Saturday, April 14, 2012

CR84FN52 - Happy Birthday, Mia!


Welcome to CR84FN52 with one of my FAV color combos!  I had so much FUN creating my card!  I was inspired by the stripes in the tent for the background and then I just kept playing until I felt like it was done!  I hope you like it!

My medallion was made with a Hero Arts stamp and white embossing.  The pretty flower is a new Prima flower I bought on sale at Archivers.  Happy Dance!  I also decided to try wrapping twine around the knot in my bow and dangling two tiny tags at the ends.  I kinda like how this turned out!

This card was made for my son's girlfriend who likes to receive my cards and displays them around her apartment!  Gotta LOVE her!
Please go see what the other Design Team member have made for your inspiration and leave them some comments!  And then make something YUMMY and play along with us at CR84FN!
Posted by Picasa

34 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Sweet card! Love how the flower almost repeats the pattern of the doily. Yummy mix of textures and designs.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Sue! What an elegant card! That white embossed doily looks so delicate and love how you wrapped the twine to attach the sweet tags!

Pauline said...

How beautiful Sue! That medallion stamp is gorgeous, love that pretty patterned paper, and the pink gingham is beautiful! Your sons girlfriend will surely display this with your other treasures in her apartment too!
Happy birthday for next week! Xx

Cassandra said...

I love how it turned out as well. I really like the DSP you have used for the scallop at the side. It is so wonderful when people appreciate the creativity and time we all put into our cards.

Ros said...

Sue this card is stunning ... I absolutely love it!

Deborah Frings said...

The huge embossed medallion is like lace, it's so pretty. And I really like the texture in the pink flower. I can see why your son's girlfriend likes to display your cards!! It's super.

Lynn said...

So feminine and absolutely beautiful!

~Tammy~ said...

Big time SWOONING! Your design and elements melt my heart! Awesome composition! Hope your friends has a wonderful birthday!

Christina said...

This is gorgeous, Sue! I love the white embossing and the way you tied the twine with the two little tags. This are such pretty colors!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful white doily and darling tags. Great job with the color combo. :)

Hugs~

Shannon White said...

Wow Sue this is just Scrumptious!! 8-) LOVE your Wonderful embossed medallion and the Sweet prima flower and the Darling Gingham bow! Yuor Sweet tiny tags are soo Perfect and Love the idea of the wrapped twine too! Just Love the Whole thing! I know your Sons GF is Sure to Adore this! 8-)

Big hugs & Happy Sunday
Shannon

Kelly S. said...

Oh my HEAVENS, I think I need that Hero Arts stamp! It's so GORGEOUS embossed that way, Sue! Just love this layout, too. Oh and that fabric flower! Oo oo and the GINGHAM ribbon! Do you think I like this card? :) :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, yes, what a good feeling when someone displays our cards! This one has such a gorgeous embossed doily, it is sure to hold a place of honor in the girlfriend's home!

Ginny said...

What a beautiful card, Sue. I love all the "pinkness" of it. And that twine around the bow and the dangling embellishments are so, so sweet. I am going to have to try that. Very clever. It's so nice that your son's girlfriend displays your cards. It's gotta make you feel good.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I like how the tags turned out, too! Totally precious! I am sure your son's girlfriend will be happy to display this one, too! Love the embossed medallion!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable...love the flow and gingham ribbon along with the knotted tag!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card! Love your mix of papers and wonderful rosette!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the gingham bow with fun wrapped twine and sweet tiny tags Sue! Great card 😊

Loretta said...

Another beauty. Love the composition.

Unknown said...

Love this card Sue, it is so pretty and how fortunate is your son's girlfriend to receive this. Everything comes together in such a terrific way and that Hero Arts medallion is awesome, great card!

Shirley said...

What a gorgeous card, Sue! Thought hopping again would be great, but it has given me a case of the "I gotta have"....That medallion is awesome and the colors are lovely. The flower is perfect for it!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card!! so many lovely details!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Happy birthday to your son's girlfriend!!! This is a GORGEOUS card--love that embossed medallion!!! And that flower is stunning! LOVE everything about this card! Great colors and design! YOU ROCK:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet!!!!

Kathy Sheely said...

LOOOOVVVEEEE this one!

Paulina said...

This card is so pretty, Sue! I love the colors and that pretty medallion!

Just wanted to pop in really quickly and say I miss you. Hopefully you can join us again sometime soon for a DeNami challenge or blog hop. :)

Beverly Montez said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!
Is my birthday card done yet?
XO

farmhouse-story said...

so very pretty, sue! that white embossing looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Hi Sue, another beautiful card , such gorgeous detail as ever .Its Fabulous.
I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
well done Hugs Elaine

igła i nitka said...

Fabulous card! These tiny tags and flowes are so cute. I'm not surprised your son's girlfriend loves your cards:)

Maria said...

So so lovely with medallion and flower! Great idea of wrapping the twine with sweet tags! A stunning card in pretty colors!

Karin said...

Love the medaillion (that stamp is on my wish list), the flower and the tags. Very pretty!!

Brenda said...

That medallion stamp is the perfect background for that very pretty flower Sue! Love how you use pink so well!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Awww that's too cute, she must have one chic apartment. This is beautiful, I love what you did with the ribbon.
Katie x