Saturday, November 5, 2011

CR84FN42 - Absolutely Fabulous!

Welcome to Week 1 of CR84FN42!
What is Absolutely Fabulous is that this week's CR84FN42 colors are my FAVS!  For more inspiration, please check out what the DT members (listed in my sidebar) have created along with our new GD, Mackie Robertson at MackieMade Paper Creations!  We are so EXCITED to have her as our November Guest Designer!   Please go to her blog and leave her some LOVE! 
NOW, if all of these GORGEOUS creations don't get you excited, I honestly don't know what will!!!!  Personally, I was inspired by the stripes on the cake!
My stripes and bow are in velvet and I added those pretty pink Prima roses to mimic the roses on the cake and the bouquet.

Here's my entire card!
I used PTI's Moroccan Motifs impression plate on the SU Pink Pirouette paper and PTI's Linen impression plate on my PTI doily.  I LOVE the added texture!
 Here is a close-up of the doily.  The polka dots are a CTMH stamp and the Absolutely Fabulous badge is from Flair.  I know exactly who needs this card right now!!!!  She needs to hear just how SPECIAL she is to me!
Now make a card and come Create with us ~ Just for FUN!
Posted by Picasa

40 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! That embossed background is beautiful ~ love the unique pattern and that velvet ribbon adds such a touch of elegance! I'm sure your friend will treasure this beauty!

Naomi said...

This card is simply STUNNING, Sue! Love the velvet ribbon, the different textures, the flowers, the doily die-cut, and of course, the colours....CR84FN ALWAYS has the most GORGEOUS colour combos!

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - this is so gorgeous. I do like the embossed detail on the card - it's such a lovely design. And I like the way you've echoed the stipes on the cake - such a pretty and elegant card. Love the badge too - this will be much appreciated.

Gisèle said...

Absolutely Fabulous indeed my love; Wow, I love the way you mimicked the stripes and the flowers, love the richness of the velvet ribbon, and the embossing....The colors are outstanding.The card is so very elegant..she will love it!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This card is Absolutely Fabulous! I love the velvet ribbon...and all the different embossing.Your friend will be so touched!
Mackie

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the black highlights on the doily and who wouldn't want to get a card saying they were absolutely fab! :)

Brenda said...

What a wonderful card Sue! LOVE these colors just as much as you do! And I am also loving the PTI impression plates, they are so subtle but really change the look of a project. That badge and those flowers are totally gorgeous!

Rosemary said...

oh what a yummy card!! love all the textures and layers...

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhhh so pretty Sue! The velvet stripes are so elegant.and you can never go wrong with some pretties from Prima!! Love the sweet badge too. Have a delightful day!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Sue! Love the subtle embossing, wonderful strips of ribbon and that darling flair badge!

Gerry said...

Very pretty. I like the stitching

Ally said...

Gorgeous card, Sue! I loved the stripes on the cake, too, and you did it perfect - in velvet!! Seriously can't beat that. ;-) Love those little roses, and the doily with that badge is a fabulous touch. Such a delightful card. ;-)

I am going to have to get that Moroccan Motif Impression Plate on my next order...

Marie said...

Oh my oh my, Sue the mix of textures and layers is phenomenal! The velvet, badge, rhinestone and roses are a perfect embellishments for the beautiful background.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Ooh this has such a sweet yet seductive feel to it! I'm loving the doily and great inspiration.
Hugs, Katie x

Emily Keaton said...

Hey, Sue!!! How are you? So wonderful to see your gorgeous creation today. Those colors are so pretty and you ROCKED them!! That little badge is so adorable, a great touch. And you are such a genius to find inspiration in that yummy cake!! I hope everything is going well for you, my friend!!

Deb Hickman said...

Such a pretty card, Sue. The doily is so pretty and love the velvet trim and badge.xxx

Shirley said...

Wow! What a great card, Sue! I love the flowers, that wonderful embossed background, the stitching, the ribbon trim, and in fact all of it! It's lovely~!

Stella said...

When I looked at this weeks' colOrs I knew that you would come up with a card dripping with elegance. And you didn't disappoint me; sigh.....this is GORGEOUS Sue..I love love love the doily and the badge!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning use of this weeks colors! Love the wonderful embossing on the background, pretty Prima roses and fabby badge!

Cyndie said...

This card is so darn cute! Love the textures and shapes you have used. These colors you folks have come up with for this week are really delicious--haven't played yet but I plan to! Love the quote for this week by the way.

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Sue, absolutely gorgeous!! Love the embossed backgrounds, and the sweet little sentiment badge! This will go down a storm with your friend, she will surely wear that badge with pride!

sheila said...

this is just gorgeous Sue. I love the details....the embossed background, roses, doily and the perfect sentiment!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Ahhhh...... so pretty, what is it with black and pink, I just love it!!!!

Shannon White said...

Wow Sue! this is Gorgeous Gorgeous! Love the Wonderful texture you created on your BG and the Roses and velvet ribbon are just Perfect! So Pretty and Elegant! I just know your friend is going to Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

P.S. Thanks so much for all your Sweet comments my friend, hope you have a Fantastic week! 8-)

Ginny said...

Sue, this card is absolutely FABULOUS!!! I love the colors and the doily and that background is just lovely. Your friend is going to love this card. What a sweetie you are!

Juls said...

Hi Sue

Once again I find myself playing catchup in blogland. I have enjoyed checking out your blog and seeing your fab creations I have missed.

Beautiful soft and elegant card

Hugs Juls

igła i nitka said...

What a fabulous card! It looks so ellegant. I simply love these flowers and ribbon.

Andrea M said...

WOW Sue! This is so elegant! What a gorgeous take on the fabby inspiration pic. Everything is so perfectly appointed!!! Love the doily and those sweet little rosebuds!

farmhouse-story said...

simply adorable, sue! love the impressions, pretty flowers, and the velvet ribbons:) have a great night!

Cheryl said...

Wow! You captured that inspiration photo so well, Mona could have just used your card as the inspiration piece! This is a spectacular card, Sue! I love the bold, black stripes and those Prima flowers are beautiful. Hope you're doing well!!! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely beautiful job! :) I'm in love with the details--and I love your badge sentiment!!!

Cassandra said...

Don't think I have commented but certainly meant too. Love this one Sue, brilliant colours (of course) and love the roses on the stripes - so striking.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Sue Lelli. The flowers and the doily look so pretty. Love the embossed background. :o)

Patrice said...

Love those little rosettes

Cyndie said...

I love this sweet, frilly card, and that button you put in the middle is so perfect for it!

Diane Burns said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love the doily, I need to get that! Also love the colors that were chosen for this week. I need to start playing again!

Beverly Montez said...

This is gorgeous!
Wonderful colors to work with too!
Love the "absolutely fabulous" button

Colleen Dietrich said...

Another stunner! I'm sure your special friend will ADORE this frilly beauty.

Marge said...

Well, Sue, that sentiment describes your card perfectly! 'Nuf said!!! ;~)