Sunday, March 31, 2013

CCCB #152 Washi Tag and PDCC #175 Color Challenges - Thinking of You!

What do you get when you combine the City Crafter Challenge Blog #152 Challenge 

with the PDCC #175 colors of  lavender, buttercream and vanilla?

You get this tag I created:

I went with the violet theme so I could use my new violet die cut!

I used Tim Holtz dictionary washi tape on the bottom of coaster material and then used a scallop punch for the bottom.  I added more washi tape to the buttercream paper I adhered to the chipboard.  Then I just stamped all over the tag with a couple of different colors and stamps and added that lavender seam binding bow which I am proud of!!!  LOL!

Here is a close-up of my violet that I colored with copics and covered with pixie dust.  I also took the time to cut out the yellow center so i would have one more layer.  It's super shiny in person and the gems add some more glitz.

Here's a close-up of the twine I wrapped around the tag and the washi tape!
I hope you like my tag!
Posted by Picasa

34 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful! I love your glittered die cut Violet. It has a little of that mixed media feel too. :)

Hugs~

Jill Norwood said...

This is so special Sue! I love the violet and its layers! And the mixed media feel to it is lovely! Cool dictionary tape too! Love how you used it!

Shannon White said...

Wowie!! Beautiful Beautiful Tag Sue!! Love the Fabulous mixed media design! And your sparkly violet is so Pretty! Love this Lady! 8-)

Big hugs & Happy Easter Wishes!
Shannon

Lynn said...

Wow! This is jaw dropping gorgeous Sue...that washi tape is incredible and your design is so beautiful!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous, Sue! I love the translucent look with the stamps and washi tape, and that bow is beautiful--you SHOULD be proud of it! :) Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Helen F. said...

Oh Sue, this tag is stunning! Love the die cut sparkly flower and the washi tape is fabulous.
Hope you had a Blessed Easter =:)

Lisa Elton said...

I DO like your tag so...no I take that back...I LOVE your tag!!! The scallops along the bottom are a nice touch and your sparkly bloom...WOWZERS!!! Happy Easter ~ hugs ;)

~Tammy~ said...

You are knocking my socks off with your mixed media work! This tag is striking! Gorgeous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous tag, Sue!!! Fantastic job on both challenges!

Greetings from Paris!!! brrr.....

Ros Crawford said...

Love it!! This is one terrific tag my friend ... the colours and the tape are just lovely! Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous tag Sue! I LOVE that shimmery blossom and your pretty bow! What a fab way to use the tissue tape and the background looks awesome!

Pauline said...

Beautiful seam binding bow and such a pretty vintage tag Sue, love that washi tape, and the glittered flower, just gorgeous! Xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo beautiful! LOVING that flower!!

Maria said...

I absolutely LOVE this tag, Sue!!! Hmmm dictionary washi tape...love that idea! Gorgeous flower and seam binding bow is perfect! Thanks so much for the inspiration...great job! Hope you had a lovely Easter, hugs!

Anonymous said...

Beeeeeautiful!! love the colors and the glitter ! Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!

Marybeth said...

I have been looking at some pretty funny cards today( on the ugly hop)!
This is not one of them! This is gorgeous! Love the fussy cut center and glitter. The washi tape is wonderful! Tags are so much fun to make and this one is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So darn cute. I just love your sweet little tag.. I am so glad you played along with us over at CCCB!

Hugs~

Dianne said...

What a beautiful small piece of ART, love the flower,love all the stamping on the background and the lovely tape then the fabulous bow,wonderful work here Miss Sue. Thanks for sharing this beauty and have a great day..

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Yummy delicious ! Just LOVE the colors! Your glittery violet is just so pretty! I can just imagine how pretty it is IRL!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW, Sue! This is AMAZING! LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the washi tape and that glittered flower!! LOVE that bow too-- you MUST teach me how to make one:)

Happy EASTER!!! <3

Michelle Webb said...

Ooo I love it Sue, it's really beautiful. You should be proud of that bow because it is gorgeous! I really love the colours too. Michelle x

Елена said...

Прекрасная работа!!! Чудесный дизайн!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Sue Lelli. Love the shimmery flower and the lilac shades. The washi tape looks awesome!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so intricate and pretty Sue. There is something different to look at in every inch and that is quite something on a tag size!!

Beverly Montez said...

So beautiful--and my fave color!
XO
b

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Sue. ;-) Your sparkly violet is AMAZING, and I love your little seam binding bow. FABulous job on these challenges. ;-)

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! THANKS so much for sharing your take on the challenge!! Have a Fabulous Week!! =)

igła i nitka said...

Love this tag and its fabulous mix of colours! Greetings:)

Loretta said...

That bow is fabulous!

wienerhoneymooners said...

DAZZLING!!!! Love this fab card! Bring on Spring, and bring on the BLING!

Linda Breedlove said...

Sue, this is gorgeous... so much detail on a little tag! I LOVE the stamping on your background... beautiful!!!

Marge said...

Nope -- don't like your tag, but definitely LOVE it -- WOW!!! Sooo pretty -- LOVE the Washi and flower, but that scrumptious bow is AMAZING!!! I'd be quite proud IF I could fashion one so beautifully?!

Rachel said...

this is so cool! i love the mixed media look with those soft colors. and now i'm thinking maybe i need to get myself some pixie dust! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Juls said...

Wow!!!! Just LOVE it!!!! Hugs Juls xxx