Sunday, January 6, 2013

MFTGUESTDT0113 - Be Mine Forever


One of my wishes for 2013 is to play in more challenges and what better challenge to start with than the My Favorite Things sketch below:
The winner will receive $200 in MFT product and become the Guest Designer for the next MFT release!  As AMAZING as that is, what was also amazing was playing with all of the new goodies I ordered from the last MFT release.  I really enjoyed making this card:

The MFT stamp set I used for that FAB sentiment is from the MFT Lovey Dovey set.  I centered it on the Pink Paislee London Market patterned paper I die cut with the MFT Die-namics Postage Stamp Stax.  I also used the MFT Mini Royal rose die and the MFT felt in Whip Cream.  I must say I am in LOVE with their felt!  Not only are the colors GORGEOUS but you receive 5~8 x 10 sheets for $4.95! A true bargain in the crafting world!  I also used MFT paper in natural for the card base.

Here is a close up of my focal point:

One rose was rolled with  the PP patterned paper and the other was rolled with the felt.  I also added a punched out heart from the same paper collection with a butterfly and musical notes. I ran the heart through my crimper for more texture and distressed the edges.

There you have it.  I hope you like it!  I think I will be using this sketch for other cards in my future!
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So romantic and feminie Sue, just gorgeous! Love the pretty floral papers you've used and your sweet blooms!

Heather Rogers said...

Oh so pretty Sue! Love that PP paper and sweet little rolled roses. Good luck! :)

Hugs~

Juls said...

beautiful!! Love the soft vintage look! Hugs Juls

Emily Keaton said...

Wow! This card is just gorgeous, Sue. I think you did a super job, and it looks like you had fun. :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh Sue, this card is STUNNING! I love your mix of stamps and patterned paper ;) Great take on the sketch! So happy you joined along with MFT :)

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love the papers and the rolled roses.

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue, I love those layered pretty papers, and the fab sentiment!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my that was a big ol Thud! This is gorgeous and Romantic! Just what I needed this morning as I am trying to get some energy as I try to get myself up and ready so I can get the little man ready for school! Thanks for starting my day with a smile! Here's to you having more free time to "play"! This is gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Wow, Sue, this is stunning! A heart kind of lends itself to having a butterfly on it, but I've never thought of that before. I'll bet I end up doing that before Valentine's day is over. ;) I just love the MFT dies and felt, too. Thank you for all the sweet comments you've been leaving on my blog. I've been bad about not responding in kind, but I plan to do much better! Happy New Year to you, too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Sue Lelli. Love the soft colors and gorgeous papers. The paper and felt flowers look awesome. The stitching looks great.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous card Sue ... your rolled-roses are just perfect for that pretty DP!!!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Happy New Year Sue! I hope it's a crafty filled one, as crafty as you hope!

I don't know how you do it but every card you make is so utterly pretty and gets me drooling every time! I adore this card, the pastel shades, the dainty flowers, the stitching...well everything! You are a true designer and need a regular spot in CARDS mag for sure
!

Have a great day and may all your dreams come true in 2013.

Katie xx

Unknown said...

Love the sketch and your interpretation Sue. I'm a big fan of this paper collection and you've used it well here, your card is absolutely beautiful! Hugs

Kristin said...

Oh be still my shabby heart! I love this card, the colors and the softness are so wonderful and your embellies are simple and effective. Beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Barb Turpin said...

Oh so pretty! What romantic papers you chose, and those signature flowers...lovely, Sue!

Beverly Montez said...

This is so beautiful!

Stacey Pembroke said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Sue! Love the vintage look and your flowers are incredible!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sheer perfection! I am hoarding my papers like this. I will just enjoy them here!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! This card makes my heart flutter! I love every single thing about it! Swoon worthy my dear!!!
Sorry I am such a horrible commenter of late...Tim is struggling a wee bit and my focus has been on him of late...
Hugs my friend,
Jill