All I needed was the perfect sketch:
Here is my crimped heart with a resin flower:

Here is my seam binding and twine bow:
LOVE this sketch from retro sketches #60!
and the PERFECT color inspiration from The Ribbon Reel Challenge #51 - 'Feeling Blue':
Here is my crimped heart with a resin flower:

Here is my seam binding and twine bow:

Here is my Birthday card for my Dear Sweet Dad who is turning 82! CAS and in colors that are masculine and remind me of him. Even with a doily and flower it has that right masculine feeling.

***Personal note - I JUST got back from my two week FAB birthday trip but I am leaving Wednesday morning to drive to my Dad's and hand deliver this card and his gift. This is one of those firsts - first birthday without my Mom. He's really blue so I'm hoping my visit and this card will cheer him (and me) up!
I also promise to get around to your blogs soon!
Have a GREAT week!







30 comments:
Aww, what a lovely card for your dad Sue, I'm sure he's looking forward to your visit so much.
Glad you had a good trip, our flight home was delayed by 4 hours!! We left eventually at 2am! Hope you had a wonderful birthday too xxx
I think your dad will treasure this Sue and I KNOW he will treasure your visit! A very happy birthday to your dad!!!
I hope you had a fabulous time away...and have an awesome visit with your dad. Hand delivering this with a big birthday hug I'm sure will be very appreciated. It is gorgeous!
Oops, forgot to say thanks for joining us at TRR!
What a beautiful card for your dear father. I am sure he'll love it.
SOOOOOOOOOO pretty! I absolutely love love love this card! Gorgeous colors--very masculine!! LOVE the heart and flower:) FUN bow treatment:) HUGS!!!
Such a beautiful card Sue. I love your bow and pretty crimped heart. :)
What a fantastic card for your dad!!!!
Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors!!!
Such a pretty card Sue! Surely your Dad will treasure this! I love the beautiful die cut doily and fancy blue flower embellishment!
Such a nice card! Love that crimped heart...So your birthday is in April? Mine too! Have a safe trip to see your dad, hope he's doing well.
Fab card!! Love the stitching detail!! Hugs Juls xxx
Your Dear, sweet Dad will love this card, but more so having you around to share his special day. I hope you are both able to enjoy the memories of your Mom, I'm sure she'll be right with you in spirit.
Hope your holiday was awesome and drive safely to your next destination.
Hugs, Katie x
Such a lovely card for your Dad ... I just know you will have a lovely time together ... Happy Birthday to your Dad!
Fabulous card for your Father, and I know your Father will be thrilled with your visit and card, have a wonderful day, see you soon..
Sue this is such a lovely card! I know your dad will treasure having you there with him! Hugs!!!!
Beautiful Sue!!!!Your Dad will love his card :-)Have a wonderful time!
Welcome Home Sue! Your dad is so lucky to have you and your family . I know your dad will love getting this gorgeous card hand delivered from you. You're a good daughter! Enjoy your visit! Happy Birthday to your dad, I hope he wont be too blue!
Truly a gorgeous card for your father! Hope you had a wonderful vacation! And, have a great time visiting with your father! Take care, hugs!
Your dad is gonna love this beautiful card, but he's gonna love seeing his beautiful daughter the most!
So pretty Sue Lelli. Love the doily and that sweet little heart.
Hello Sue thanks for stopping by, well I finally figured how to move my post to the top of my page. I'm having a giveaway to my followers,if you want to come over a have a go if not thats okay too. Have a wonderful weekend..
Hope you had fun on your B-Day trip and enjoy your day with your dad!! My neighbor just had the first bday without her husband so, she invited a couple of us from the neighborhood to dinner and we had fun....helped keep her mind off things for a while!!
I bet your dad loved this card. I know I do. Looks fabulous my friend.
Hugs~
Sue, this birthday card for your dad is marvelous! I love all the different shades of blue you used. I hope it did the trick to cheer him up!!
Oh wow Sue, this is so STUNNING - a beautiful card for your Dad. He is sure to love and appreciate this :) xx thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel honey x
Beautiful card Sue! Hope his birthday was a happy one. I'm sure your visit meant the world to him. :) Hugs
Thought SURE I left a comment here (but been a bit 'stressed' lately)! I'm sure your Dad LOVED having you there for his Bday and I hope you two were able to have a few laughs also! KNOW he LOVED his card!!!
Beautiful card, Sue. I'm sure your Dad loved it even with the doily.
I know your dad loved your visit! I can only imagine how wonderful it was to have the company especially on his birthday!
Your card is stunning. I seriously need to figure time and space to learn the sewing machine I have. It's just sitting there. I have no idea even how to thread it...ha! I just need to time period!
Post a Comment