Thursday, December 16, 2010

Play Date Cafe #60 - Color Splash - Yellow!

I needed to make a card for my neighbor who showed up at my door yesterday with the most BEAUTIFUL flower arrangement (pic at end of post). She said she wanted me to know how much she appreciated me for keeping the neighborhood informed by email and working to improve our neighborhood by serving on our HOA. WOW! What a LOVELY surprise! So I took out my never been used PTI Larger than Life stamps and dies and started playing. Thanks Play Date Cafe for inspiring me with another FABULOUS Challenge!
This is the first card I made. I stamped several images on PTI white and clear embossed them. I die cut several images from white, stamped them in black, and clear embossed those as well. I stitched with black around the edges and distressed them. The PTI mat stack 4 die became the background for the black stem and yellow flower I made by using the flower die to cut out several layers. To make the top layer look dimensional and distressed, I sprayed the paper with my stamp cleaner! I know, I know, I am supposed to use water but I was too lazy to go downstairs and get a spray bottle. Well my laziness paid off because my flower with the black shiny brad looks exactly how I wanted it to! I finished my card off with a black satin bow and the PTI Signature saying - So Sweet of You! Now for my next card ~

Using my same stamp set and dies, I stamped the largest image several times in black and made it shine with clear embossing powder. I just LOVE the black on black look. I stitched around the edges with black, distressed the edges, and mounted it on the PTI Lemon Tart paper. I used the Mat Stack 4 die again but stamped it with text from the Tim Holtz stamp set Letters to Santa. I placed a flower and stem cut out from the die set on this background and then I tied a piece of Zebra ribbon from my blog friend Lynn Mangan. She included it in a blog candy gift I won on her FAB blog! She said she thought I might like to use it one day and look at this ~ I LOVE it on this fun and funky card!

Here's a close up of my flower and ~

Here are the real live flowers my neighbor gave me! I am a lucky lucky girl!!
Hope you like my cards!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

These are awesome!! Love the pop of yellow!

peggy gatto said...

wonderful card!!!
And since I love flowers above all, I enjoyed seeing your blog!!!

Lin said...

You WERE inspired! Love both your cards! And thanks so much for stopping over at my blog and your lovely comments.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Both are beautiful, very elegant too!

Marge said...

Oh I LOVE them both -- that Zebra ribbon is sooo fun!!! Your flower sprayed with stamp cleaner (you're TOO funny) turned out gorgeous! Your stamp room must be a fun place -- even without water -- LOL!!!

Paulina said...

Both of these cards are so pretty! Love the colors for this challenge, and you rocked those stamp sets!

This lady (and everyone else in your neighborhood) is so lucky to have you for a neighbor. You are a sweet blog friend- I'm sure you are the best neighbor ever!

TuKara said...

Très élégant!.
Fleurs du voisin est beau geste;)

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of your cards are very pretty Sue! That yellow flower is incredible! The real bouquet is gorgeous too :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I am in love with how you used that frame as a way to highlight the flower with color; so clever. Great job Sue, and that was so sweet of your neighbor.

Stella said...

Sue I knew it..you're soooooo talented. I love both takes on the challenge; these cards are gorgeous! I LOVE them! And the bouquet from your neighbor too

Ruby said...

Your cards are beautiful as ever Sue! I really like the way you've done the label, must try that! I LOVE that black and white ribbon too, yummy. Your flowers are gorgeous, you must be as lovely in real life as you are in blogland, I always love the comments you leave :) Thanks for playing along with us in the PDCC this week!

Lavender Rose said...

Your cards are beautiful and unique and your flowers are lovely too.

Michele Gross said...

Back and forth I go between the 2 and I just CAN'T choose a favorite!! You do such lovely work :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Hey Sue, my email is kirstyvittetoe123@gmail.com, we'll talk there! : )

Andrea M said...

Hey Sue! Well take a look at these STUNNERS!!! WOW! That striped ribbon is perfect :) What a GORGEOUS bouquet! I know you must be a wonderful neighbor!!! So nice of your neighbor to give you these :)

Emily Keaton said...

You nailed that PDCC color combo with these, Sue!! What great cards. You are indeed a lucky girl to receive such a beautiful bouquet!

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely cards, the flower is simply stunning, both cards are wonderful creations. Tracy Evans x x

farmhouse-story said...

just gorgeous, stunning cards, sue!

Tracey said...

BOTH cards are GORGEOUS!!!! WOW!! FAB job Sue!

Unknown said...

wow!! both cards are beautiful!!

Maria said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Fiona said...

both of those cards are just delightful :)

Jinny Newlin said...

I just LOVE your yellow flowers, Sue! And the real flowers... You ARE one lucky lady!

Paul B said...

Beautiful, stunning cards. The accent of yellow on the flowers is perfect. It really draws your eye in. Very chic designs. Px

Beverly Montez said...

beautimous!
I love that splash of yellow with the black.

Julie Ranae said...

You never cease to amaze me, Sue...this is one beautiful card and a perfect 'splash'! Merry Christmas from The Play Date Cafe.