Is it wrong to make a card for YOURSELF???? The first thing I thought of when I saw these colors was the beach and I really wish I was there! I hate the cold and even though compared to the rest of the world it isn't really even that cold here, I'm still miserable. So I made this card for ME! Thanks Play Date for this color inspiration!
Here's my card! I took a lot of elements out of my beach stash drawer for scrapbooking so some of it I'm not even sure who the manufacture is. But I LOVE how it turned out and I am going to display it on my desk for ME until it turns warm! There is text stamped on the blue in silver which is difficult to photograph. The sand dollar paper is actually vellum. And LOL! the hanging shells were on a gift to me of coasters I received for Christmas. All of my friends know I LOVE anything beachy and I saved this to use on a card or a scrapbook page.
Here's a close up of the embellie I made. I make a circle out of thin rope and tied the shells on raffia to the twine. The summer rental silver charm is from JoAnn's. The brown "ribbon" is a paper ribbon doilie that has adheive on the back. LOVE it! And I edged the vellum and kraft with an EK Success wavy punch. I also used a PTI impression woodgrain plate in the kraft at the bottom to simulate the texture of the sand.
I hope you like it!







25 comments:
Love the shells, not your usual style but I love it. Thanks for your lovely thoughtful comment. We are fine but so many aren't. My husband is off tomorrow to help some friends and their neighbours who were badly affected. Recovery is going to take a very long time.
I am ready for spring but even more for summer :) And this card reminds me of sun, dinner in my garden and warm and lazy days :)
Gorgeous Sue! I love the take on the challenge and you embellsihments are stunning! I love the shells!
Absolutely gorgeous Sue!!! love the touch of seashells, make me miss long branch by the Jersey shore where we once have a place right in front of the ocean!
love the beachy feel to your card Sue and what a clever charm to finish it off! Great use of twine as well :) thanks for playing along at the PDCC this week!
Oh man...I do wish I was there...we've had a lot more snow than normal...and they are calling for more! Such a fun, fun card!
How calm and soothing and fantastic. I wish I were there, too!! Of course it's not wrong to make a card for yourself!! Just prop it up on the windowsill near where you stamp so you can enjoy it. It will distract you from being disheartened by all the snow out there. ;)
How cute! This card screams the beach. I have to admit I like the cooler weather, but even I am cold and that is not fun. Like you I keep thinking of my family in NW Indiana getting the lake effect snow and having to deal with snow and cold. Anyways, love how you came up with the rope embellishment. So creative!
Ahhhh, I'm dreaming of the beach and the warm sun on my face....it's heavenly. :) Great addition to this week's gallery at the PDCC. Love those seashells!
Lovely card! It looks so inviting! ^^
A beach theme? SO YOU!
Great card.
What a fabulous card Sue!!! Holy cow - so many gorgeous touches!!! I love that you made it for you!!! I'm going to have to use that philosophy!!! Love it!!! I like the winter but a beachy vacation sure would be nice! Have a great day!
Thud!!!! Excuse me I just picked my self up off the floor.... WOW this is amazing Sue... Love the seashells the summer rental charm the twine...Love it all....Wonderful card!!!!!
Sue, I make cards for me ALL the time! I mean, that's really my audience most of the time. Ha ha!
I like your dangling seashells, and I hope the card reminds you of the beach until warm weather returns. THanks for playing with us this week at The Cafe!
And will you be bringing your special beach chair to sit in as well? LOL! Sorry couldn't resist the giggle! :D Its wonderful Sue! I LOVE the seashells and the jute twine. Its pure beachy fabulousness and I'm so glad you played along with us at The Play Date Cafe!
This is one stunning card! I absolutely love all the texture you've brought to the design!
So great to have it and you in the gallery at The Play Date Cafe this week!
Very pretty card Sue! The beach scene is so you! Love all the fun embellishments especially the rental tag!
beautiful, original work, sue!
gorgeous!!! Love the seaside feel, the rope detail is perfect! Hugs Juls
I'm w/you GF -- I hate cold & I probably shouldn't complain since I live in the desert SW, but we've had more nights at or near freezing than any of our 19 years here! So much for global warming! ;`(
Your card is sooo fantabulous -- love all your little details: the seashells, that gorgeous vellum and how you made your sand -- simply stunning!!!
Lovely card Sue, it's SO your style! I love all of the extra details you've added to it, makes me want to go on holiday though! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!
Oooo! Sue, I love all the collection of elements you've used to create one, cohesive, beach beauty! Simply fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe.
So fun and creative Sue!! LOVE the beach!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe :)
Love love LOVE your cute card Sue!! I also thought beach when I first saw the colors, and I also wish I was there! :-) Thanks for playing along with this week's Play Date Cafe challenge!
What a clever clever card! I LOVE those shells and that twine--such a great card! FAB job:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:}
I LoVe it Sue, so much gorgeous detail. And it is a very healthy thing to make a card just for you! Good for the soul :) Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe this week :)
Post a Comment