This first card is for my parent's 57th wedding Anniversary! Wow! I can't even imagine being married that long! I added lots of bling to make this a really special card for them.
This second card is for a friend of theirs who has been so kind to them. The funny detail on this card is the silver ribbon. It is something I cut out of her blouse when she met us for dinner. You know those obnoxious things that are meant to hold your blouse on a hanger but just end up sticking out of your neck or armpit? Well I cut them out of her blouse for her and told her I was going to use it on a card! I can't wait until she receives it! It's a Thank You card to her for being a good friend to my parents and watching out for them.
My third card I can't post on my blog until February 1st, 2012. CARDS Magazine asked if they could publish it in their January 2012 magazine and I am over the moon! This is my first publication and it was a goal of mine for this year. I wanted to be published and realized if I didn't send something in for publication, it would never happen. So I took the plunge and they liked it! I want to thank my blog friend Lynn Miller who told me a long time ago I should send something in to a magazine and try to get published. I FINALLY took your advice. Thanks Lynn for your encouragement!
That's all for now. I hope you all have a GREAT week!






26 comments:
Perfection Sue - Damask, black and pink(?), they are just beautiful. Congrats on your publication, that too was one of my aims this year and am still eagerly awaiting the Papercrafts Card Ideas, which I think is out in the US (have been paid - that's always nice). Can't wait to see card No 3 next year.
How amazing !!! A publication, WOW !!!
So happy for you, you must be over the moon!!
congrats on your 1st publication, sue! and look at these cards--perfect examples why you should send your cards into the mags! so beautiful and was full of clever ideas--like the recycled ribbon! can't wait to see your pub card!
Oh Sue a BIG congrats to you and HUGS from me! I do the same thing...won't happen until you submit it LOL (and I still haven't!). Love what you did with the ribbon dangly thingy!!! We stampers have an eye for some fun things don't we :)
WHOA -- you just told me about that & BAM -- you're published!!! WOW, I'm SOOO HAPPY for you! CONGRATULATIONS -- I know a FAMOUS person!!! Too COOL!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!
And I'm totally laughing about the hanger you cut from a friends' clothing -- I've done that several times, but have yet to actually use those I've saved -- weird minds think alike?!!! LOL!!! BOTH cards are fabulous with their black/pink and damask theme!!!
Sue I am so so happy for you. Woohoo one of your cards is going to be PUBLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be on cloud nine. Stay there hun and enjoy! Congratulations! Bring in the champaign please :)
I love the cards you're showing us today. The combo of the chandelier and the damask pattern is classic and chic. Your parents are lucky to have a multi talented and super creative daughter!They will LOVE this card!
I LMBO about the story that goes with the second card. Brilliant idea and I know for sure their friends will love it. And again; a fabulous use of damask patterns.
I am in awe....
Hugs and have a great day!
X
Sue - I'm so pleased and excited for you. I can't wait to see the card that's going to be published!!! Have a glass or two to celebrate!
Both the cards you've shared today are stunning. I love the pink and black. The anniversary card for your parents is so elegant - love the chandelier and damask patterns. Many congratulations to your parents on 57 years. If I get to celebrate my 57th anniversary I'll be 97 years old!!! And the other card is just fab - I do like the ribbon across the damask pattern.
Hugs, xxx
WOW Sue!!! What exciting news indeed!!!! FIrst of all - your cards are AMAZING!!! Congrats to your parents for 57 years together!!! WOW!!!
He, he!!! Love that you found a use for the hanger thingies from shirts - it looks awesome!
Finally - WOW!!! HUGE congrats!! So glad to see you accomplish one of your goals!!! So well deserved my friend - and I couldn't be happier for you! Make sure you frame your first copy!!!
Gorgeous cards, love the contrast of the colors, congratulations on your publication.
Yahooo Sue! Congrats on your publication! What great news! These cards are so pretty! Very elegant and classy looking!
Both cards are great!
Can hardly wait to see your card in Cards!!!!
Do you do autographs?
XO
Beautiful card, pink and black is just a lovely combo, and congrats on your publication!!! YAY!!
Sue, both of your cards are fabulous!! Love the pink and black and love the stamps. Your friend is going to love what you did with her ribbon. I never get ribbon on my clothes; just that ugly clear plastic stuff. What a great idea you did with the ribbon. And CONGRATS, my friend. I can't wait to get my hands on the magazine to see your published creation. I know it's awesome. You do beautiful work. You go girl!
A huge CONGRATULATIONS Sue! I'm so happy for you as your cards totally rock! You'll have to take a pic of the page so I can see it! 57 years ...WOW! I have another 52 years to go!!! They are going to love their card.
I know what you mean about the ribbon, it's a great length for card-making, she's going to be so surprised.
Have a fab weekend.
Katie x
Happy news Happy news! Doing the happy dance for you! I told you!!! Sue your cards are gorgeous! They are just oozing with elegance! 57 years is just precious! I hope your Mom is doing well!
A massive CONGRATULATIONS on getting published. These cards are gorgeous.
May your parents have a wonderful anniversary..57yrs...Wow...I can't begin to imagine how they've done it....god bless them xx
These cards are amazing! Love the story too on the second one, and an even better story for your third card that we have to wait to see in a magazine! Congrats!
Can't wait to see you in Cards! Congratulations!!! Love your story about the ribbon...too cute and wonderful results!
Beautiful!!!
WOW such beautiful cards!! Your parents are going to love their anniversary card. Again, can't wait to see your card in Cards!
Hugs,
Congratulations on your upcoming publication. Love the pink and black combo with the classy Damask design. I am sure everyone loved their cards. :)
Hugs~
I love the pink and black color combo especially with damask. Really sweet card.
Two wonderful cards, and many congratulations for your parent's long marriage, what a goal to achieve! Your card for your parent's friend will surely be appreciated, it's beautiful!
Congrats to you too on getting published, I'm surprised you haven't before now! We don't get this publication in the UK, so when it does come out make sure you do a nice post showing us YOUR creation in a magazine!! I'm looking forward to seeing it! xx
These are beautiful, Sue! I love the contrast of the black against the lighter colors- it's so chic!
Congratulations on your first publication! I remember what the was like; I scared my brother from my scream. :) Glad you took the plunge and submitted- can't wait to see your card!
That's wonderful news about being published, Sue! What an honor, and I'm glad you achieved your goal. :) Your parents' card and their friend's card are both beautiful, and I too love using little things you can clip off garments, such as tags or little safety pins, etc. We crafters are a thrifty bunch!!
Golly what fantastic news, Sue. Congrats you deserve it you are a fabulous designer. The pink and black are marvelous together, just stunning! There aren't enough adjectives to describe your talent. You go girl!
Post a Comment