Saturday, October 22, 2011

CR84FN41 - Happy Birthday Cassandra!

Welcome to CR84FN41!
Sorry Everyone.  I seem to have disappeared from blog land but I want you all to know I am sick as a dog with some cold caught on airplanes, so this post is going to be short and sweet!  I finally went to the doctor today and he gave me a shot in the butt (guaranteed to make me feel better), so soon I will be back commenting on all of your LOVELY creations.  The colors this week are Steel Blue, Gray, and Yellow.  I hope you are inspired to play by this PRETTY color graphic and the cards made for YOU by our CR84FN Design Team listed in my sidebar.  Also go visit our FABULOUS Guest Designer, Cheryl Lea, and be sure to leave her and everyone on the Design Team some LOVE!  Here is my card!
I combined papers from MANY different manufacturers but it was all focused around that rose paper from SU's Beau Chateau Collection!  I also used a lot of graph and lined designs as well as my FAV roses.  I hope you like it!  It's actually a belated birthday card for my very Crafty friend, Cassandra.  I'm a little behind due to traveling and being sick.  I find it impossible to make cards with a runny nose and wicked cough!  Stay WELL my blog friends!  Cyber HUGS!  I'm off to take some cough medicine!
Posted by Picasa

33 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous, Sue! Love all the papers, and those flowers are so pretty. The bright yellow with all those muted blues is a nice combination. Hope you get well quickly! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Deborah Frings said...

HI Sue - hope you're feeling better soon - sending hugs xx

Your card is just lovely - the papers are so pretty and I do like the roses - both rolled and layerd. Gorgeous!

Pauline said...

Oh sue, hope you're feeling better soon, it's this time of year for it unfortunately. Gorgeous card, I love those little rolled roses and the doily, the pretty papers are gorgeous too. Get wells soon! XXX

Mona Pendleton said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well Sue :( Sending you get well wishes! Your card is beautiful! The rolled flowers look amazing as always! I'm sure your friend will treasure this!

Suzanne C said...

Feel better Sue! Your card is beautiful! Love those blue roses in the background. Wonderful rolled flowers too!

Juls said...

Hi Sue,

I am still playing catchup in blogland at the mo, I have enjoyed checking out all your fabulous creations that I missed while I was on my hols.

Love the red flowers on your tree!!just LUSH

I Liked this card to, great mix of DP's and I love the floral detail!

Hugs Juls

Lisa said...

Hi Sue,
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hopefully your trip to FL with your friend wasn't a total bust! Lovely card today :) Really like those rolled flowers!
This is a bit belated, but it was so great meeting you! I hope we get to see each other again sometime :) and that you are back to your perky self again in no time!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Sue! Love the mix of patterns and wonderful flowers! I hope you feel better soon! Hugs!

sheila said...

Hi Sue, I love your card! The colors are really beautiful together and I love the patterned papers that you used. I also like how you incorporated and decorated your sentiment panel. I hope you feel better soon....your post made me laugh though....I used the same "sick as a dog" phrase myself on my blog to describe how I was feeling and why I wasn't blogging hehehehe! I'm in Wisconsin and must have the same gunk....no crafting while coughing, sneezing, blowing yuck! No shot but lots of antibiotics! Feel better! I feel like I am finally turning a corner after 2 weeks of this bug!

sheila said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments Sue! I haven't been this sick in years...and it was a total one/two punch. I got sick and it seemed to "pass" after two days and then I got slammed again with tons of upper respiratory stuff. Two sets of antibiotics and literally could barely drag myself around....until the last two days. My doc says it is the "flu" and that it is a solid 10 day "down and outer". I feel like I am finally able to get through a day with out a nap and tons of Theraflu but still am not up to working out etc...weird...really never sick and not like this in probably 20 years!

igła i nitka said...

Sue - I hope you are well now. Take care and have a rest - blog land will wait for you:) PS. Beautiful card! This yellow is so vivid and optimistic:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD Card! Wonderful combination of papers and design! Love your rolled flowers. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Gerry said...

So beautiful and feminine. Love the soft colors

Suzanne Russell said...

Such prettiness! I especially like the rolled roses combined with the cut out roses over the stamped stems. Thanks for the inspiration!

Barb Turpin said...

Hope that shot does the trick! So sorry to hear you're under the weather...certainly couldn't tell from that gorgeous card...lovely as usual!

Shannon White said...

This is so Gorgeous Sue! Love all the Lovely layers and Gorgeous dp's, especially the rose SU dp's, So Pretty! And your Rolled roses are soo Fabulous! love every detail! I Sure hope you feel better soon Lady! Hope that shot does the trick. 8-)

Big hugs
Shannon

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love all the pretty roses! On the background paper, the rolled roses, just so pretty! I'm so sorry to hear you've had the crud! It's that time of year! Drink lots of fluids and rest!!!!!
Mackie

Brenda said...

Oh Sue I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! Let me know if I can do anything for you, I am just a phone call away. (Not sure if you are currently in FL or not, can't keep up with your galavanting all one the place!). Love this card with the beautiful little rolled roses and those absolutely gorgeous papers. (Ok, seriously, just shout if I can do something for you, go pick up groceries, whatever....)Hugs, and hoping you get better very soon!

Heather Rogers said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling so well. My poor hubby has a bad cold too. Those are never any fun...total waste of time in my opinion. :)

You car is stunning. I like the doily peeking out from behind the payers and sweet little flowers. :)
Hugs~

feel better soon

farmhouse-story said...

feel better soon, sue:) this card is SO stunning! you worked those colors beautifully!

Ally said...

Oh Sue. :-S I'm so sorry that you haven't been well - it sounds miserable! I hope you get feeling better soon.

Beautiful card, though. I love how you used the colors, with all those gorgeous papers. Wow! And those flowers are fabulous, and I love that adorable Doily Details die-cut in yellow. Such a lovely, lovely card.

Get better soon, girl! ;-)

Marie said...

Oh My Goodness...what a fantastic collaboration of delightful eye candy! The mix of DPs, the doily, the rolled roses and the affordable gingham bow all add up to an utterly marvelous work of art. Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card! Those papers are fab and the flowers are so gorgeous!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this is soooo pretty! I am inspired...just need time! I sure hope you are feeling better dear! Sounds like something got you good!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Sue Lelli. Love the papers, the lovely paper flowers... the doily looks great! Hope you are back to healthy by now! :o)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Those papers are completely FABULOUS, Sue! And your design is utterly scrumptious! TFS!

Beverly said...

Soooo beautiful! Love the color theme.
Feel better--it was nice seeing you for like two seconds the other day at stamp club!
XO

Shirley said...

How totally awesome! Very beautiful and you really did the challenge justice with your lively card, Sue!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so soft and pretty, and your rolled-roses are always perfect!
Hope you feeling better after the doctor's visit!

Cyndie said...

Oh, these are such lovely patterns together! Love the paper roses and the bright yellow ribbon! I hope you are feeling better by now!

Lisa Elton said...

Hope you're on the mend Sue! Just take a peek at your own cheerful card and it will perk you right up! Love the sweet little flowers and the yellow gingham ribbon!

Marge said...

ONE word -- WOW!!! This is so STUNNING!!! LOVE it in every detail!!! What a fun color combo too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Gorgeous! Love that Toile pattern peeking out at the top.