(My DeNami Blog Hop card can be found here!)
This week's CAS-ual Fridays #6 Challenge is so much FUN! You have to combine three of the elements that make Tic Tac Toe to create your card. I chose emboss, felt, and twine.
I combined it with the woodgraining technique that is this week's Challenge at JUGS #88. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with this card I made for Dear Old Dad for Father's Day. He will Love it!
Here is my card:
First I watched the woodgraining technique video which you can see here. My card base paper is SU Soft Suede. The ink I used is SU Whisper White and then SU Soft Suede.
The felt letters are from Making Memories and were in my stash waiting for the right card to use them on! I heat embossed "there's no one like you" from PTI's Friendship Flowers stamp set.










32 comments:
such a fabby masculine card!!! Love the touch of blue it really makes the card pop!!! HUgs Juls
Brilliant, love the wodgrain effect :0
Jenny x
I think it's sheer Father's Day perfection, Sue!!! I LOVE it in every way and masculine cards are sooo tough -- your nailed that part with this one!!!
That is *cool*, Sue!! Your woodgrain looks terrific. What a super card for your Dad!!
Gosh Sue you nailed it on the head with your woodgrain technique - I LOVE how the Dad pops off the card and the twine and copper eyelet are perfect embellies. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate the support!!
Oh Sue! I adore this! Great take on both challenges...and I love the eyelet for the twine.
Oh wow! I love what you've done with the wood technique! And the little eyelet and the copper pipes!! Love that carefully thought out element :D Your dad will too!! Wonderful card Sue and I'm so glad you shared it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Incredible card. Perfect. I love the wood grain effect. You captured it perfectly. I just love everything about this card.
How COOL! I love this, Sue! Love the twine treatment and the wood grain looks FAB!
Wow! It's just perfect Sue! Love it to pieces! :)
Love this masculine card! I just learned this technique at stamp club, but a little differently, must try it this way! The wood grain looks fabulous as the backdrop to the turquoise letters :) Thanks for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
Perfection in every detail and I LOVE your take on that woodgrain technique.
This is a stunning fathers' day card. I am in love with it....:)Wow!!
Looks great Sue, in fact, like real wood!!! And the blue with is just pops. Very CAS for you, ooh and I just noticed the rivets, nice touch.
This is amaaaaazing!
You will have to demo it at stamp club.
XO
b
Super fabulous! Love the wood planks and the baker's twine through the eyelets - awesome masculine effects! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again and share more of your beautiful work!
AWESOME! Love the way "DAD" jumps off the page with the color. Great technique. Love it!
Love this wood grain technique. Perfect for a masculine card. I love how you used the copper colored eyelets and how it reminds you of your memories of your dad. Great card!
My goodness Sue! This is STUNNING!!! What a FABULOUS take on the woodgrain technique!! Holy moly - it looks just like dark hardwood!!!! AMAZING! Love the turquoise color of the felt Dad!!! GORGEOUS work! Thanks for playing along with JUGS!
I LOVE this card! I really like the way the wood grain turned out on your card - may have to try my own!
Wow. That is one amazing technique and it looks great on your card! Love the little grommet for your twine. Great job. Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!
Wow, you got that technique DOWN! Looks amazing! The blue really pops too!
Perfect for father's day!
Sue... LOVE how your woodgrain turned out and the eyelet with the twine around the side is brilliant! Fab color!
Such a cool card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura
wow...this is cool...looks like a really macho card...and thanks for having sweet comments in my blog..and do come back for more..
Hey, look at you, a winner, and a most deserved one.
Oh now this is so cool! I love the turquoise against the dark background. Love what you did with the twine and eyelet too, it looks so effective.
Have a fab weekend.
Katie x
Such a wonderful card for your dad, the woodgrain looks amazing! Love the pop of turquoise against the wood. Gorgeous!
The twine bow is great
Very cool! This technique goes perfectly with your card for dad. I love how you kept it simple with the twine and letters and made it simply PERFECT that way!
A really wonderful card and the wood grain technique is just perfect with your textured sentiment!
Sue this is such a FABULOUS Man card!!! Love your woodgrain, So Amazing!
Big Hugs to you!
Shannon 8-)
Post a Comment