Saturday, October 8, 2011

CR84FN40 ~ Merry & Bright

****This Color Challenge is dedicated to Steve Jobs.  Mona's husband, Scott, is a HUGE fan and chose a quote made by Steve himself to inspire all of us.  R.I.P. Steve and Thank You for the difference you have made in all of our lives!
I think we are going to have LOTS of players with this FAB color combo for the next two weeks at CR84FN40!  You can go so many ways, but for this week, the colors inspired me to make my first Christmas card!  If you need more inspiration, check out the GORGEOUS cards from our
CR84FN Design Team listed in my sidebar. 
Also, I would like to welcome our Guest Designer for CR84FN40 and CR84FN41!  Her name is Cheryl Lea and you can find her BEAUTIFUL creations at Ink Up, A Crafter's Journey.
Now on to what I made!

Who says you can't use roses on a Christmas card???  Not me, that's for sure!  I just LOVE making roses and on this one I smooshed the red roses into Versamark and clear heat embossed them ~ one of my FAV techniques!  You just can't go wrong with clear embossing powder!
Here's my card:
 
I used white embossing powder for the Christmas tree and red roses as ornaments.  The background is My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas paper from their mini paper pad.  It was so pretty that all I had to do was add a ribbon and bow, some twine, my Christmas tree, and I was done!  I could create with these colors all day long!  I hope you find them inspiring and make some time to come play with us!
Posted by Picasa

41 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Sue, that white embossed Christmas tree is so incredibly beautiful and love the rolled rose ornaments! You are surely tempting to add that stamp set and die to my collection!

Pauline said...

Oh Sue, this is just fabulous! I love the smooched rolled roses, I must try that! Love the gorgeous PTI tree, and the lovely paper, so pretty. A gorgeous Christmas card!

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - what a stunning Christmas tree - I really like the flourishes in the tree. And the roses with the pearls looks amazing! It's just gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

OMG, this is magnificent! I love everything about it. That tree with the red roses is SO pretty, and the subtle design in the corner of the bg paper looks like tree branches and gives the entire card tremendous dimension. Just beautiful.

Naomi said...

Another stunner, Sue! I fell in love with that paper collection the second I saw it and I TRULY adore your roses! It's a gorgeous colour combo and you did a FABULOUS job with it!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! Love that paper and it is perfect setting for your beautiful rosy Christmas tree. Lovely flowers on your tree!

Gisèle said...

Oh so pretty, I am like you I love clear and white embossing...Roses for x-mas...Darn tooting...Wonderful card my friend...

Heather Rogers said...

I love the roses on your tree, Sue. Nothing wrong with getting ahead on your Christmas cards. I love and still have the one you sent me last year. :)
Hugs~

farmhouse-story said...

so very gorgeous, sue! i've used dried roses with babys breath on my tree in the past--love the roses!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful holiday card, love the added roses to your lovely tree image!

Barb Turpin said...

Gorgeous card! Love that color combination too, and those roses and the swirled Christmas Tree! Awesome!

igła i nitka said...

What a nice Christmas tree with roses! I like this idea very much:)

Kathy Pisupati said...

Love the roses, are they hard to make Sue??? Great job!

Melissa said...

Bee-u-ti-ful card Sue! I love this color combo and can't wait to play along this week. I love the roses on the pretty white tree. Thanks for sharing!

Marge said...

FABULOUS & WONDERFUL -- just what every Christmas/Christmas card should be and your card makes it so!!! LOVE this color combo too! I sooo love PTI's stamps/matching dies -- can't Santa just bring them ALL to my house?!!! LOL!!! Now that's a Christmas dream, huh?!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Sue! I love the white tree and the rolled flowers are wonderful (I thought they were flower buttons when I glanced at it the first time)!

Lisa Kind said...

Hi Sue! Kind of lost touch with you for a while! Glad I found you again! Your card is gorgeous! I love the color combo and the beautiful tree! Very pretty card!

Kim Duran said...

Sue, this card is just gorgeous! I love, love the little flowers and the tree! Makes me want to play along in this challenge now! Ooh, I hope I have some free time. You made it look so easy!

Emily Leiphart said...

Sue, this holiday card is gorgeous! I just placed a PTI order and wish I had put that tree die in my cart. Maybe next time! Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog. :)

Loretta said...

This card just pops. I love it. That background paper is wonderful!

Andrea M said...

This is AMAZING Sue!!! Truly a stunning creation!!! WOW! I LOVE that white tree - a stroke of creative brilliance!!! Lovely job - thanks for the inspiration!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

GASP, oh wow Sue, I LOVE this!!! The while embossing on the kraft looks marvelous, and the red ribbon and flowers really POP against it!! Love the text background with those pretty swirls too! Excellent work!

Ally said...

Wow, this card is just gorgeous, Sue. I am such a sucker for text - and I just adore that embossed tree. It's beautiful! And the pearls are the perfect touch. Fabulous job, girl! ;-)

Marybeth said...

This is such a wonderful Christmas card ,oh my gosh I love it. I used this tree with similar colors for my Christmas cards last year. Its gorgeous embossed in white, brilliant!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Drop dead gorgeous, Sue! It's clean and simple, but yet it has so much elegance and style. Well done!

Beverly said...

So very pretty and so very you! Love your roses. this is a great color theme.
xo
Beverly

Shirley said...

So elegant and lovely and you had to use those dies, huh!!! Well, I loved mine so much I put them where I can't find them. Aaaaaarrrrrgh!

Patrice said...

Such a uniquely gorgeous Christmas card!

Lisa Elton said...

OH MY GOODNESS Sue this is beautifully elegant! What a pretty tree and the roses really shine as ornaments here! Great work (as always!) my friend!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beautiful christmas card there!
I am with you over the loss of steve jobs, he is truly a genius!

Brenda said...

I just love these colours Sue and the white embossed tree and those beautiful roses! Yum! It was SO GREAT meeting you yesterday! You are just as bubbly as I had imagined! Sorry I was not "shorter"!!!

Marie said...

WOW another stunning card. The white embossed tree is beautiful and the rolled roses are magnificent. Mine roses still look like bales of hay! Love the clean lines of your card.

Karen B. said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! I just got some of that background paper myself and you've inspired me to use it!

Shannon White said...

Sue this is so Gorgeous!! Love your Fab white embossed Christmas Tree and rolled rose ornaments! So Pretty Pretty! You know you are helping me to add to my PTI wish list! LOL.. Maybe if I am extra good, Santa will bring me a PTI gift certificate.. 8-) Thanks for the inspiration my friend!

Happy Weekend to you Lady!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Ginny said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Sue! And the roses look perfect for your tree. Just love how you made them shiny.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your tree is gorgeous! Love the white embossing and the roses! Pretty!pretty!pretty!

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful, i love that Christmas tree and yes you can definitely have roses for Christmas. I have a Christmas rose plant in my garden. xxxxx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Sue Lelli. I {heart} that tree. The flowers looks lovely on it. :o)

dreamer said...

how warm and wonderful your roses look ,and on the Christmas tree just come alive, from super ozie

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful holiday card, that embossing effect on the christmas tree is just GREAT!!!

Marge said...

Another AWESOME card (wish I had this & several other PTI stamp sets)!!! Great set = GREAT CARD!