Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Papercraft Star #152 ~ Smile!

What does THIS inspiration photo from this week's Papercraft Star #152 make YOU think of?
Travel
Postage
Postcards
Teddy Bear
Tags???
 
I immediately thought of travel and of all of the wonderful places I would love to see!
Here is MY card:

I just LOVE this patterned filmstrip paper with famous destinations on it!  All of them are places I haven't been to yet!

I paired it with a scalloped piece of paper with postage prints on it.
Here is a close up of the film strip I paper clipped to a piece of seam binding.  I wanted you to see I left it kind of curled and loose so it would look real and stand out dimensionally from the card front.


I added the heart because I LOVE to travel!
I added the word "Smile" because you need to smile for the camera!
I added the tiny wooden airplane because you have to fly to get to these places!

I hope you like my card!

Now get out some of your travel goodies and come play with us at Papercraft Star!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the splash of red with the heart and loving the film strip!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! Love the bit of red!

Deanne :)

Marybeth said...

What a fun card! Love the filmstrip ribbon, and red heart!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so fun Sue! Yes, there are many places out there I want to see! I love the red heart!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Sue! Love the vintage vibe and filmstrip trim! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sasha said...

Such a wonderful design, Sue. Love your film strip and those little added extras of your plane and clip x

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely Fabulous Sue!! I couldn't love this more!

scrappingnana said...

Great card Sue. Love the vintage papers and cute film strip. The heart and plane are great touches. TFS

1CardCreator said...

Love this card, the filmstrip and paper are gorgeous, and I love the curled forward corner along with the really cool scalloped border, really gives it movement. ~Diane

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh my, wouldn't this make an adorable album cover? Have you been to Paris? We've only made it to Disney Paris so far, never been to the city centre can you believe! I've always wanted to, this card so makes me want to go now and check out all those Art museums. Something I know dh would find very dull :(
Katie x

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute! Love the wood airplane and vintage film strip. :)

Unknown said...

A wonderful card Sue and I love the elements you added. Fab paper too! Hugs

Anonymous said...

Such a fantastic card Sue!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is a brilliant take on this one, awesome Sue!

Dianne said...

Stunning card Miss Sue, love the paper, the film strip, all the aging, the distressing,loooove the scalloped bottom with the postage stamps,that tiny plane is the sweetest, this card is FABULOUS... Thanks for sharing. hope you having a wonderful time...

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! The papers are perfect and all the embellies (film strip, wooden airplane, heart etc,) are perfect!!

Maria said...

Gorgeous vintage card, Sue! Love the paper, film strip, plane and heart! What a FUN card! Ohhh, how I love to travel, too!:-)

Stella said...

Well sweetie if you ever consider to travel to Eiurope I would love to show you around in the Netherlands:)
Your card is amazing; love the vintage style and it looks fab!

A bit late but congrats on being on the DT at Papercraft Star!

And you look amazing on your profile photo. So young! i guess I need a facial :)
XX

Beverly Montez said...

I think I could usually pick out your cards, but I wouldn't have thought you did this one! Great card and love the paper.
Fun talking to you today!
XO

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful vintage card! The spark of red looks great!

Jill Norwood said...

So very beautiful! I love the travel theme and that adorable film strip! Stuart and I had hoped to see Paris together on our 20th but perhaps I will go by myself one day with my little one! :)

Juls said...

Fun card, love it!! Hugs Juls

Helen F. said...

Super cool interpretation to the 'travel' photo, Sue. Love your card lots :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun travel card. Love the film strips and all the pretty images of different landmarks. The touch of red looks great.

Lisa Elton said...

This is FUN!! I love the look of the film strip on the seam binding. The little airplane was the perfect finishing touch!

Cheryl said...

LOVE the pop of red with the vintage dp, and the filmstrip is a fab touch, especially with the film paper! Hope you have a wonderful week!