Monday, October 18, 2010

Have you EVER made a card you DIDN'T want to give away????

This is it. This is the card I made for my niece's wedding which is this Friday night. (I am at my parent's home in Florida and we are driving to the wedding together.) I just am in LOVE with this card and I'm experiencing separation anxiety!

This is the inside of the card (before my husband and I signed it with our terrible handwriting!) I LOVE how it turned out with the pale pink damask stamp behind the black sentiment. Yes, I know, I'm being ridiculous and could make another one but it's never the same as your first....
I'm reposting it on my blog so I can say Good-Bye to it one last time! Big Sigh!
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so soft and pretty, I love the pale pink with black, very elegant!

Lynn said...

Beautiful Sue!!

Andrea M said...

I remember this stunner!!! Love it!
I've made cards I didn't want to give away - some because they looked like poop! HAHAHA!! Just kidding - I definitely have a couple of cards that are my favs and am holding onto :) At least you have the pics and you could recreate it if your separation anxiety persists!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Been there, done that! Maybe we can start a support group for those of us who have trouble letting go. :)

Laurel said...

I can see why you don't want to give it away it is beautiful!

Michele Gross said...

Its spectacularly beautiful. The best gifts are the one's you want for yourself :) I'm sure she's going to love it!!

Marge said...

You'll feel better about being separated from your fabulous card when you see what joy it brings your niece! What a lovely wedding card & knowing the love that went into it makes it even more special!!! Hope the wedding is joyous and memorable for your whole family!

Heather Rogers said...

Funny! Yes, the card I just posted today. This is so pretty. Love the pink, white, and black. She will love it. :)

Beverly Montez said...

GORJUS!!!!!
You outdid yourself on this one, girlfriend!
I say make another one to keep :-) You may need it in April for a birthday card.

Betty Wright said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! Beautiful design and detailing! Which sizzix die cut are you using to make those roses? Beautifully done!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card tfs!!!

Loretta said...

She is going to love it. It's beautiful.

Loretta said...

And by the way - I love the inside too. So elegant.

Ruby said...

This is beautiful Sue, I can see why you don't want to part with it. I love how you've done the inside too! That heart is GORGEOUS!

Monique said...

LOL...I hear ya Sue.. I have boxes full of cards and I still go and buy them at Walmart when I need to give one away.. Unless the card goes to somebody who will really appreciate it.lol.. This card is truly a piece of work and I am sure your niece will treasure it forever!!

Rae said...

I'm laughing because your post is funny, but oh so serious at the same time. I am ashamed at how many cards I make that I hate to give away. So I try to gather them up once a year and take them to a family gathering and allow everyone there to take what they want. It is hard, but what will we do with all the cards we create.
Your card is so beautiful that I totally understand your feelings. But you can always swing back to this page to spend a little time with it in the future. : D
PS. Once again your color combo is the best!