Welcome to CR84FN42 Week 2! FAB graphic, FAV colors, and
AMAZING inspiration from our CR84FN Design Team (listed in my sidebar) and our
Guest Designer, Mackie Robertson at Mackie Made Paper Creations. Leave them all some LOVE!
This week I challenged MYSELF to make a card that wouldn't require extra postage. Do you know how hard that was for ME because I LOVE my flowers! But I did it and I hope you like it! This card was developed around this sentiment and my new to me PTI label and stamp set.
Here's the entire card. It's all PTI except for the black trim and the paper which is from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found blush mini paper pad. (LOVE it!) My dove is embossed with white embossing powder and she has a teeny tiny pink pearl eye.
So here's your chance! You have one more week to come play! Hope to see you in the gallery!!!







35 comments:
This is just beautiful Sue! I love the bird and the the little pearly eye, the stitched edges and the gorgeous papers, so pretty and dreamy! A divine card!
Such a cute card Sue - lovely little dove image you've used and the lacey border and circle are beautiful too. Love those PTI stamps!! Feeling really inspired now - hope to make something for this challenge soon!
Your card is so pretty!!! The dove is so elegant-love the embossing. And I love the doily and the border! Pretty! Pretty!
What a sweet card! Lovely sentiment and the design is wonderful! I ended up just buying a stack of extra postage! LOL! My postman loves to see me as he knows he will be charging me lots of extra postage!
Oh so delicate and pretty... and lovely pink shades. I know what you mean about the extra postage... it's so hard to make a card and not load it up with gorgeous flowers and leaves and sprays! Ahhhh, the trials of card making!!!
Sue this is soft and dreamy,VERY PRETTY! Love all of the great PTI elements you've grouped together. And of course the fab MME blush collection paper. Have a relaxing Sunday!
Sue, that is lovely! The lace die cut and edge are spectacular with your colors and the whole design is wonderful. I hear you on the postage thing. LOLOLOL The embellishments pretty much take care of that on other cards, huh!
Such a pretty card Sue! Love the glittered label, eyelet border and doily mix! So elegant! The postmaster LOVES to see me coming ~ I think I see dollor signs on her eyeballs instead of pupils!!! :) LMBO
This is beautiful Sue...love the new label and the eyelet trim...and not only does it save on postage, you can actually fit it into an A2 size envelope! I put together a baby shower gift and card yesterday and I had to struggle to get the card into the envelope!
It's beautiful, Sue! I love the tag and sentiment and the papers are very pretty. That black trim is so perfect and ties everything together. Gorgeous!
It is just perfectly done!!
so pretty, sue! love the doilies on this sweet card!
Sue - how very pretty. I love the soft shades of pink in the paper and the lovely sentiment. The dove with pearl eye is so sweet and the black ribbon ties it together beautifully!
I love these colors Sue! I need to find time to play with this challenge this week! I love your pretty "flat" card! I can imagine how difficult that must have been for you! I love the shape of that tag. Hope you are well! Hugs, Brenda
Beautiful. ;-) Love that Doily Details die-cut peeking out from underneath, and the edgers border at the bottom. That dove is fabulous! I need to break out my Christmas Labels set - thanks for the reminder! ;-) Lovely card, Sue. Good job keeping it on the 'up and up' for simple mailing!
Soft and pretty, I am loving this!!!!
Sue, this is GORGEOUS! It is SUPER hard to make a card that's good for mailing..not just weight-wise but, I like a lot of dimension on my cards....however, I have been getting a lot better at going a bit simpler...You always make me want to buy stuff from PTI! Obviously you're a BIG fan and they're stuff is GORGEOUS...of course, it sells itself but, you make me want it even MORE! So far, I only have one stamp set, one die set, and some cardstock from them and every time I look at your cards, I realize I "need" to order something else from them...LOL!
Cute card
I knew it was yours right away!! (could it be the DOILY?)
Soft pretty colors.
This is soft and beautiful, Sue! I have those Lost and Found papers, a recent gift from a friend. I love seeing how you used them here.
Hey, your comment about your mom dusting after surgery made me laugh! I wish I felt THAT good right after surgery! THanks for sharing that. :)
Just beautiful, Sue! Love that embossed dove and yummy paper! I had to LOL about the postage! :)
Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog....you have no idea how much I appreciated it! I admire that you are trying/challenging youself to make a mail-able card hehehe-I tend to bling my cards out so much that it always requires extra postage! I love your card ...and especially like how you placed that die cut off center...really draws my eye to the dove.
Pretty in pink, Sue this is beautiful. Such soft elements, brought together into one very elegant card. Love the embossing.
Have a lovely week and as ever, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.
Katie xx
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the lacy accents and those beautiful papers. And thank you for featuring a one-stamp card--when things are tight I try to make ALL my cards that way; thanks for showing us you don't have to give up any of the beauty to do that!
GORGEOUS, Sue, love it in all it's soft, sweet detail!!!
Really delicate and ellegant card. So simple and so beautiful:) PS. I got your e-mail and send you an answer but as usual my mail was marked as a spam and returned to me:/ I'm so excited and I can hardly wait for the postman:) Best wishes!
This is a stunner. I love it! Great use of that new PTI label - so elegant.
Wow Sue! This is So Beautiful and Elegant! Love your Darling dove and the soft delicate dp's you chose. Your lacy punched border and doily die cut are such Perfect touches too! I just Love every Fabulous detail Lady! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
Sue, this is GORGEOUS! I love all that soft pink with the black accents. Awesome stitching, and the doily behind the dove looks so pretty being offset rather than centered. I had to laugh about your postage concerns. I'm always crossing my fingers at the post office because my postage cost depends on who I get at the counter--some people charge extra for bulk, some don't. ~Hugs, Cheryl
A really pretty card Sue! I know what you mean about layering, I find it really challenging sticking to flatter cards. I think you did a great job!
Oh my what a soft, feminine card. That glittery dove is a wonderful focal point. So glad it can be mailed without extra postage or packaging.
Such a soft, pretty,feminine card.xxx
I dunno Sue, I'm thinking therapy just might be cheaper than our addictive crafting hobby. :) Postage is going up, our local post office is closing...what's going to happen to our love of making and sending cards in the mail? It's so much more personal to receive a card or letter in the mail. Beautiful card, love the texture the sewing around the edges does for the card too. I'm a new follower of yours...love the inspiration you share.
Great card, I love this color combination and how elegant it looks together.
I love your beautiful card Sue!!TFI
Thanks for stopping by my blog:)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:) xxx
This is so pretty Sue. Sorry I missed this before. I love all the pink (my favorite color) and pretty glittered label. :)
Hugs~
Post a Comment