Look at this GORGEOUS color inspiration at CCCB#160 selected by Ros Crawford!
These are the perfect colors to make my Thank You card for Mona Pendleton who came and stayed with me for a couple of days after her big Mixed Media debut at the MFT event this past weekend.
My last post showed Mona when I picked her up at the Orlando airport. I have a few more photos to show you at the end of this post so stay tuned!
First my card to Mona:
This BG paper was made by me with my Gelli late that Mona showed me how to use!
Here's my messy desk we were experimenting on:
I actually used the piece that is off to the side. The main piece is the one Mona introduced me to two new (to me anyway!) mediums - fiber paste and crackle. Do you buy supplies like I do and hold onto them because you don't know what to do with them??? Playing with them was so much FUN!
So I decided to use the fiber paste on the card as a border on the bottom. You can see it better in this photo:
Isn't it FUN??!!
Then I added some map paper, some twine, a flower, and a mat to let Mona know how much I appreciated EVERYTHING we did together!
It's in the mail and on it's way to Mona. I hope she likes it!
Here's a photo of the FABULOUS Brighton bracelet Mona brought to me. I am a Lucky Girl! It's from their new sea glass collection and Mona so thoughtfully new I would LOVE it since I am all about the beach!
Mona and I not only each made a card, but she showed me so many things ~ fiber paste, crackle, helping with the tension on my sewing machine (LOL), she made me eat healthy, we went to the beach:
I'd like to say we made it but we just posed with it!
I can't even remember everything I want to thank her for!
And then she had to fly home. Here she is before we drove to the airport:
And here she is at the airport:
I can't wait until she comes back to stay with me again! HINT! HINT!













29 comments:
I love your card for Mona. It is stunning. It looks like you had a fabulous time together!
I love your card for Mona, and the fabulous texture you created with your gelli plate. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and the picture of you on the beach is fab - such beautiful blue sky! Can't wait to see what else you create with the gelli plate!
Loveeeeeeee your card!! GORGEOUS colors! And loving your photos with Mona!!
The pretty stitching, the lovely bloom and the fabulous texture...yep Mona will love this for sure! Cute Cute pics Sue, so happy you had a nice visit!!
Awe Sue, I miss you already! I think we were sisters in a previous life! Thank YOU for your sweet friendship and for always being there for me when I need that push to go one step further :) Your homemade gelli made paper looks fabulous! Your card is so beautiful! I love the fancy little label and gorgeous blossom and that little heart charm is such a sweet touch :) That won't be the last that you see our sandman friend ;) Planning my next trip already! :)
I absolutely LOVE your thank you card for Mona! You really incorporated some beautiful mixed media techniques! How cool is it to have had Mona as your guest and personal teacher! I would just die! Thanks so much for sharing all the wonderful photos! Looks like you two had lots of fun!
Your card is beautiful! Love the texture the fiber paste adds to the card! And the pictures are wonderful! I love the beach picture! So fun! :)
Oh just look at you two sun kissed blonde beauties! And look at that beach!!!
I love your pretty card and I'm sure Mona will too ... And your bracelet is so pretty!
Gosh I got so carried away I forgot to say ... Thank you so much for playing at CCCB!
Love the pretty card you created for Mona, Sue. And the sea glass bracelet Mona got for you is really lovely.
Such lovely, happy photo's of you both xx
Love your pretty card with all the texture. Sounds like you both had a wonderful time. You look like you could be sisters in the the photos. TFS
love the color inspiration..your card is so pretty full of textures and nice details...I like everything...
and that BEACH...oh my god the sand look so white,
greetings from California
bye bibiana
What a great time you two girls had!!! Love your handmade paper and the braclet is beautiful!! She will surly love the card Sue!!So glad you joined us this week at CCCB :-)
Your card is WONDERFUL!!! i am sure Mona is gonna love it! I bet you had so much fun! Love the photos! TFS!
You two look like you could be sisters! I love the way you try new things, and this card is gorgeous! Beautiful gift from Mona too.
Pretty card!!!! I can see lots of great texture and I also want to play with, thank you for sharing and thanks for joining us this week at CCCB!
What a beautiful card Sue. I love the paper you made. Looks like you girls had loads of fun.
You, lucky girl! It seems you guys had lots of fun! In the craft room and outside. What a pretty thank you card. Love the color combo and the textures. That flower is lovely.
Gorgeous card and it looked like fun creating it love the map ribbon you created brilliant idea, and she looks like you you guys could be sisters, well your crafting sisters:O) and 2 beautiful bathing beauties on the beach, thanks for sharing your wonderful visit with us and have a wonderful creative weekend..
I can't tell you how much I love the textures and colors on this card. Amazing!
Wow!!! Looks like you and Mona had a marvelous time! Sounds like so much fun learning new things with Mona! And, you created a fab card for her! I'm sure she'll appreciate it! Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!
LOOOOOOOVE it! LOVE the layered texture and colors of your media!! LOVE that flower- -so beautiful!!
Those photos of you and Mona are AWESOME!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the one on the beach! So glad you were able to hang with her!!! <3
So I left you a comment but meanwhile my computer had the hiccups and coming back now, I see that it must have spit it out, for I can't see it. It's certainly not here! So. Take 2. What I was saying is that I love love love your project! The gelli, the rope, and so on. And that I am green with envy that you're living so close to such a heavenly beach :)
Thank you for joining us at CCCB! Hugs and happy day to you ~ Wendy
You guys look like sisters!!
You are doing so many new crafty things!! You need to hop on a plane and do a stamp retreat for your "old" pals.
Beautiful, colorful card.
I am like you (holding on to products lol) Sue. Looks like you two had fun together and her card is amazing. I just purchased fiber paste and if you have any tips please email me. :)
OMGoodness!! What a Gorgeous card!! Love all the fun texture and dimension you created with Gelli late and fiber paste! Wowie!! I'd be so lost! lol I'd need a tutorial for sure!! I know Mona will Love this! And what Wonderful pics of the two of you! I swear you guys could be sisters! And it looks like you guys had lots of fun to boot! That's so Awesome Lady! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
Beautiful!! Love the fact u made your own background and the rose is just stunning!! Hugs Juls xxx
I always love to hear your friendship stories and how you get to visit them and take such cool pics. Lovely card, the bloom really says "hey look at me" and rightly so. Those techniques are wonderful, what a lovely friend Mona is.
Ok, as for the beach pic -I now seriously think I live in District 12!!! You guys are the capital for sure. No pink hair, but so glam anyways.
Katie x
Oh My, Sue! that's a gorgeous thank you card. What a fun visit you had with Mona! LOVE the bracelet~wow, how very special :) TFS the photos
Post a Comment