At wee Memories by Jenny Suchin, the challenge was to create a card celebrating something. I combined this with the challenge at Just Add Ink where their challenge was to Just Add Blue in honor of Anxiety and Depression Awareness month and to send a card Just Because.I made this card for my son who overcame a lot and is now a sophomore in college. He suffers from anxiety and depression as a result of being bullied from middle school on. But now he's on the right track, studying hard, and making a future for himself. I am going to send him this card to let him know how proud we are of him!
In our books, he is a STAR! Maybe I'll slip a $20 in there just in case the card isn't enough!! LOL!
The other thing I'd like to point out about this card is that it also could have been a birthday, graduation, sports accomplishment, or any other celebratory card. I'm sure I'll use the design again for another occasion!
The paper and ink is SU Not Quite Navy (and a leftover scrap of random turquoise cardstock). I clear embossed all of the ink. The background flourishes were clear embossed with versamark. The stamp sets are CTMH's Shining Star and PTI's Say It With Style. Hope you like my card!







19 comments:
Sue, Gorgeous card. I am sure that your son will absolutely love it...and you're right it could be used for so many occasions. I'm sorry to hear that your son has battled with depression. Most importantly I am so happy to hear how well he is doing now.
Fondly, Lynn
This is so sweet Sue. Love the blue and this is perfect for him. I am sure the $20 is a bonus! :)
Gorgeous card, I am sure your son would love it!
Wonderful card Sue! Love the clear embossing, makes everything shine-just like a star should :)
I'm sure he's going to be thrilled to get this...and the $20 too! :) Glad you played with us at Wee Memories!
Fabulous card Sue! I'm sure your son will love it!!! I'm so sorry to hear that bullying has led to depression and anxiety - it's wonderful to know that he's overcoming though!!! I'm sure with such wonderful support he'll just continue to shine! Wonderful work girl!!!
Precious card Sue both inside & out! I am sure your son will cherish this! I am sorry to hear about the bullying but happy to know he persevered & is doing well :) I know he will appreciate the $20 too - that is coffee & a bagel for these college kids! At least that is what mine would purchase! :)
I LOVE your design & it totally could be used for sooo many occasions -- great versatility! My heart goes out to your family for what your son had to go through as a child -- it should never hurt to be a child. I'm sooo happy for all of you that things are working out and he's flourishing in college now! He deserves to be happy!!!
I just love this. Gorgeous stamps and a gorgeous design. I'm sure your son will love it! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink and supporting Anxiety and Depression Awareness Month.
That's a fabulous card, Sue - and I love even more that you're sending it to your son. I have two little boys who I try to impart something positive to everyday - I think if your kids know you're on their side, even when the world may not be, they'll grow up being more secure people. Good on you.
This is gorgeous Sue, your son will certainly appreciate it, even if he does head straight for the note inside ;) He sounds like an incredible, brave little/big guy. Children can be so cruel sometimes, I only hope what goes around, comes around.
Hugs, Katie x
oh pretty, LOVE teal! that star really stands out. congrats on being picked for the moxie fab challenge! ;)
Sue, this IS a gorgeous card. I love that each layer has a different pattern on. It makes for such an interesting card. Of course, I am really attracted to the clean and crisp lines. Your son is going to love it.
Huge congrats on being chosen for moxiefabworld. Very well deserved.
this is a cause close to my heart - as it is, obviously, to yours.
hugs
jaydee
Hi Sue!
I think this is a fabo male card and your son will just love it because it was made by YOU!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. You asked what stamp I used with the stripes - its a lable stamp from the Curly Label stamp set by SU! It was sold as a bundle with the matching punch! I think its retired now - but I LOVE it and use it alot! It makes for quick and easy stuff! lol
Karen
x
Another stunner Sue, where do you get all your brilliant ideas from, definitely one talented lady. I have a near 8yo daughter and bullying has come up in mild forms even in Grade 2. I hope we have given her the tools to deal with it. but only time will tell. So good to hear your son came through it all.
It's so good to hear that your son is doing better now. It's heartbreaking when your child is unhappy. How wonderful to read that he's doing great!
I love the card; and that $20 will be the icing on the cake :)
Hi Sue,
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I was heading for Orlando Florda. It's a shame I had to cancel the flight. It would have been amazing as I had planned to meet up with 3 other crafters from all over the UK. 'Maybe next time :)
I think when the kids are a little older we'll all go to Disney, it's got to be done when they still believe in all the magic!
Take care, enjoy your week.
Katie x
Gorgeous card! Love the overall design. Thank you for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)
As requested, my email address is cassian1@ozemail.com.au
Your son sounds like a special guy. I'm sure he'll love this awesome card! Thanks for playing the WMC this week!
Post a Comment