Welcome to CR84FN47 Week 1 with this new color palette of pink, red, and light blue!
| We are so PLEASED to have Monika M. from Poland as our Guest Designer for the next month. You can view her AMAZING creations at Igla i Nitka which means needle and thread in Polish. She is a GENIUS with her craftiness and I have purchased bookmarks from her to give to some very dear friends. Please go to her site and give her some LOVE! Monika, along with our CR84FN Design Team (listed in my sidebar), have made some GORGEOUS things to inspire you with our new colors! I hope you come play along! I am also linking this to the JUGS #121 Challenge which asks you to make a 3-D project with a Valentine Theme! Go check out the FABULOUS 3-D projects the JUGS Girls have made over there. Thanks for the 3-D inspiration! Here's my creation: |
This is a gift bag for my Dear Sweet Mom. I have been promising her for a YEAR to make some cards for her to give to her friends in her "Old Broads Birthday Club". I figured it was about time I followed through! It's really easy to make so if you want the deets, email me!
Here is a close-up of my bow with buttons. Don't you just LOVE the hearts??! The turquoise button has an epoxy dome sticker in the center with a piece of the designer paper cut out and placed underneath it.
Here are some of the cards I made with Totally Stampalicious Stamps. The first two are in the colors from our CR84FN47 color challenge but the other cards are just a variety of colors. My Mom wanted funny cards with ladies and I think these will fit the bill!
(inside) I love to cook with wine...sometimes I even put it in the food!
These are not my usual style (I don't like to color!) but these are exactly what my Mom wants to give to her friends! Totally Stampalicious has so many other stamps that are just hilarious!
I DID find out through coloring (and my friend Bev's advice) that Copic E00 is the PERFECT skin color! She is so RIGHT! Thanks Bev! (I also Googled Copic and found out it IS "COPE" ic! Long O!)
I had a lot of FUN creating this bag and cards for my Mom. I hope you find some time to make your own super fun creation and post it on our blog! I'll be looking forward to commenting!














39 comments:
Sue, I can't take my eyes off your beautiful projects! The bag is fabulous - especially the ribbon flower and heart-shaped buttons (I've fallen in love with them:) These cards are so funny and optimistic. PS. Thank you very much for your support and so warm welcome:)
Sue - your Mum must adore this set of cards and fabulous bag. I love the paper, the heart buttons and the blue button is just so sweet. Your cards are such fun - I particularly like the first one with the wine and the last one about the queue!! So true!!
Beautiful gift bag! LOVE the details with the gorgeous bow and the little heart accents! The other cards are colored beautifully and are really fun!
I love the name of your mom's club! Hilarious. She will love the cards! And...the bag is fabulous. So glad you could play along with us at Just Us Girls!
If these cards are any indication, these ladies are a hoot! So fun Sue! Mom will lvoe these :) And your bag is beautiful! What a lovely way to present them!
How FUN are these cards Sue?!! And what a fun name for their birthday club. SUPER cute bag for her too. I DO love those heart buttons ;)
Love this gift bag! Your ribbons and hearts are fabulous! I love the cards! They are so funny! Your mom and her friends are going to get a big kick out of them!
P.S. I love the name of your mom's friends! Hilarious!
What a sweetie you are. I am not a "colorer" either, so I know what it took for you to make all those cards. They look fantastic and your Mom's friends are going to love them! The bag is beautiful! So sweet and colorful. Love the bow and all the buttons. I love the name of your Mom's club name. So cute.
Great job on all your cards Sue, your colouring is amazing! And congratulations on your Cards publication, it is a beautiful card and especially exciting to see it in print.
Fun cards and a FABULOUS bag to put them in!! Sue, I think you nailed your mom's request perfectly. :)
Oh my goodness, these cards crack me up!!! Love it and I know your sweet Mom will too and she is going to enjoying handing them out to her friends. What a great name for a club!
Your bag is amazing! I love how you strung those sweet little hearts from your fussy bow!
All around fabulousness! I needed a pick me up today!
Beautiful creations! Love your bag thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls
Well, your Mom may have had to wait, but SURE she'll agree it was worth it!!! These cards are just too funny -- the 'ole broads' will LOVE receiving them!
