Friday, January 25, 2013

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge - Black Background

The PTI Challenge - use a black background.

Here's my card:

I used two stamps from PTI Background Basics Hearts on my black background.  I stamped three sections of tiny hearts with Versamark and clear embossing powder.
I stamped one row of text in Versamark with white embossing powder.
A row of aqua felt PTI hearts, a PTI doily die, a crocheted flower topped with a PTI rose felt flower,  OOOH and some pearls and twine and there you have it!
Here's a close up of my focal point which pops off the page with the black background!

Will I use a black background ever again - no, not my style, but it was FUN trying!
Hope you like it!
Posted by Picasa

49 comments:

Songbirdcards.blogspot.com said...

This is so pretty! I love the blue with the black and your flower/doily combo is very pretty!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue! What a fabulous colour scheme, I love the aqua crochet doily, and little rose, stunning!

Emily Keaton said...

One hundred percent gorgeous, Sue! Lovely lovely creation.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous I tell ya!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love the white embossing and beautiful layered flower! Way to rock the black background!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty card! I love all the texture you added-- especially that gorgeous crocheted flower!

Lynn said...

I love the aqua with the hot pink...gorgeous.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Sue Lelli. Love the aqua with the black. The doily is gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Sue, love the embossed background.

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I wish I could touch it. That felt rose and crocheted flower add so much texture and warmth.

Karen said...

The mint and black are great together. I would have never thought to use them; great card!

victoria h said...

Beautiful card, liking the aqua with the black.

Cassandra said...

I think you should use a black background again, you are a natural with it. It really makes all your lovely embellishments pop.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I just love that soft green stands out against the background, wonderful work!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

This is beautiful Sue! Love the embossed tiny hearts in clear with the white text! And the perfect focal to top it off! Love the crochet element! My fav!!! :)Jill

Lynn Put said...

Who would have thought that a card made with a black card base could look so delicate and pretty! Love the lace doily with crochet flower and rose!

Annheidel said...

Pretty card!

Marcie Rhys said...

It's so cool that there is only one stamp on the card, and the rest is just embellishments. (Just put on the glasses. When will I ever learn that my sight isn't what it used to be?). I love the little black clear embossed hearts! Did you make the crocheted flower and felt rose yourself? I think you might be a dabbler...like me. These make for a romantic card.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the comment. I thought I was being so clever to have the first of the phrase on the inside of the card. It's possible you were the only one that got it. (So much for thinking outside the box. I sort wandered a bit too far from my box!)

Enjoy your time hopping.

Deborah Frings said...

I love the embossed hearts and that fabulous crocheted flower! A beautiful card!

A Crafty Person said...

Sue, your card is beautiful. Did you make the crocheted flower too?

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is really beautiful! I love the soft, sweet colors and all the texture of the different materials. Really lovely!

Ted said...

What's not to like? I love the large focal embellishment and how it ties in so nicely with the heart border! :)

Pamela said...

The crochet flower and PTI felt flower is super cute!

Dana said...

Gorgeous card!! Lovely cards!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Just looking at this card you'd never know it wasn't your style. It looks fabulous!! That crocheted flower give such great texture. Hmmm, I should make some myself : )

Anonymous said...

Modern romantique! Tres bien! Your card is lovely. It's soft but not subtle. A perfect mixture of what might be considered to opposites. Beautifully done!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful, Sue! Ilove the embossed heart background! Pretty crochet flower too!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Sue, you rocked the black background! Love the embossing! And the pretty crochet flower embellie is beautiful !

Suzanne said...

Sue, I love the hearts under the text stamping and that lil doily on the side! This is so pretty!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous! I love the layers of doily and flowers! Gorgeous colors against the black too!

Marlena M. said...

STUNNING work Sue~I love that crocheted flower and clear embossed background. These are all lovely touches~

Linda Suarez said...

Very pretty Sue! I like the black and white and aqua mist with the pop of pink. Like you, I'm not sure I will use black backgrounds much, but it was fun trying it. But you did a fabulous job!

Renee said...

Beautiful!!
The embossed background...
love!!
And that doily with the crochet and felt...
the perfect finishing touch! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Your aqua on black with the pops of pink is lovely Sue! Great texture with the felt, twine and crocheted flower ;)

Marybeth said...

Love the colors on this one Sue. The embossed hearts are so pretty , love the felt and crochet flower. I like the black backgrounds. Well, I used dk gray

mplsbetty said...

This is so pretty. I just love the colors you chose.

Jacquie Southas said...

from the embossed hearts to the felt rose this is just fabulous!

tonyamaries said...

Everything about this is beautiful!

Beverly Montez said...

And did you crochet the aqua?
Fabulous card

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so pretty ... I love that mint green with the black ... beautifully done my friend

Maria said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Very striking with the black background, white, and mint colors!
Beautiful doily, flower, and hearts! You did a fab job on this challenge, Sue...great job!

~Tammy~ said...

I must know where you got that crochet flower! My house is accented in aqua or aqua marine .... I am totally obsessed as I miss my ocean! So that is how I bring it in to bring me closer! :-) However if I had one, I would hoard it and never use it I am sure! :-)

Your card is stunning! The white and aqua really pop off the black. Love the rolled felt flower! Sorry I am such a bad friend. It's a bit hectic on this end with the short stack and now Matt is sick. Calgone take me away!!!! Do they even make that stuff anymore...????.....there's your laugh for the day!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful! I love the crochet flower with the felt rolled rose in the middle. :)

Hugs~

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

That is stunning! You should so use it again (the colour combo), the pastel shades mixed with the black looks gorgeous.
The flower is so pretty, did you crochet it?
Katie x

Stella said...

Breathtaking in black and the contrast with the felt heart border is so lovely to look at. And the prettieist pink felt flower!
XX

Marge said...

WHAT?!!! You should TOTALLY use a black BG again -- I LOVE this card!!!
It's exquisite!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the black background challenge was a tough one. But you pulled it off brilliantly here! Fantastic choice of colors and elements. Very nice. ;-)

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty.
Love the blue accent color.
Awesome layout.
Those embossed dots with the white script looks stunning.

Juls said...

simply stunning!! Fabulous colour combo! Hugs Juls