Friday, July 5, 2013

Precious Remembrance ~ New Journey Stamp Set Released ~ Click, Click, Smile!

Welcome to the new Journey stamp set release at the Precious Remembrance blog!  Check out the blog to see how you can win this brand new stamp set for your very own!

Today's card features five of the stamps in this FAB set called Journey!


I used the camera stamp, the words click and smile, the arrow stamp and the film strip stamp.

Here's my card:


I stamped the camera on text tissue paper and mod podged it to my card. I also stamped the arrows on the left side and bottom of the card to make yours eyes move around the card (a graphic designer friend told me to always try and do that!)


I also found this Amazing roll of textured burlap ribbon with white stripes painted on it.  It turned out to be exactly the right width to stamp "click" on one banner and "smile" on the other banner. The third banner is the film strip stamped on vellum.

All it needed was this Gorgeous flower and doily to finish it off!
I hope you like my card!

I have two tips to share with you in making this card.
First, do you see the subtle arrows?  This is a rather long and narrow stamp.  I wanted to make sure it was in a straight line so I laid it on the piece of paper exactly how I wanted it and THEN placed the acrylic block on the back of the stamp.  That way when I inked it up, I KNEW I would get the perfect straight image I wanted from this flexible stamp!  If you wanted a curved image, you could do the same thing by laying the stamp down in the shape you wanted and then pressing the acryllic block down on the back of the stamp!

My second tip is that I KNEW I would want to use this FAB film strip on other projects so I stamped multiple ones on a piece of vellum and cut them all out so they would be ready any time I wanted one!  You can see my next project with this FAB film strip when I host {Saturday Creations} on
July 20th!

Here, once again, is the Journey stamp set you can purchase in the Precious Remembrance store!  Go check it out!

And go to the Precious Remembrance blog to see what the other members of the DT (listed in my sidebar) have made to inspire you!
Thanks for stopping by!  Let me know what you think!
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that camera and love love love the film strip!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love your card! The film strip on the vellum is fabulous! Great tip to make several!!

Beverly Montez said...

This is really cute.
I like that stamp set--thanks for sharing it with us!
XO

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous texture Sue! I'm SO PROUD of you for using the camera!!! It looks so cute. The banners under the pretty layered flower make it look like an award!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Sue! Love the text camera and beautiful blossom!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow, Sue! What a SUPER FUN card you created with those stamps, awesome!

Cheryl said...

Ooooo, this card is fantastic, Sue! Each single detail on it is exactly right! I love all the different textures with the text paper, burlap and painted ribbon, soft vellum, sewing, and that gorgeous multi-layered flower. Did you make the flower yourself? I have always passed up on stamp sets with cameras in them because I couldn't imagine how I could use it, but I may just have to get this one. You must just live and breathe art! Everything you create is beautiful and worthy of serious study!

Sasha said...

Fabulous card, Sue! Lots of lovely stamping and texture.

Enjoy a great weekend! x

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card this is and yes the eye does travel around!

Maria said...

Oh, what a gorgeous card! Fab way of using the film strip stamp on vellum...love it! Great accents with the burlap, arrows, and beautiful flower. I can see myself wanting all their stamps from this company...love them!!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is so creative, I love what you did with each element. You are such a fun crafter.
Katie x

1CardCreator said...

Love this card, the photo strip on vellum and the canvas all cut to arrows are perfect! Don't you just love it when a find like that burlap ribbon has a perfect use? Really a fabulous card. ~Diane

~Tammy~ said...

I am just smitten! Ok, I am loving that ribbon! That is perfect and amazing! I just love the text camera and the beautiful flower embellishment! Such wonderful texture! I love it all!

Lynn said...

Way to rock the new stamps...love that gorgeous flower and the film strips!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card and I love the new stamps! I even learned something ....the tip about the arrows. Looks like that ribbon with the white painted on it is going to come in handy for stamping all kinds do sentiments on it. Love the flower too!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous beauty. ;-) Love what you've done with the new stamps - and great tips, too. That burlap ribbon is so cool with the sentiments stamped onto it. And that flower is so WOW! Beautiful. ;-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I just love your use of flowers-- gorgeous! And I love the different banners coming from behind the flower! SOOOOOOOOOOO FUN! LOVE the little arrows-- great tips:) TFS!

Dianne said...

This is gorgeous Sue , love how you created it, and thanks for the wonderful tips, you're the best for sharing..

Ella Swan said...

Great work - loving the stamped burlap!