Your bag is beyond A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E, Sue! LOVE that BG paper, gorgeous seam binding and those sweet buttons! A perfect & useful gift for your Mom for Valentines indeed!
What fun cards! And that bag is just gorgeous, especially with the cute little heart buttons and the sweet doily!
What a fabulous bag of card for your mum and her friends, I do like these humorous stamps! Love that gorgeous bow on the bag, and the pretty papers, just gorgeous!
This is a priceless and precious bag filled to the brim with gems. Sue you made me stare and stare and stare.....:) Not your ususal style but you did ana AMAZING job!!! And that bag; I can only sigh. Love it!
The bag turned out GREAT and of course the cards are awesome and look even better in person. Your mom will absolutely be blown away!
XO
Beverly
What cute cards you've made! I especially love the first one with those heart buttons! Adorable!
Old Broads Birthday Club - LOL!! I love it! ;-D
Sue, that gift bag is UBER FANTASTIC! So pretty. I love the ribbon, the buttons, the handle, the colors, the pattern... all of it, I love it! I definitely need the deets on this bag.
And your cards to go inside are so stinkin' funny and colorful! I am sure your mom will get a big kick out of these. You really outdid yourself! Nice work, Sue. ;-)
I'll bet you had fun putting these cards together for your mom's "kit o' cards", Sue! The bag is gorgeous! Love the crinkled bow, the pretty paper, and dangling heart shaped buttons.
(my fingers are feeling a bit better today, after having rested them for a day and a half; I KNOW I am on the computer TOO much!!)
WOWOWZA! That bag is AMAZING--I LOVE the brad and that beautiful ribbon! I also love all those cards--each so different! LOVE those ladies--they match your mom's request of funny cards! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)
What a pretty gift bag Sue! Love the shimmery scalloped trim and fun heart buttons! Those cards are so fun! I am having a good laugh! I think you found your calling :)
such a sweet bag and fun cards for your mom, sue! have a great week!
Wonderful, fun bag and I am sure your mom will adore it. love the name of her club :).
your bag is gorg Sue but I am totally in love with your cards! you should color more often..... you do a great job at it! love the set and the images are fab!
Oh my, is that the cutest thing there!!! Love those heart buttons!!!
Like me, I don't like coloring as well, you did great though!!!
It's a real challenge creating against your own style isn't it! I get it from my Mum quite a bit, she has her own ideas lol. You did a great job, the cards are really fun and I love the bag, yes please to the instructions! Big hugs x
Beautiful gift set, Sue! Love how you decorated the bag and the cards will be perfect for your mom's friends!
Super cute card collection! Totally perfect for 'older' but 'wiser' women. Great job...outside your comfort zone. The bag is astonishing. TFS
Ummmm WOW!!!! You ROCK girl! Love what you did with our images!
Hi Sue! Your treat bag is totally awesomeliscious! Your Mom is going to get a kick out of those cards my friend!
So sweet of you to make and color all of these for your mom. The bag you put them in is beautiful !
OMGoodness Sue! what a Gorgeous gift bag! LOVE the Darling buttons and the Pretty seam binding bow! And the card you made for your Mom to give to her friends are just FABULOUS! 8-) Sure made me chuckle out loud, my Hubby is looking at me like I've lost my mind.. lol Great Job my friend! 8-)
Happy weekend to you Lady!
Hugs
Shannon
Wonderful! Everything is wonderful!
I could have sworn I commented on this beautiful gift set for your Mom!!! I think I'm going crazy… but that's a story for another day :)
Girl, this is AMAZING! What a beautiful gift! Such fun cards and a STUNNING bag to put them in!
Beautiful giftbag, wonderfully embellished! Love all the added cards, I'm sure your mom will appreciate them!
Not only are you the perfect Mom, but you are the perfect daughter! I just adore your gift bag and I'm in awe of the button/epoxy sticker idea! As for the hearts...♥♥
Your Mom is going to be so chuffed!
Katie xx
A wonderful set of cards, especially the sentiments.
fabby collection! LOVE your gift bag!!
Hugs Juls
Post a Comment