Saturday, August 4, 2012

CR84FN60 - Sorry For Your Loss

Welcome to CR84FN60 Week 1 with these bold colors of grape, blue, and green!  At first glance you will probably wonder how in the world to create something with this combination however I must confess I had a blast and LOVED the card I made this week!  It's for a very DEAR friend of mine whose MIL passed away.
Here's my card:

It was so much fun to combine these bold patterned papers and use a HA white embossed doily stamp to frame these GORGEOUS hand made flowers and the butterfly charm.

Here's a close up of the flowers-purchased at the Scrapbook Expo in Orlando. 

And here is a close up of the butterfly charm I used.  I love butterflies on sympathy cards - maybe it signifies the passing to another better life to me???  Also the bits of green lace accentuated the green veins in the flowers and pulled it all together!
Well that's my card for this week.  I hope you like it!  Let me know and also go visit the other FAB CR84FN DT members listed in my sidebar and leave them some love.

On a personal note, we are on leg two of our three legged move.  Our condo in the Destin, FL area also sold and we had to be out on August 3rd.  So now we have driven to Anna Maria Island off of Bradenton, FL, where we are renting an apartment for a month.  All of our belongings, besides what we brought with us, will remain in storage in Texas until our house is done - hopefully by August 31st!  I'll keep yall posted!
Posted by Picasa

28 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Woohoo! this is funtastic!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Sue, a beautiful sympathy card for your friend! I love the big blooms, and the mix of pretty papers, just gorgeous!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! you really rocked those colours ... fabulous card and what lovely flowers ... just perfect with those green centres ... Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Lin said...

Yes, those colors scare me, but you have brought them together beautifully, Sue! Glad to hear that things are moving along with your move!

Unknown said...

The colors scare me too but you've done an amazing job using them on this card Sue. The flowers are so pretty and I'm feeling inspired now. TFS!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love the Damask border and that fancy shaped doily is STUNNING! Sorry to hear about your friend's loss surely this card will bring them Peace :) The butterfly embellishment adds a sweet touch! Thanks for picking such a wild color combo! ;)

~Tammy~ said...

I am sorry about the passing of your friend's MIL. Such a tough time!

I have to confess that I am love with those gorgeous flowers and you knew I would be! Your charm is the perfect touch!

I either have that HA doily stamps somewhere or have thought about getting it. Isn't that sad, when we forget what we have. I have a tub that is just HA, and now I must go dig and see if that is in there. I also stare at stamps over and over and visit after visit to stores and contemplate purchasing and then don't because I don't remember if I have it. Terrible and shame on me. I need more crafty time in my life! Ha!

Wow, you have been on my mind, and I had wondered if you were going to have to budge out of the condo. At least it has sold and you have found something in the short term to work. At least you have that off your back.

Unknown said...

What a lovely sympathy card. I especially love those flowers, and I agree, butterflies represent the transition to a better life for me too. Miss you.

Lisa Elton said...

Sue this just oozes prettiness. Wow girl you went all out on this one. I think I saw those pretty blooms on our bike ride this morning ;)

Glad to hear thing are moving along well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ~HUGS

Anonymous said...

Sue this is so beautiful! I love all your beautiful details. And the butterfly is such a beautiful touch. Hope you are doing well! And praying that the month goes quickly for you and you will be moving in soon! Hugs! J

Shannon White said...

Wow Sue this is So BEAUTIFUL! So Lovely and Elegant all at the same time. Love the Wonderful embossed doily and the Gorgeous Blossoms too! So sorry to hear of your friends loss, I know this is sure to bring her an her family comfort.

Big Hugs to you my friend!
Shannon

Marge said...

Sue, I LOVE that HA doily stamp, those beautiful blooms, sweet butterfly charm and your green lace and damask border that add up to a GORGEOUS card I know your friend will really appreciate!
Imagine the days are rushing by with all the preparations to move into your awesome new home!!!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful card for your friend...she is sure to love it.

I hope you are able to get settled soon. good luck with the rest of your move. :)

Hugs~

Stella said...

WOW Sue this is gorgeous. It will bring your friend comfort and warm her heart. And put a smille on her face. I love the combo of patterns!
X

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Such a beautiful card for a sad event~ Love your use of the colors and those gorgeous blooms with green centers!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful flowers! They are perfect for this card! I love the patterns and the doiley and the little butterfly charm! So pretty!!!

Maria said...

Those fabulous flowers really make a statement...so pretty! Love the colors and lovely green trim at the bottom! Hope all is going well with your house! I'll pray for the time to pass quickly for ya. Take care, hugs!

search engine optimization canada said...

Matt however remarked that speed was only a minor parameter and their main parameter still remained as quality content. Therefore, the speed of your website and that of the site you are seeking SEO link building from needs to be fast loading.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Wow, Sue you sure have a lot going on just now. Fingers crossed you'll be in your new house asap.
Onto your card, it truely is lovely and those flowers are just perfect. I have to admit I use butterflies for these cards too, what a coincidence. So sorry for your friends loss.
Katie xx

Beverly Montez said...

Gorgeous and I am sure Gail appreciated it
Love the color combo and that roily is awesome
Missing you

Jill Norwood said...

Sue I just love this card! Love those gorgeous flowers and the lovely doily stamp in the background! Just beautiful!

Hope that all goes well with your new house and that the rest of the moving is as painless as possible -it is soooo much work!!!

Blessings,
Jill

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Sue Lelli. That embossed doily is lovely. Love the pretty flowers. Such neat texture on them... the charm is darling!

Deb Hickman said...

Such an elegant card, perfect for a sympathy card. I hope everything goes smoothly with the move, I love Florida !!!! I hope someday we will go back to visit. Deb xxx

igła i nitka said...

This is such a fabulous card! I just love these flowers which seems to be natural:) And this small butterfly is charming!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, love those flowers.

Rosemary said...

beautiful sympathy card!

Carol L said...

Those flowers really are gorgeous, and I love the doily behind them! Just beautiful!

Davi said...

A beautiful card Sue! I love the way you made the bold colors have a soft and peaceful appearance. Beautiful had made flowers. Im sure that your friend found comfort in your expression of love :)