I am really excited about the colors for this week at CR84FN18! I found the most FABULOUS web site late one night when I couldn't sleep. I was looking for pics that Mona could use that were unique, inspirational, and had FUN colors to create with. I found Embrace Life Photography and contacted them about using their photos. If I was getting married and lived in California, this is the photographer I would want for my special day! Go check them out and then GET INSPIRED by this color graphic!
For additional inspiration, check out the cards from the other CR84FN Desigh Team members in my sidebar as well as our very SPECIAL Guest Designer for the month of March ~ Deb Hickman at A World of Imagination! She has been a loyal player at CR84FN and not only makes BEAUTIFUL cards and scrapbook pages, but she leaves lots of comments! Go to her blog and leave her some LOVE!
Now here's MY card for this week's CR84FN Color Challenge:
I was inspired by the sugar on the cupcakes and the cupcake liner! You can see both in this close up picture! The "sugar" on the PTI background flower is Chunky glitter from SU. I ran the leaves and the yellow scallops through my often neglected but much loved crimper to get that ridged effect of the cupcake liner!For additional inspiration, check out the cards from the other CR84FN Desigh Team members in my sidebar as well as our very SPECIAL Guest Designer for the month of March ~ Deb Hickman at A World of Imagination! She has been a loyal player at CR84FN and not only makes BEAUTIFUL cards and scrapbook pages, but she leaves lots of comments! Go to her blog and leave her some LOVE!
Now here's MY card for this week's CR84FN Color Challenge:
I used my new PTI doily die to put my roses on. Can't get enough of these roses! (The edges have embossing powder on them.)
The polka dot paper and the flowered paper are two sides of the same paper.
So that's my card! I hope you like it! Now go make something FABULOUS!
So that's my card! I hope you like it! Now go make something FABULOUS!
RECIPE:
- Paper - Creative Imagination Double Vision, Little Yellow Bicycle, PTI Orange Zest, SU Kraft
- Ink - SU Chocolate Chip
- Crimper
- SU Scalloped Edge Punch
- Glitter - SU Chunky clear
- Die Cuts - PTI Doily, Sizzix Leaves 654999, Sizzix Flowers 3-D, PTI Flowers








42 comments:
This card is so pretty Sue! I love that orange doily and all those beautifully handmade flowers! The textured foiliage and sugary glitter put it right over the top!
I see you got the new PTI doily die. Love it! These colors are great Sue. Great find on the photography site too. They are amazing! Your card is a perfect blend of this weeks colors. Love the leaves... :)
Hugs~
Sue, this is a beautiful card, full of zing! Makes me want to eat some oranges lol! Love the papers, and I like how you have shown both sides-is it just me, but it does pain me to use a beautiful paper when i know there's another beautiful patter underneath? Like you idea here, and may give it a go! xxx
I love it! I love how bold your orange is, but it's still a beautiful tone. I have yet to get a crimper, but I sure love the effect it can give, and I love that you were inspired to create that from the cupcake liners! This is gorgeous Sue!
Sue, what a "shock" (NOT) that you'd want that Doily die -- LOL!!! Your card is absolutely beyond fabulous -- those luscious colors, precious flowers, those awesome crimped leaves & that "sugar" -- pure sweetness, GF!!!
Maybe a sleepless night but the result is gorgeous. I'm glad you found that site:) I love your take on this weeks'colors. The doily and flowers are stunning and these leaves look great! That envelope looks gorgeous too; love that paper!
Sue, your card is absolutely magnificent! Your flowers are so inspiring; what perfect centerpieces for this fab design! Great job finding this photographer too; these images are divine. Perfect colours!
Sue, I'm speechless, you have outdone yourself. Not only is this an amazing colour scheme but your card (and envelope) are just divine. Hope you had more success with chunky glitter than I do.
Stunning card,Sue. I love that doily die with your beautiful flowers and wow the decorated envelope finishes it off perfectly.xxx
P.s. Thank you for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it and so happy to be part of the team this month.xxxx
I just love that paper it is so cheery! Love that you lined the inside of your envelope too! Beautiful card! so happy and bright!
