeous flower and trim! Your neighbors are so thoughtful and kind! Thinking of you...take care...hugs!

Pauline said...

What a gorgeous card Sue, I love the textures, and fabulous papers, that flower is stunning.
What thoughtful, caring neighbours you have Sue, and what a lovely idea for a bench for your dads memory, a very lovely tribute.

Dianne said...

Hey Sweety, you card is gorgeous a perfect interpretation of the photo.Well my dear people get back what they give out,you must be a wonderful neighbor too, I know your a wonderful person:). The bench is a fantastic idea and I'm sure you Dad will love it too, thanks for sharing, your an inspiration to all of us..