Saturday, February 25, 2012

CR84FN49 - So Sweet of You!

Welcome to week 1 of CR84FN49.  Check out this FAB color Graphic:
 
If that graphic doesn't get your creative juices flowing, check out what our new guest designer, Shannon White, and our CR84FN Design team (in my sidebar) have created for you!  Welcome Shannon!  We are so looking forward to seeing your FAB creations!
Here is my card:  (I just HAD to use a butterfly after reading that INSPIRING quote!)
I LOVE this color combo and I was inspired by the butterfly quote and the image in the graphic along with the doilies.  This is a Thank You card for my blog friend Pauline who cost me a LOT of money introducing me to these FAB dies!!!.
The die I used is from Creatables by Marianne Design.  This lacy butterfly just seemed to go with the lace doily (in MY mind anyway!)  And I used a rolled rose and pearl for the body.  
Now go make something pretty and post it to our gallery.  And don't forget the Design Team LOVES to hear from you, too!
Posted by Picasa

36 comments:

Shannon White said...

Oh Sue! this is just Gorgeous!! 8-) LOVE your custom stamped & embossed BG! and that Lacy Butterfly is to die for!! Wowzers! Love every Wonderful Pretty detail my friend! 8-)

I can't even tell you how thrilled I am to be joining you guys this month! Woo Hoo, I am so doing my Happy dance!! 8-)

Big hugs & a Very Happy Sunday to you!
Shannon

Pauline said...

Oh Sue, this butterfly looks amazing in yellow! And it is fabulous against the slight grey of the doily, a beautiful card! A fabulous colour combo this week, I'm running to yellow paper packs right now!! Thank you so much, xxx

Deb Hickman said...

Your card is GORGEOUS !!!! I love the butterfly, the colour combo is so fresh.xxx

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - this is lovely! I really like the background stamping and the pretty doilies! The butterfly is just wonderful. I have one of Marianne's butterflies - they are stunning!

Lynn said...

Sue,
I'm sitting here trying to decide my favorite part of your card. I love the delicate butterfly and the background stamp is gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Such pretty layers of loveliness Sue!
FABULOUS butterfly, dare I visit this this site ??!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! The white embossed background looks stunning and that butterfly is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

So elegant, Sue! Love the doilies but that butterfly is absolutely stunning!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is gorgeous! Now you will be causing me to go spend money because of that darn butterfly! It is beautiful!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Sue! Gosh I love this combo!! It's so pretty I may just have to try this one :) That butterfly is gorgeous especially with the flower/pearl body- LOVE that!

Barb Turpin said...

Gorgeous as always! I can't get over those beautiful flowers you make! And just the right combination of those colors...lovely!

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, wow, wow, Sue!! That lacy butterfly is gorgeous, and I love the lemony yellow. So frilly and pretty!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Hey I'm back and checking out your stunnig card! I am in love with these colours and your design is beautiful. I love your elegant style, this is one of those I'd have to keep in my collection (I don't think I could part with it!).
Have a great week....Katie x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love all the lacy details on your card. Gorgeous rosette in teh body of the butterfly. Perfect composition!

Beverly Montez said...

So beautiful! that butterfly is awesome! I may need to borrow it. Love that you added the flower on it.
XO

Andrea M said...

Just so delicate and absolutely stunning! WOW! Sue, that butterfly die is a sight to behold - gorgeous! Positively lovely Sue!

Maria said...

Wow! Gorgeous card with the big butterfly and lovely rolled flower with pearl! Sweet doilies at top and bottom, too!

Brenda said...

OMG Sue! That butterfly is so dramatic and so beautiful! I love the colors on this challenge, I just need to make the time to play!

Ginny said...

I was not too sure about the color combination this week, but your card is just gorgeous! I love the softness of it and the elegance of the butterfly. So very beautiful and calming.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card--I LOVE the doilies and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that butterfly! GORGEOUS!

Cassandra said...

You have done such a beautiful job on this card. I have to admit the grey has thrown me abit but yours is so subtle, I love it. I have left you a little something on my blog.

Cyndie said...

Oh, how gorgeous! I love the white on kraft stamping (I'm always a sucker for that!) and the stunning butterfly! I want!

igła i nitka said...

Beautiful card! So delicate and ellegant. I like the way in which you combine these colours. And of course - I have fallen in love with this sweet butterfly:)

Rosemary said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Marge said...

WOW -- I don't DARE go look at these dies now! Thanks, Sue & Pauline -- darn you two!!!
Seriously, this card is a totally awesome collaboration with the kraft CS, white embossed BG, those subtly-gray doilies and that AMAZING butterfly die topped off with your fabby rolled rose & pearls -- STUNNING from beginning to end!!!

Marie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sue. Love the butterfly, probably need this die for my Butterfly Garden. Pauline has cost me much money, also but love her creativity!

Unknown said...

Sue,
I love checking out your blog and you always inspire me. It is for this reason that I'd love for you to accept the Liebster Blog Award I selected your blog for. The deets are on my blog and everyone deserves to see and experience your talent. Hope you'll accept it and happy crafting!
Hugs,
Lisa

Vickie Z said...

Love the doilies, butterfly, and embossed bg!!! Wonderful card!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Ok, I was literally drooling over that beautiful lemon perfection butterfly! Seriously, your card is amazing, and I am now going to have to check out these dies! I seriously can't be dropping some coins right now, so thanks a lot for making me fight to keep my wallet shut! STOP MAKING BEAUTIFUL STUFF WHICH RESULTS IN MAKING YOU AN ENABLER which could lead to divorce! :-)

100% in LOVE with this card!

Cheryl said...

Sue, this is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen! That butterfly die is gorgeous, and it goes perfectly with the doilies. I love the rolled rose on it, too. It looks like you made the bg with white embossing powder--I need to try that. I really like the look.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Ahhhh..... beautiful!!!
NOW you are going to cost me $$$ because I so want that die!!! : ) Thanks for sharing!

Loretta said...

Lovely card, and such a nice color combo.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Sue Lelli! The yellow butterfly is lovely with the paper flower and the doilies look great. the embossed BG is so pretty.

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is amazing! LOVE the lacy feel of the butterfly with your doilies! :) Gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Hi there, Girlie...I've got an award for you over on my blog: http://inkup.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-been-liebstered.html. ~Hugs, Cheryl

Naomi said...

WOW, is this ever GORGEOUS! LOVE that lacey butterfly, the beautiful doilies, and the carte postale stamping on the background!

Naomi
xoxo