Saturday, September 15, 2012

CR84FN63 Hello Friend!

Hello Everyone!  This week at CR84FN63 we are playing with the colors Denim, Tan, and Brown.  There's also a Design Team call so go to the CR84FN site to read all about it!
I LOVED creating with this week's colors!  Part of my inspiration came from the diamond pattern in the dress.  Here's a close up of the pattern:

And here's my entire card. That sweet image is from Melissa Francis paper.  I cut it out with a heart punch and cut pieces of flowers to make a bouquet in here basket, adding crystal effects for flower centers.  I also added the doily which I ran through my crimper for dimension.

I cut out the brown frame background from some SU paper I had.  Some belvet brown scalloped ribbon, some silk ribbon, some twine, and a little stitching tied it all together!  LOL!

This card is on it's way to my friends who just bought a house on the beach on St. George Island, FL.  I bought them the pillow below and in thecard told them I couldn't wait to come stay at their house!

Now check out what the other DT members listed in my sidebar have made to inspire you!  Hope to see you in our gallery! 
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Sue, this is SO elegant. My goodness I love that main image - so,so cute! There are so many beautiful elements to this card - love the diamond pattern especially and what a brilliant idea to run the doily die cut through the crimper! and i just noticed those sweet little flowers in her basket - you are clever!! Just gorgeous x

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful Sue! I love the papers, and the fun diamond design, and what a sweet little image too. Gorgeous card for your lucky friends!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Sue this is such a lovely card ... I love the diamond shapes and the pretty MF heart brings a real softness to those colours ... Beautiful!!

Lynn said...

Sue, your friends will absolutely love the card and the pillow simply makes me smile! The card is all around gorgeous!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the way you've used the dress pattern as the inspiration for your card -it's so beautiful, with a lovely vintage feel. The textured doily is fab. I think your friend will adore this and the pillow - just perfect!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Beautiful vintage feel to your card and I love the transformation of the papers!!! I recognize them in my own collection;) Fabulous attention to all the details and the pillow and gentle nudge ... absolutely terrific idea!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the diamond inspiration in your card! The crimped doily is fabulous! Just love ALL of the details, which are so many! Just beautiful!
And that pillow is hilarious ! Love it!

Maria said...

Wow, Sue! So much interest and detail on your gorgeous card! Love the darling image with sweet flowers! Love that you crimped the doily for dimension...great idea! Fab diamonds and ribbon treatment, too! Take care, hugs!!:-)) Oh, love the pillow for your friend...too CUTE!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So beautiful, Sue! And that pillow's saying is sooooo true!

Thanks for coming by to say hi today. You've been in my thoughts, my friend. :) Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty vintage Sue Lelli. Love the beautiful images and embellishments. The colors look great together.

Lisa Elton said...

Love this sweet dreamy vintage creation Sue! And hey...can I be your plus one when you visit the beach house LOL!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love the vintage vibe and the sweet heart sentiment! The fancy frame looks stunning!

Shannon White said...

Soo Beautiful Sue!! Lov the Wonderful vintage image and Love how you added the 3d flowers to her basket! So Cute and clever! 8-) Love your Wonderful dp's and the Sweet flowers and peals at the bottom! Just Wonderful Lady! 8-)

Hug
Shannon

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Super beautiful card, Sue. I love all those pretty layers and details!
The sentiment on the pillow is too funny. love it!

Barb Turpin said...

I love this little image and as usual your details are amazing! The pillow is so cute...we're going to the Oregon coast next week, hope I get a chance to play along with this one...hope you're doing well.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a pretty card, those colours are so beautiful and I just adore your crimped heart.
Fantastic pillow by the way, what a great idea and oh so true I'm sure!
Katie x

Heather Rogers said...

Love your stamped border and sweet vintage image.

Such a cute pillow for your friend. :)

Hugs~

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Sue and you have so many design elements that I love. This is beautiful and a wonderful interpretation of the challenge colors. Hugs

Marge said...

What a CLEVER idea to run your doily through the crimper! LOVE the diamond accented border and the whole vintage feel your card has!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Beverly Montez said...

Pretty pretty pretty!!
Speaking of visiting. . . Karen is talking about a road trip to Florida!!!

igła i nitka said...

Really beautiful card with vintage style. I like very much the color combination. And this pillow - what a funny sentence:)

Stef H said...

beautiful card. love the pillow!

hugs :)

Stacy Morgan said...

What a beautiful vintage feeling card. The diamond design with the flowers is a clever design.

Vickie Z said...

Love the image cut into a heart and the diamond pattern is fabulous! Your pillow made me chuckle!!! Hope you're doing okay!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Oh this is just stunning! Love the heart image and the crimping on the doily and those beautiful diamonds! So inspiring and the pillow made me smile! :)

Shirley said...

Your sense of humor gift is perfect and so is the card. I really like the warm vintage feel to it!