Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays - CFC-1 - Congratulations!


(CR84FN27 can be found Here!)

I made a card to Congratulate my blog friends for starting this Super Fun New Challenge!
Here's my card:
I printed the typewriter onto cardstock and cut it out around the turquoise lines.  I matted this on Pure Poppy from PTI.  I made a slit above the typewriter ribbon and slipped a piece of paper with a rolled top into the typewriter.  On the paper I stamped CONGRATS you did it! with PTI's Just the ticket.

Then for the text, I stamped congratulations over and over from PTI's around and about sentiments!  I added the red twine to underline my text.

Hope you like it!  And a HUGE CONGRATS for a successful first (with many more to come!) challenge!

Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

peggy gatto said...

What a great idea!!!
Very fun card!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Shut up!!! This is so stinkin' clever, and I'm sure very much appreciated by it's recipient. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this, you really rocked the challenge, Sue!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely brilliant!! Love the twine beneath the text - and I adore the typewriter.

Andrea M said...

This is fantastic Sue!!! Love how you printed off the typewriter!!! Brilliant! How sweet of you to congratulate them! It is a pretty sweet challenge blog!!! Great job GF!!!

Lynn said...

I love this Sue! The twine underlining the text is fabulous!

Brenda said...

That is just too clever Sue! Love the added twine under the text! Perfect!

Tigriswillreign said...

Great minds think alike, I guess! ;) I LOVE how you used their fabulous graphic on your card! I was so tempted to use their colors, too! Good think I went with something girly... ;)

Emily Keaton said...

This is adorable, Sue!! I love how you did the lines of text with the baker's twine in between. :)

Julie Ranae said...

Oh good grief! This is AdOrAbLe!!! What a great way to get the text in for the challenge and it's so fun to have you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

SO DARLING!! LOVE ENTIRE DEIGN!Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Sue, such a wonderful idea!! Love the layers of twine and text, a wonderful card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun card Sue. Love the black and red... the twine is the perfect touch. :o)

Paulina said...

This card is amazing, Sue! Definitely a winner in my book! Love the twine that you added in between the text- it's the perfect touch!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Sue! Love the "vintage" typewriter! So sweet of you making a card for your friends challenge :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Sue! I love the colours and the way you strung twine between the rows of 'congratulations'. It makes a great anchor for the image!

Laura Davis said...

Awwwwww this is so cute!!
Thanks for playing CAS!
Laura

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Definitely the coolest card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Get out!! This is GENIUS! love it, love it, love it! :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

You...ROCK! I LOVE this with big texty puffy hearts!! Super fun and just love the thought behind it!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I'm so glad you played in our first ever challenge at CAS-ual Fridays! :D

Dana said...

*thud* You just stole my heart Sue. This is beyond clever, and so original and creative. A fabulous creation for this text challenge. SO happy you joined us this week at CAS-ual Fridays...we are lucky to have you!

smdluxe said...

This is fab! I love it! Even the text between the twine.

Laurie said...

OK! Look how creative you are! I love it! This is so fun! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Stella said...

Hello sweetie! I am back after a lot of trouble with my back. And i still have to catch up....

This card??? WOw! Sue no matter what style or color...there is always something stunning and breathtaking to look at when I'm lurking around here :)
I love the elegant simplicity of this beauty
(do you know what I mean; oh my english is horrible...)
It;s good to be back :)
Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs and love
Stella
X

Juls said...

this is such a fun card! Love it!! Hugs Juls