It's time for another FUN Color Challenge at CR84FN10! Come play with us! Last week's first challenge was such a HUGE success that I encourage you to give it a shot! You have until Friday, January 14th at 11:50 Eastern time to post your card! Here are this week's colors to play with:
For my card this week, I decided to do what I like to do BEST when it comes to any type of challenge and that is to try something new and out of the ordinary (for ME at least!) I also want to start using some of the supplies I have been collecting for years! I pulled out my Making Memories paints and went to town on my stamp! I kinda like how abstract the image looks. I hope you like it!
In this pic you can see how juicy the flowers are! They aren't perfect crisp images and that's what I liked about stamping in paint.
Here you can see the sentiment which is a rub on! I pulled it out of my stash because I LOVED what it said paired with the flowers. I KNOW exactly who needs a card right now and I'm going to mail it to her! The border is an edge off of DP paper and I used it to tie all of the colors together.
This style is very different from last week's card but I hope this encourages some of you who are hesitating to play along! I LOVE it when I read, "This is my first challenge!" I also LOVE it when you have been playing forever! So grab those inks and papers and stamps and whatever, and go make something!
Also check out what the other DT members have created plus check out the Beautiful card our Guest Designer, Betty Wright, has to share with you!
Also check out what the other DT members have created plus check out the Beautiful card our Guest Designer, Betty Wright, has to share with you!
Sue Lelli
RECIPE:
- Ink - SU Baja Breeze
- Paper - Stemma purpla Graph paper, Creative Imaginations Honey Dew Die Cut Collection (border), BoBunny Ocean Dot, SU Baja Breeze, PTI White cardstock
- Stamps - SU Inspired by Nature, Tim Holtz Letter to Santa (text)
- Rub-Ons - Kelly Panacci for Sandy Lion
- Paint - Making Memories
- Buttons - PTI








29 comments:
This is wonderful, Sue! Love the painted flowers and the lovely abstract work of art you've created!
Beautiful card Sue! I love the textured painted flowers! What a fun and artsy technique!
Beautifully done, Sue! The paint is amazing and I really love your blend of the colors! Great tearing detailing, too! Lovely card!
Wow, Sue, I love the textured look with those painted stamps! Really unique! You continue to floor me with your designs!!! You have a new follower!!! TFS!
Sue,this is so not you!! What a great card and though the colours aren't really my thing, I hope I can find a bit of lavender something and have a go.
i cant believe I missed the last colour challenge...a week goes so quickly!!....This is a beautiful combo....i love your flowers, your sentiment is gorgeous!!! and I love all the torn edges!! Hugs Juls
Beautiful! Love those flowers and that you used a new techniques. Gorgeous torn edges to add a distressed effect!
WOW Sue! I love that you stamped the images in paint!!! Will have to definitely give this a try! It does look like a painting - love the softened look! Good for you getting outside your comfort zone! Great things happen as a result!!!
I've never tried stamping with paints - love the more textured effect it gives! Beautiful colors this week, too!
WHOA -- look at you -- I think you were meant to be on a DT!!! This is sooo fun and sooo CREATIVE, GF!!! Love all the details and your mix of torn paper -- dots/text/graph and that perfect sentiment with your gorgeous paint-stamped flowers!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
WOW! This is gorgeous!! I love the text background!!
WoWWWW!!!! What a very beautiful card!!! The colors and the textured flower really sets this card off! Like that little scallop too! Thank you for sharing
Beautiful card with great texture!
What a beauty, Sue! I love how your painted flower turned out. :)
How pretty! Love the design and sentiment, great use of the paints!
Love the painted effect! Turned out awesome! Love the inky distressed edges too-yummy!
Just luv the colors you used, so bright and deep, looks so kewl!
I think the paint looks sooo cool!! This is awesome :)
Sue, this is such a beautiful take on this weeks colors! I always loved this SU Set :) too!!! Hugs ~S~
What a great technique - and it looks fabulous, so vibrant.
A lovely card, would make a lovely wall hanging, it has that just brushed look!
I love the look from the paint. Great idea Sue. You could make some real artwork for your craft room too. :)
Another lovely card, really arty! Love the technique you've used, it's such fun colours too!!!
Love your card Sue. Haven't tried using paint with my stamps but I do like the look you achieved. You always come up with great ideas and inspire me.
I knew it! I knew it; you are multi talented!! I love this handmdae beauty; you are fabulous with paint did you know that?
This card is STUNNING!
I love how those flowers came out, Sue! The texture is awesome! I'm definitely going to have to try this technique.
What a cool technique. This card is awesome--it just knocks you out with all that color!!!
Wow look at this card Sue!!! So many different things going... You are a true Artist!! Love it!!
Oh my! Paint? Love it! This is beautiful - you are truly talented, Sue - thanks so much for sharing I am inspired every time I visit here.
Post a Comment