Saturday, February 26, 2011

CR84FN17 - Hydrangeas - Oh My!


I had so much FUN making my card for this week's CR84FN17 Color Challenge!  Once again, check out the inspiration cards from th other members of the CR84FN Design Team listed in my sidebar as well as the last card from our FABULOUS Guest Designer - Stella Schenkel!  You have been a SUPER addition this month to our Color Challenge!
Now on to my card!

I have been making different flowers with the McGill punches and for this week's card, I was determined to make this lovely hydrangea!  I ended up having to order it on Amazon and then I watched a Youtube video to see how to make it.  I am so HAPPY with how it looks on my card!  Each tiny flower is punched out, cupped, and glued to half a styrofoam ball!  I added pink pearls to each flower center.  They said to use a marker but why do anything half way??!  (Later my stamping friend said I could also try stick pins so maybe next time if I can find the colors I want.  I added green felt leaves and glued it on that dp with the flower image.  Then I stamped Happy Birthday in versamark and used white embossing powder to make it POP!  The label is Spellbinders #14 in the largest size. 
I used an impression plate on the white background and added this FAB seam binding and slide that says wish.  I cut the stick pin with a wire cutter so i wouldn't stick the person i am giving this card to!  LOL!  A little stitching and this envelope and it's ready to go! 
I am hand delivering this card cause it's WAY too fat to mail!  Plus I want to see her face when I give it to her!

I hope you like it ~ Let me know!

RECIPE:
  • Ink - Versamark, Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink, Colorbox Cat's Eye Frost White, White embossing powder
  • Paper - SU Pink Pirhouette, PTI White, Deja Views Fresh Print Fruit Juice
  • Dies - Spellbinder's Label 14 Largest Die PTI envelope insert
  • Impression Plate - PTI Giga Guidelines 1
  • Felt - PTI Simply Chartreuse
  • Ribbon Slide - All My Memories Heart
  • Pearls - Recollections - Michaels

Posted by Picasa

32 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

HOLY SMOKES Sue! I am in awe with your punched Hydrangea!!! I can not believe you made that beautiful creation with a punch!!! Love the fancy ribbon treatment!

Kim R. said...

OMG, this is such a wonderful card, Sue! I love those hydrangeas! So creative!

Deborah Frings said...

Magnificent!! The hydrangea is just wonderful. Everything about this card shows how much you care. I really like the label with the pretty white embossing and gorgeous ribbon. And matching envelope too! Awesome!

Pauline said...

Sue, this is divine!! Love the hydrangea arrangement, it's perfect, and I love all the background stamping too, so pretty.

Stella said...

Like it? Like it? Sue this is AMAZING AND OUT OF THIS WORLD BEAUTIFUL!!!Wow! I LOVE Hydrangeas and your masterpiece is to die for.
I am a fan! I can sit and watch this beauty for hours; into my favorite folder it goes!
Hugs,
Stella

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous punched flower and it looks fabulous! Loving the design too! Showcases your beautiful flower. The ribbon and charm are sweet touches!

Deb Hickman said...

Oh wow !!!!! That flower is amazing, I love it. The whole card is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing.

Deb xxxxx

Andrea M said...

Sue!!!! I had to go look up these punches when I saw this STUNNING piece of paper art!!! WOW! Those hydrangeas are GORGEOUS!!! And I love the DP (especially the matching envelope)!!! I love the look of stick pins but knowing me, I would stick myself with them! Your idea of trimming the pin is brilliant! FYI - there's a tutorial on splitcoast stampers for an envelope gift box for cards with larger embellies (it's the JUGS challenge this week;)) - it might work well in situations like this (of course it doesn't fix the mailing problem LOL!). Beautiful, inspiring work girl!

Michele Gross said...

Absolutely gorgeous! That hydrangea is the bomb!! Oh she is just going to love it!!

Marge said...

WOW - my DD & I think that flower is AMAZINGLY gorgeous!!! Your whole card is, from the gorgeous papers & embossed BG right down to your heart slide!!! (Next time you want to use stick pins for your flower, color white ones with your Copic, GF!) ;-) I LOVE everything about this card!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Sue! Your hydrangea is absolutely stunning.. love that you added tiny pearls to the center of each bloom.. FABULOUS center piece!

Paulina said...

Oh, this is just too beautiful! I can only imagine the time it took to create the hydrangea- I wish I had that much patience! You knocked this color combo out of the park!

Monique said...

Thud!! Seriously Sue.. You made that!!!!... Holy smoker-a-roos...Its beautiful. wow Now that's what I call creativity... I have save this and will one day try it.... LOve Love this.. !!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card, love the dimension on that wonderful hydrangea!

Emily Keaton said...

Ooooooooooo! Sue, that hydrangea is out of this world!! I am *so* impressed. You used these pretty challenge colors beautifully. Your crinkly ribbon treatment looks fabulous, and I love that slide/stick pin combo. Your friend is going to flip for this!

Heather Rogers said...

Such a lovely card and matching envelope. Love the Hdrangea you made. Fab work girly. :)
Hugs~

Unknown said...

Super pretty!! I've been watching the video on YouTube and I love your hydrangea turned out. Thank you for sharing.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

When I saw this in the gallery, I wondered if it really was that 3D... clearly it is! Just beautiful. A lot of patience, but so worth it, because the result is STUNNING. your friend is going to want to frame it! I also just love how you scrunched your seam binding - I have to remember to borrow that idea! Gorgeous Sue!!

I hope you and your family are all on the mend. Don't want to say so much here, but I am thinking of you!

My Paper Cut Bleeds Love said...

Your hydrangea is beautiful! I can tell you put a lot of time and love into your cards! Just lovely!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, my, SUE--i LOVE that flower, well, i love the whole card, but, that flower is amazing!!!

Diane Burns said...

The styro foam ball really brings the hydrangea to life. How beautiful, looks like the real thing! Worth the hand delivery.

Cassandra said...

Love the hydrangeas Sue, must have taken forever. And the little heart slide is just perfect. You have the best trinket stash!!!! Where do you find them

Silke Ledlow said...

Sue, your handmade hydrangea is the BOMB! Totally gorgeous card my friend! Hugs ~S~

Diane Jaquay said...

I love hydrangeas, and oh my goodness Sue, this is simply STUNNING!!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE your hydrangea flower. Now I want to give it a try myself. Everything about your card is beautiful! thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Ruby said...

WOW Sue! STUNNING, FABULOUS, GORGOUES and any other yummy words. LoVe it!

~Tammy~ said...

Jiminy Cricket would you look at that fascinating 3-D hydrangea arrangement! This is outstanding and should be PUBLISHED! Love the touches with the ribbon too! This is just outstanding Sue!

Dana Gustafson said...

Hello GORGEOUS! Sue! This card is so perfect in every way! I love, love, *LOVE* it! Thanks for sharing your secret on the stryfoam ball...I was wondering how you did that! Thanks so much for the CR84FN 17 inspiration!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOWZER! that Hydragea is simply GORGEOUS!

Angelica Turner said...

Amazing card, look at all those flowers. Beautiful design.

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow, I truly love the dimension of this card. SO stunning and eye-catching!

Kirsteen Gill said...

Sue, yet again a STUNNING card! You are one very talented lady!!