Saturday, February 4, 2012

CR84FN47 - Week 2 - LOVE

I am back for week two at CR84FN with a card that IS my style!  Check out what our Guest Designer, Monika M.  has created as well as the other CR84FN Design Team members listed in my sidebar.

Here's MY card:
I made this card for my college son and his girlfriend.  She is so SWEET and said she is keeping my Christmas card up until I send her a new one so I am sending this Valentine card early.  I LOVE that she LOVES my cards!
Here is an up close pic of the rose I made with my new to me Tim Holtz pinecone die.  This is the first one I made so I know they will just get better with practice.  The rose sticks up kinda far so I tied a piece of red tulle around the base for a little extra sumpin' sumpin' as Andrea M. says!  I hope you like my card!  Now go make something and post it!  Time is running out!
Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Sue! The embossed heart looks wonderful and love the gorgeous lace trim! I can see why your sons GF loves receiving your homemade treasures :)

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Sue, Is this Ever GORGEOUS!! 8-) Love the Beautiful embossed heart and that Rose is Awesome Lady! So many Pretty Pretty details, the lace and Beautiful gems and the Sweet doily and heart stick pins! Just Wow! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

Oh Sue, this is so romantic and pretty! I love the rolled rose and tulle combination, and I love those papers, I got two sheet of this range a couple of weeks ago, it's gorgeous! Love the black stitched edge too, so much elegant detail, right down to the beautiful rhinestone brad, which looks like one I used yesterday! Have a great weekend! Xx

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful heart all dolled up! Gorgeous gem accent in the middle of your beautiful rose. Now I am going to have to try that with this die! Gorgeous card!

Lynn said...

How lovely that she adores your cards. I love this...especially the text background. Gorgeous Sue.

Lisa said...

SUE! This is sensational!Love the composition of this -the beautifullettering on top the lace, tulle and gorgeous embellishments! I'm glad your son's girlfriend appreciates your work :) Who wouldn't LOVE this?!

Lisa Elton said...

I think she'll leave this one up year round Sue! Very pretty ;)

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful, Sue! Love the embossed heart and the mix of tulle and lace! Your son's GF will treasure this beauty!

Debbie said...

Beautiful! love the doily and the lace trim.

Emily Keaton said...

Sue, this is SO very lovely--what a gorgeous creation! Your son's girlfriend is sure to love it. Sounds like she has excellent taste!

Deborah Frings said...

It's absolutely lovely! The papers are so pretty, lovely doily and the embossed heart is fab. I really like the lace and net ribbon - so pretty!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh Sue, this is so lovely! I just adore the lace(s) trim. So beautiful. And your embossed heart complete with stick pins is gorgeous. Very inspiring! I too love that she loves your cards so. Not at all surprising seeing that she isn't blind mind you. ;-))

~Tammy~ said...

Sue this is just so gorgeous and what a great feeling to know your paper treasures are appreciated so much!

You have so many beautiful touches and I love your embossed heart!

Wow is all I have left to say. Picking jaw up now!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Sue. I love the embossed heart and beautiful flower. :)
Hugs~

Andrea M said...

WOW Sue!!! Stunning card!!! What a beautiful flower with fabulous gems! The lace is so pretty! Talk about knock my socks off!!!

Beverly Montez said...

So adoragorgeous! You always have just the right embellies. You will have to share with me where you got the lace :O)
XO
b

farmhouse-story said...

oh, so sweet, sue! love the trims and only you could use a pinecone die and make a gorgeous flower with it:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Valentine! Love the added doily, embossing and wonderful blossom!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Like? I just love it Sue! How super sweet that your sons girlfriend is waiting for her next card ...awww♥ I can totally understand why. This is gorgeous and I reckon she may well frame this one. What a good Mom you are.
Katie xx

igła i nitka said...

What a beautiful and really sweet card! I'm not surprised She loves your cards - so do I:) This paper rose is fantastic - especially the bead in the middle:)

Ginny said...

Sue this is so beautiful, and elegant and so sweet. Your son's girlfriend is going to love it and display it for the entire year! It's too beautiful to put away. Just love that pink flower! I think it's perfectly done.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER SUPER cute! I love that heart with the flower center--and the center of the flower is GORG! LOVE the lace too...actually, I just love this entire card! BEAUTIFUL:)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The perfect combo for a Valentine! Pretty lace, tulle and flowers! So romantic! Love that rose! I'm sure she's gonna treasure this one, too!

Cheryl said...

How sweet of you to make your son's girlfriend such a beautiful card! This one is definitely a keeper. I love the pinecone rose, and that bling in the center is gorgeous.

Ruby said...

I can see I've missed popping by here, yet another beauty! Love your combination of papers and colours, so pretty!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh-so-beautiful! Tell me what die you used for your heart; I love the simple shape. Been on the lookout for a good simple one, with no scallops or wavy looks to it.

THat lace is really, really sweet and pretty, and I see it is sporting some hearts as well!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How pretty is that, I just love that lovely rose with jewel center!!!