LOVE this!!!
Oh MY! I had forgotten about the PTI doilies......I've moved them to the top of my wishlist! Beautiful card with these bright colors!
Oh WOW Sue, this is STUNNING! I adore these colors (yellow and orange are 2 of my favorite colors), and the card you've created here showcases them beautifully (not to mention that gorgeous lined envelope!!) The embossed leaves are a perfect grounding element for the bright colors! Outstanding!
Such a gorgeous card, Sue! Love the beautiful rolled roses, sweet sugar and doily behind it all!
OMG, Sue, this is such a fabulous card! I love that PTI doily and those magnificent flowers you made! You did a wonderful job incorporating these colors; very inspiring!
just love what you've done here, sue:) beautiful flower with the embossed edges and lovely design overall! the crimped leaves and doily take it over the top! hope all is well with your mom:)
Beautiful BD card - love the added roses and glitter!
Gorgeous and oh so creative card, Sue!!! Love the way you used these colors! Your PP are so elegant and I love the beautiful flower embellishment you made! So creative! This is definitely one of my favorites this week! You are so talented!
Such a beautiful card!!! I love your centerpiece! Those roses matched with the flower and doily are amazing! Great job, Sue!
That is just so BEAUTIFUL, beautiful colors, beautiful details, and beautiful rolled flowers!!!! LOVE IT!
Sue, those roses look good enough to eat (eat?? Yeah, well, they look look scrumptious frosting roses to me!!!). I love everything about this card, and the sunny, citrusy colors are terrific. Adding that chunky glitter to look like sugar was inspired! This is one fantastic card. I hope I get time to play along this week!
Really amazing card, Sue! Your colors are fabulous and I love the gorgeous doily with your wonderful roses! What a magnificent focal point for this card!
Love how bright and cheery this card is and super cool with a matching envie! Your roses are perfection.
the roses are beautiful and love how you ran the leaves through the crimper!
Outstanding card, Sue! Those roses you made are absolutely divine! You should do a tutorial on how you make them so perfectly!
Wonderful Sue!!!! Love the "sugar" around the flower (said with lips a' smackin'!). Those roses are just gorgeous!!!! Love the mix of papers too girl!!! This card's got all kinds of "WOW" factor!!! Love it!
Beautiful card. I love, love that doily and the beautiful roses on it.
How absolutly Beautiful Sue!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog ...much appreciated for sure:) x
Just a gorgeous card!!!!!!
Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the doily and your beautiful roses!!!
This is so pretty! I love the paper roses, and the outline of glitter on the flower layer underneath them!! Great job!! ♥♥♥
Just gorgeous! Your flowers are just perfect and you made these colors look sooooo good!!
Sue, this card ROCKS! Love everything about it!
Sue, this is just so bright and gorgeous! I love the doily and those flowers are AWESOME! Perfection! Hope Mom is well! :-)
Oh Sue you cards are always so beautiful and done to perfection.. I love the way you have crimped your leaves, the flowers and the matching envi.... Just Fabulous:)
Sa-weeet, Sue! HOW DO YOU DO! Don't know know that I ADORE you!?! YOU, you, you and your delicious crafts - how do you do it? I love WHERE you're at! I do not KNOW why I am rhyming, sooooo - it must be your TALENT and huge creative flow!
{Yikes!} Sorry, I'm only ON caffeine and the creative magic of your most GLORIOUS card craft! Yipeeee!
Sue - sorry to be so late in commenting on your beautiful card. I love all the texture and layers - those roses are just gorgeous. I really like the texture around the edge of the big flower.
And thank you for finding Adam's site - I spent a very happy hour just browsing - his picutres are stunning and some of those dresses are just wonderful!
Beautiful card, love the layering and texture, those roses are gorgeous and they add so much dimension to the design, not to mention that doily, just perfect. TFS
Simply stunning!
This is a masterpiece!! I LOVE every single inch of this card (and envelope), Sue!!! WOWZERS!!! Stunning!!
Hi Sue
I think is my 1st time here, now im your follower.
Wow! your card look so fabulous, love the flowers and the glitter.. and the envelope look great.
-Sony
Post a Comment