I saw a card by Ros with kitties sitting on a fence (here), and it got stuck in my brain so I decided to use her card as my inspiration for this mixed media canvas. It's nothing like I thought it was going to be - originally I was going to put two kitties on the canvas to represent MY two kitties but it just looked better with one. I freehand drew the kitty and then covered the template with text paper and text washi tape before I mod podged him down. I did the black shading after he was on the canvas.

Here's a close-up of the kitty's head with the LOVE pendant on his collar. You can see the yellow hearts that I made using modeling paste and my MFT heart doily die. I die cut it and used the die for my template. Kinda like how it worked out! The here, kitty, kitty is an ANCIENT rub on I had in my stash. The red dots are from a plastic drain I bought at the dollar store and pounced the paint through the holes.

Here's a close-up of the kitty's head with the LOVE pendant on his collar. You can see the yellow hearts that I made using modeling paste and my MFT heart doily die. I die cut it and used the die for my template. Kinda like how it worked out! The here, kitty, kitty is an ANCIENT rub on I had in my stash. The red dots are from a plastic drain I bought at the dollar store and pounced the paint through the holes.

Here's the bottom half of the canvas with the lace "fence" and the words "I love to discover." I went with the garden theme - butterflies and flowers - and thought about all of the things my kitty could discover if I were to ever let him outside! LOL! He only goes out in the screened in pool area and chases the occasional lizard that gets inside!






29 comments:
OMGoodness! How beautiful!!! The colors are are so bright and cheery! Just love your kitty! I can't believe you freehanded him! I think you have found your new niche!
You did a great job on the canvas. Excellent job drawing the kitty also. TFS
Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! The colors are fabulous and love love love the cat!!!
WOWZERS Sue this is outrageously fabulous! Love your freehand kitty and the way his tail dangles "under" the fence. Your flowers petals look like hearts too, very sweet. Your cats would chase butterflies my Max chases birds LOL! He won't let them in HIS backyard or on HIS fence ~ silly little pup ;)
Its all about having fun and it sure looks like you had fun making this card! Love all the little details that went into this. Wow, and freehand…. very nice! I cant believe your cat does not go outside.
Love how this turned out, Sue - you can tell you love your kitties! I haven't tried these mixed media canvasses yet - maybe you can give me some pointers?!
Sue, this is so very creative! I just love it!
Sue this is amazing! I love the fabulous colours, and the sweet cut out kitty cat. Gorgeous rolled flower, and I love the touches of yellow modelling paste, what a fab work of art!
Sue this is incredible dear!!!!!! I love the hearts you made with the modeling paste and your kitty is fabulous!!! You make me want to try a canvas!!! Love the colors and all the sweet details like the collar and rub-on! Just a fantastic project!!!!!
Oh Wow!! I love your kitty!! What a super piece of art this is ... You are really good at drawing that's a lovely kitty, beautiful colours and The heart collar is just the icing on the cake!
Oh my stars this is fabulous! Wow! Look at this beautiful artwork! Your hand drawn kitty is amazing! Perfection!
I'm so tickled you are doing mixed media Sue. This is fantabulous! I love that you drew the kitty freehand (amazing job) and the background is awesome. Can't wait to see your third canvas! :-) Hugs
Oh, my! You are getting very creative! Love the bright yellow! Great textures and mix of medias.
This is so cool, Sue! I really like all the awesome details you included, and those colors are bright and fabulous!
Wow! This is gorgeous!
I love it and it's too good to call an "attempt"! Your colours are so whimsicle and your drawing/shading is fabulous.
I reckon these will be everyones Xmas gifts this year and they will treasure them :)
Have a lovely weekend.
Katie x
P.S .How comes little kitty can't go outside? I'm intrigued...
This is awesome Sue! You are doing a fabulous job with the mixed media. Good thing you have a kitty to get the lizards! I hated those things when I lived in MS. They would get inside sometimes too. :P
Hugs~
Oh Wow! Sue, this is just brilliant. Such a sweet kitty and I do like his collar. So much texture and colour - it's just gorgeous!
This is awesome! I love the happy colors and the text and the kitty! This is so awesome! :)
Wow, Sue! I love seeing your works of art on canvas! Sweet story behind this creation with your cats playing outside...how sweet! Love the cat with the darling collar! I just might have to try creating a canvas one day! Hope you're having a great weekend, hugs!
OMGoodness Sue!! This is AWESOME!! Love that your kitty cats were part of the inspiration for your Fabulous mixed media project!! Wowie! I just love all the texture and Sweet details!! I LOVE every Fabulous element Lady!! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
Oh what a beautiful canvas Sue! I love the sweet Kitty! The charmed collar adds such a nice touch! Great mix of color and texture! Pure beauty!
this is amazing!!! your canvases are amazing!! love all the colours and details!! Hugs Juls
This is a glorious canvas Sue, I really, REALLY love it so much. I love all your mixed media canvases. I'm addicted to looking around your blog at the moment, so I'm definitely going to become one of your newest followers too. Very inspirational work, I really love it. Michelle x
I'm back I just wanted to let you know that I just love the colours and the happy feel of the canvas with all the flowers and the gorgeous cat. Michelle x
Gorgeous canvas, Sue! I love your freehand kitty and all the wonderful details!
Sue this is STUNNING!!! iI am blown away by your masterpiece and your talent to create somethnig A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Love love love this!
X
WOW! This leaves me speechless! Creative to the MAX!
Post a Comment