It's week 1 with these new colors at CR84FN64 and this quote speaks to me! I had such a difficult time with these colors so I had to break out of my color security zone and create with a new for me color palette!

I made what I think actually turned out pretty, a belated card for my blog friend Ruby McGuire!
I hope she will forgive my tardiness if I send her some Happy Mail!

I cut around the chevron stripes in the patterned paper to make my border edges. I added some scallops, some doilies, and a FAB clay heart!

I made what I think actually turned out pretty, a belated card for my blog friend Ruby McGuire!
I hope she will forgive my tardiness if I send her some Happy Mail!

I cut around the chevron stripes in the patterned paper to make my border edges. I added some scallops, some doilies, and a FAB clay heart!

The flower is Prima and I ripped off the button that was on it to add the heart. It looks much better now!! LOL! I also popped some large white ric rac and blue twine across the card to tie it all together - get it?!?! Tie it all together??!!!
That's my card! I hope you like it!






28 comments:
This is just beautiful Sue! Ruby will love this gorgeous card, with the fun bright colours and fabulous design! I love the clay heart on the tulle flower so pretty!
So pretty Sue! Love the fabric blossom and awesome mix of Pink Paislee patterned papers ;) Surely your friend will treasure this!
Just fabulous!! I really like the papers, I've been trying to read the words on the blue! Love the little clay heart. You would never know that this out of your colour security zone! Super card!
Ruby will sigh when she receives this! I adore that shabby heart! Gorgeous as always! the twine over the white ric rac is a nice touch!
I'm sure she will forgive you when she sees this! It's so pretty and i love the flower with that sweet heart ... have a lovely day
Sue, I LOVE how you tied it all together -- what a lovely color palette, gorgeous papers and that clay heart is simply divine! Must try my hand @ a little mixed media one day?! Speaking of 'tying things together', I think this is the day that may happen for our family -- we'll see?!!!
Sue, when Ruby opens this her heart will melt and all will be forgiven. ;) This is so pretty and I love how you used the She Art papers. WOW! This color combo totally suits you and I adore the doilies and resin heart. Love, love, love this card! :) Hope you have a wonderful Sunday afternoon relaxing. Hugs
This looks simply gorgeous Sue. Such natural colours brought together in such an elegant way. The stitching and ric rac together with the doilies is soo pretty. Ruby will adore it.
Hope you had a great weekend.
Katie x
Sue! It looks like you have been working with these colors before because your card is fabulous! I love how you added the little clay heart to the tulle flower. Did you make the heart? The trimmed chevron paper and scallops are a great detail, too! Very pretty!
Beautifuul,,,I love the pieced doilies and the cool rick rack!!
How bright, cheerful, and so darn pretty too! She will love for sure. A real keeper, Sue!!
No sign of a struggle here Sue, your card for Ruby turned out beautifully! Love the pretty Prima flower with the addition of the little heart!
A very pretty birthday card for Ruby! I'm sure she'll love it! Love the doilies and beautiful yellow flower with clay heart! Fab cheverons and rick rack, too! Take care, hugs!
this is fantastic! I looove the doilies and the text print in the background. LOVE your balance of the colors. well done and sooo pretty!
I cant't stop looking at this card! This is so beautiful - vivid and energetic colours make it so cheerful and nice.
What a fun creation this is Sue! Lovely, bright and happy, delightful!!!!!
Oh this is Soo Pretty and Cheery and Sweet all at the same time Sue!! I know your friend is going to Love this be-lated or not, lol It's definitely "Happy " mail! Love the Fabulous mix of dps' and the Pretty doilies! And your clay heart flower center is the Sweetest touch! LOVE this my friend!
Hugs
Shannon
Sue! This is such a beautiful and bright card! I love ALL your details! Hugs, Joanna
Wow! Sue, this card rocks!!! I love that pretty flower with the heart embellie, and the ric rac is perfect (I never know what to do with ric rac!). Beautiful paper--who makes it? DP with text is one of my favs.
Such a bright, cheery, pretty card.
So pretty Sue. I love your altered blossom and pretty papers. I am sure Ruby will love it. :)
Hugs~
Love those doilies and yes, these aren't colors I would normally put together but, they are beautiful! Love the fabric flower with heart!
OHHH! I love that heart--beautiful against that yellow flower!!! LOVE your use of these colors! FAB!
ps..I'm feeling better (went to the doc and got some medicine!). I also heard from my foot doctor--he said it was completely caused by inherited genes (bad genes from my dad)....so I can def. wear heels (just not as long as I used to!!!). HOOOOOOORAY:) <3 <3 <3 Please tell your dad HI!!! And give him a hug:)
I think you did a great job with this color combination. I love the papers and all of the embellishments on this one. I especially love the tulle embellishment with the sweet heart. Gorgeous card.
Beautiful! The doilies and the tulle flower look great together!
Another lovely card Sue Lelli. The colors show so nicely. Great textures with the doily, the rixk-rack ribbon, the clay heart... so neat!
Oh this is so sweet!!
Love that flower with the yellow tulle! Such a fun and sweet card!
:)
What a happy Happy birthday card for our pal, Ruby! I know she'll love it. This is so fun and fresh, just like her.
Post a Comment