Saturday, November 10, 2012

CR84FN67 - Sending Hugs

I'm back from two weeks with my DH and all I can say is - It Was FABULOUS!
Just in time to introduce all of our new Wonderful members of the CR84FN Design Team and to play with these brand new Gorgeous colors!  LOVE them!
I made a sympathy card for a Dear Sweet Friend.  Words are never enough but a card can let her know so much more ~

I stamped the With Sympathy 3 times to get a gradient look.  The sentiment sending hugs is so perfect for her because that's what she always sends to me. 

I gathered some crocheted lace around that lush purple flower just because I liked the way it looked!

Isn't that lace peeking out Yummy?! 

Here's the inside with more butterflies to mimic the gold ones on the outside and the PTI sentiment I just LOVE for sympathy cards.  It just says it all.  Love you My Friend.

Now go visit all of our CR84FN team - new and old! - and see what they have designed for you!
A Warm Welcome to our newbies Joanne Basile, Helen Berry, Lisa Henke, Jody Morrow, Mackie Robertson, Vickie Zimmer and then there's us old timers (in blog time only!) Deborah Frings, Heather Jensen,Pauline Pollington, Sue Lelli (me!), Andrea Mathews, Shannon White, and our Fearless Leader Mona Pendleton!

  Then add your pretty creation to our CR84FN67 gallery!
Posted by Picasa

32 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty Sympathy card Sue! Surely will bring comfort to your friend! Love the sweet golden butterflies fluttering about and the Plum blossom! Thank you for continuing on with the CR84FN DT :)

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful Sue, I love the damask paper and the stamped gold sentiment, teamed with the beautiful plum bloom, this will be cherished.

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous! rich! Regal! A beautiful sympathy card that will touch someone deeply with your thoughtfulness! Love that beautiful bloom and gorgeous crochet trim!

Lisa H. said...

soooo elegant and lovely. the crocheted ribbon behind the flower is a beautiful touch. Thanks for the warm welcome, I am so excited to be here.

Helen Berry said...

Just divine Sue - I'm in love with that flower surrounded by lace - so very elegant! The papers are wonderful and I LOVE the way you stamped the label - absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for your warm welcome to the team, so delighted to be in the team with you all x x

Andrea M said...

Hi Sue! This card is so warm and loving, your friend is going to feel so special! What a gorgeous design and I LOVE the flower and the crochet! Just GORGEOUS!

Deborah Frings said...

Your friend will really love this card - it is so beautiful, so elegant. Love the tiny gold butterflies and the way you've echoed them inside the card too. The lace trim is fab.

Sounds like you had a great break too!

Jody Morrow said...

Very pretty, vintage feel.

Ros Crawford said...

This is so lovely ... perfect for these colours ... Glad you had a terrific time ... welcome back!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card Sue and I love how you did the sentiment. What a gorgeous purple flower!
Glad you had a wonderful time with your DH!! Have a great week.
Hugs,
Lisa

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Yes! That lace is VERY yummy, as is the whole card!! I also love the lace around the flower! I am sure your friend will be very touched by this beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Sue. Really, really pretty. I'm sure it will be appreciated by it's recipient. Glad you made it home safe and sound - hope you have a marvelous time!

Lynn said...

I love that you stamped the inside of the card too Sue! I'm so it will be very appreciated by your friend.

Barb Turpin said...

Hi Sue, love what you did with these gorgeously rich colors...sweet and heartfelt.

Vickie Z said...

Hugs to you!! Your friend will love it!! Love the crochet and flower...looks fabulous! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Lisa Elton said...

Your lovely card will speak volumes to het Sue! Love your pretty plum bloom!

Joanna M said...

Beautiful card Sue!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I'm so pleased you had a fantastic break, you so deserved it.
Your card is as stunning as ever and a breath of fresh air too, love that purple.
Enjoy the week ahead, hope there isn't too much washing to do!
Katie xx

Jill Norwood said...

Oh Sue this is so beautiful and thoughtful!
Love the flower, the colors and the loving sentiment!

So happy you enjoyed your trip!! Looking forward to lots of fun cards at cr84fn this year!!

Hugs!!!
Jill

Stella said...

This card is screaming elegance; my oh my Sue you sure know how to make a perfect and elegant card. Love the baroque/damask pattern and that flower; stunning! The inside is gorgeous too.Love this!

Emily Keaton said...

So stunning, Sue! You rocked that color combo and included some beautiful lacy layers!! This sympathy card is sure to comfort.

Marybeth said...

Love the lace and crochet flower on this beautiful sympathy card , Sue! Nice way to send a hug.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOO pretty! LOVE that beautiful crocheted lace and that flower!! LOVE the gold butterflies too! You nailed this color story:)

ps....I'll be in your area next Monday!!! Email me and let's chat:) <3

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely beautiful Sue! I love the lace trim and flower. I am sure your friend appreciated you thinking of her. :)

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

this card is AWESOME! I love how you used those colors. And the deep purple bloom and pretty accents are perfect.

Lee-Anne said...

Sue, this card is sure to bring comfort to your dear friend! Love the doily behind the sentiment panel and that flower is beautiful...especially with the crocheted lace around it!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful card, Sue! LOVE that damask background and bit of lace behind your blossom! So pretty!

Shannon White said...

Oh Sue! your Card is just Gorgeous!! Even more so IRL.. I Love every Wonderful detail and you can feel all the love and hugs you poured into it! Thank you so much for your kind words, understanding and support my Sweet Friend!

Sending Big hugs and much Love back to you Lady!

{{{HUGS}}}
Shannon

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Sue! The lace around that flower is stunning.

Beverly Montez said...

This is just so beautiful. The colors, embellishments, everything--gorgeoua!
Missed you at Stamp Club yesterday.
hugs,
Beverly

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Sue, this is gorgeous! I love every little detail. A card to be treasured, that's for sure.

Marge said...

A very beautiful sympathy card, Sue -- you've achieved the perfect balance of elegance and warmth that these difficult cards require. I'm sure your friend was very comforted and grateful!!!