Monday, May 20, 2013

PDCC #182 - I'm Having the time of My Life!

I LOVE this color combo at PDCC #182 and decided to play along!
I decided to make this card for my son who just started his summer internship for college working at the front desk of a resort in Orlando, FL.  He is really outgoing and is just having a blast!  I wanted to let him know we are proud of him!

I used the star paper because we used to live in Texas and he loves the star!
Here's my card:

I used a MS doily label with what is actually a Christmas tag in the center.  The star was a perfect match!


Next is a photo of why I am having the time of my life ~ Mona Pendelton is visiting me!
She finished her weekend retreat at MFT where she taught a mixed media class with her brand new 
Mona Pendelton Design Mixed Media stamps, die cuts, and stencils!  How exciting!
She's visiting me until tomorrow night.  I will try and take more pictures of our time together!
Hope you like my card!

Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a super card for your son Sue, I love this star paper and all of the extra stars you added.

I wondered if you and Mona would have chance to hang out!!! Enjoy your visit ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How exciting to see Mona!! I loveeeeeeeee your card!! LOVING the colors!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh I love seeing your creations! You are a proud mama! I lurve this card! I am loving the star paper as in I want it!!! 411 please!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I adore the paper that you chose! The tiny tags, doily and stitching are lovely together!
Have fun with Mona!

Mona Pendleton said...

Having the time of my life hanging out with you too Sue! :) I'm going to need to check in for retail rehab when I get home! :) LOL your card is awesome! Love the star theme and how you embellished the doily! Congrats to Kevin! I know you are one proud Mom! :)

Pauline said...

I know you two are having so much fun! I'm sure Mona will be exhausted with all the retail therapy you are doing lol!
Love your card for your son Sue, the colours and stars are perfect! I love the touch of twine with that sweet tiny tag, such a fun card for him!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh wow! you gals are really going to have a blast ... I can see lots more canvases on the horizon! Can't wait to see more photos ... And your card is a perfect take on that inspiration board ... fabulous!!! Have a great time!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card Sue! So happy for your son and his internship! And the stars on the card and that fabulous color palette are so fun! I hope you and Mona have a lovely visit! :) Jill

Sasha said...

Such a fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Sue...such a great card for your son. Love the theme!
And I know you and Mona will be enjoying such a fun time together! xx

Dianne said...

A perfect card for your son, congrats to him with his new job, I'm sure he knows you're proud of him,love how you reinvented the christmas tag, its perfect here,love the color combo. I would be excited too I just went to Monas blog oh my goodness what a fabulous artist she is, well you 2 have some BIG FUN, can't wait to see if you do any crating. Have a wonderful day..

Emily Keaton said...

You ROCKED these gorgeous colors, Sue! I just love what you did with them. And those stars? Amazing! They have so much impact. :)

Marybeth said...

Well congrats to your son! Hmm wonder who ne gets his outgoingness from!!! Love the card and like everyone else said you rocked this challange . The stars sound like a hit for your son! Enjoy your time with Mona ....sounds like a lot of fun!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love how you used this color challenge! Fabulous!

I was hoping you and Mona would be able to get together! Please share all the deets and of course photos, too!
Have fun!!!

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty card. Good luck to your son with his job.

Wow, you are spending time with Mona, how exciting. Are you going to Hobby Lobby?

Anonymous said...

Love your card!!! Have a fabulous time with Mona!

Unknown said...

What a cute card. I can just imagine the fun You and Mona will have.

Hugs~

Rachel said...

stunning card, i especially love that you used a christmas tag in the middle of summer and it still looks perfect!! congrats to your son, and i hope you had a fun time with mona! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Monika/Buzsy said...

OH, how pretty Sue Lelli. Love the color combo and all the star elements. The doily looks great too.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH! This card is GORGEOUS! Love love love those papers-- LOVE that doily and that twine with the tag!! FAB x1000000!

Beverly Montez said...

This is a color scheme I have always loved. Great way to use that doily and you always have a special way to use those itty bitty tags that you "influenced" me to buy. I need to use them!!!!!

Shannon White said...

Super fun Summery color combo you got to play with here Sue!! Love the Sweet doily and tiny tag too! Soo Pretty and Fun all at the same time! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Juls said...

Gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls xxx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I hope your son is having the time of his life -you must be so proud.
Love all of those stars, he's a lucky boy having such a tallented Mom.
Katie x