Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MFTGUESTDT0413 - Thinking of You

I have been dying to get my MFT Pretty Poppy stamps inky and here is my chance!  MFT is hosting their LAST Guest Design Team challenge!  I just HAD to play along!  Plus I really love the sketch!

Here's my card:


I decided to make my own patterned paper by stamping the text stamp on the white background.  LOVE the font!


I also LOVE their Electric Red paper and ink!  I die cut the poppies, stamped them with red, and then clear embossed them.  I LOVE how juicy they look!  They are even prettier in person!


I also am in LOVE with the Die-namics Dainty lace border but I didn't like the text peeking through the openings.  I cut a strip of black paper for a background and I think this little detail makes the border stand out even more.
I hope you like my card.  It is going to a special blog friend in the UK who sent me a bunch of crafty goodies just because!
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Lynn said...

I adore the poppies and the deep red. My nana loves poppies...makes me think of her :)!

igła i nitka said...

I like very much these simple colours and this paper with handwritting on it. Thanks to them the card is so ellegant:)

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty Sue, the red and black combo is striking! I've been eyeing the lace border for a long time, might have to go shopping now! Your black strip behind it DOES make it stand out, great idea!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and those flowers!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous! Love this set and your beautifully embossed poppies! The black, red and white color combo is so striking! And that little strip of black does make that sweet border stand out! Fantastic card!! I cannot wait for my light salmon pink poppies to bloom in my garden - they are such an incredible flower!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the added blackk behind the pretty lace border makes it show up better.

Maria said...

Wow!!! Am really lovin' this card, Sue! One of my favorite colors is red! Those red poppies are divine and the text is so sweet! Very pretty lace border, too! Have a great day, hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Oooh! This is so pretty ... Poppies and text ... what could be better!

Dianne said...

Good on you Sue I love the background and those Poppies, the texture is gorgeous, love the die cut ribbon very kool, thanks for sharing this lovely creation, hope you have a fun loving weekend..

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So rich and bold! Love it!!
Good luck with the MFT guest design challenge! I would definitely vote for you!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow! Love this idea! Gorgeous work!

Cheryl said...

Sue, this is beautiful! I LOVE that text bg, and that deep red cs and embossing looks amazing! I want this stamp set now! :)

Marybeth said...

The poppies look gorgeous in this deep red embossing. Love the text in the background! The orange poppy is the CA state flower.

Sue said...

Your card is so pretty. Love those poppies! The color combo is awesome.

Hugs
Sue
Thanks for your visit to my blog and your thoughtful comment.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Sue! I love how you showcased the pretty poppies and your text stamped background looks AMAZING! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Can't go wrong with red/white/black! So dynamic and bold, yet those poppies lend such a dainty feel to this. I like your handstamped text background, Sue!

Happy Easter!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Love your self-made BG paper and your electric red colour -how cool & talk about juicy!
Love how you adapted the design to conceal the text too.
Wishing you and your family a very happy Easter.
Hugs,
Katie x

Shannon White said...

Soo Petty Pretty Sue!! Love your Embossed Poppies and the red black and white color combo looks Fabulous!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

~Tammy~ said...

Wow what a beauty! Fab idea to make the beautiful border pop!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how I love poppies! So pretty! Love the black and white colors... and that white scallop border!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. ;-) So stunning in these colors!