Saturday, October 20, 2012

CR84FN65 - Week 2 - Sew Thankful

It's Week 2 with these GORGEOUS GORGEOUS colors at CR84FN65 and
I am using some UK goodies from my Dear Blog Friend, Pauline Pollington! 
Thanks for the sweet surprise and my Happy Mail!
Here's the graphic:

Here's my card:


I wanted to use this PRETTY paper with the dress form and sewing machine but don't have any sewing themed stamps so I printed "Sew Thankful" onto some vellum and made my own FAB sentiment!

Some tiny pink buttons and pinking done with scissors from my Grandmother,

Some ribbon and lace and a huge pink bloom from Pauline and there you have it! 
I hope you like it!
Check out what the other DT members have made for you and come Create For Fun!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Sue! I love the gorgeous paper, and the elegant sentiment you printed onto the vellum strip, so pretty with those little pops of buttons! I love the big bloom you used and the lace, they are some of my favourite things! So glad you liked them! A gorgeous card!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful card! The DP is so pretty and so is your rose.

Helen Berry said...

Oooo, lovely mail!! What a gorgeous card Sue - I LOVE the printed sentiment on that beautiful vellum and the pretty pink DP - and what about that stunning pink bloom!! Love that you used those pinking scissors from your Grandmother. Beautiful ;)

Lynn said...

Beautiful...I love the paper and the sweet little vellum border.

Deborah Frings said...

Sew gorgeous!!! Sorry, couldn't resist. I do like the button details on the vellum, and the really pretty paper! Lovely lace too!

~Tammy~ said...

This is dripping with gorgeousness! You always use vellum so beautifully! Those colors are beautiful too!

Vickie Z said...

Love your homemade sentiment and all those little buttons!! Lovely papers and lovely card!!!

Maria said...

Wow! Fab sentinment indeed! So soft and pretty is this gorgeous card! Love the sewing theme and tiny buttons! The paper and flower are wonderful accents! Hope you are having a great weekend, hugs!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Sue! Love all the gorgeous details and the flower is gorgeous! Hugs!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a great idea to print a sentiment on the vellum! It is so soft and pretty with those little dainty buttons! I know you made Pauline proud with how you used that beautiful bloom!

Unknown said...

I love the way you used the fab MME dp to your advantage Sue. Gorgeous paper, embellies and card! That was sew sweet ;) of Pauline to send some crafty goodies your way.
Thanks for leaving me such words of encouragement earlier today. I hope you have a wonderful week Sue!
Hugs,
Lisa

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love your card...totally beautiful.

Sending blog hugs from Japan!

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty Kim ~ love your sweet vellum strip with the tiny buttons!!z

Lisa Elton said...

Oh good grief!!! Sorry about that SUE...my sweet boggy friend! I had just answered an email from a Kim, guess I still had her on my mind LOL!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Sew lovely!!! I adore those papers and the rose is stunning ... gorgeous take on the challenge colours

Marybeth said...

This is sew beautiful Sue! Love the way you used the tiny pink buttons on the vellum. Gorgeous flower as well.

Shannon White said...

Wow! this is soo Pretty Pretty Sue!! Love the Beautiful dp's you chose and the vellum border at the top with the sweet little buttons is just Fabulous! Love the Pretty Rose too! Just Wonderful lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love the fancy blossom and pretty patterned paper! Your stitched on buttons add such wonderful detail!

Juls said...

that is lush gorgeous and elegant!! I do love sewing themed images!! Hugs Juls

Monika/Buzsy said...

GORGEOUS! Love the dressform and the delicate flower. Aslo like the vellum border and cute buttons.

Emily Keaton said...

So beautiful and feminine, Sue! I love that dress form and that huge paper bloom makes a wonderful focal point! It was wonderful seeing that you'd stopped by my blog today. That always makes me happy!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love a sentimental card, this card is just a little beauty and one of those I couldn't bare to part from. I have to say I'm always blown away by the detail on your cards, what an amazing "Therapy" indeed.
Hugs, Katie x

Shirley said...

Came looking for inspiration and found it!! This is just so feminine and lovely!

Jill Norwood said...

Lovely my dear!!! So sweet and soft!

Colleen Dietrich said...

"Sew" pretty, Sue!

Marge said...

WOW -- I AM really behind on commenting here -- YIKES! This is just sooo GORGEOUS, Sue, and you are so clever to do that perfect sentiment on vellum! I LOVE vellum, but after doing 75+ wedding invitations that may change -- LOL!