Thursday, July 22, 2010

FTL 99 - Clean and Simple!

When I read on the Clean & Simple Challenge that Natasha made her card in 10 minutes - I must admit I was intrigued! Most of my cards take hours cause I keep adding or taking away or just futzing in general. But using the sketch and keeping it clean was like magic! And I am so pleased with the result!
I liked the black and white of the sketch and applied it literally. Instead of coloring the daffodil like I always do and cutting it out which takes so much time, I just stamped a crisp black image and put the yellow for the daffodil behind that Fabulous sentiment from this PTI set. If it wasn't so late at night, I would make a complete set with all of the PTI Year of the flower sets in black and white with a pop of color behind the sentiment. What a great gift that would be! Hope you like my CAS card!
RECIPE:
Paper - PTI black, white, lemon tart
Ink - SU Basic Black
Punches - Corner rounder, Martha Stewart Latice Edge
Ribbon - Who knows - I'm a collector!!!
Stamp Set - PTI Year of the Flowers - Daffodil

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Sue, very elegant card...great job!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is sooooo pretty!

Karen said...

Sue this is just so pretty! I love the elegance a black and white card gives! Great job!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Karen
x

Diane Jaquay said...

OMG, this is really gorgeous Sue! It's amazing how wonderful that flower looks without being colored! And the pop of yellow for the sentiment is just perfect (gotta get some yellow in there for a daffodil card ;)

Ravengirl said...

This is a beautiful card! Leaving the image uncolored would be so hard for me to do, but it is striking here!

Shelley said...

Sue, I love your FTL card! So elegant! Thanks so much commenting on mine! Don't you just love this sketch? Oh, and I am with you, I never make a 10 minute card. I do a lot of futzing, too! Hey, some times that futzing pays off and you create something really great!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is very dramatic in black and white with the pop of yellow for the sentiment. I like the combo of the loopy border and diamond patterned paper.

Davi said...

Black and white are always so classy. This is really beautiful. The cas works so well on it!!

Loretta said...

Another great card, Sue. So pretty.

jaydee said...

Sue
GORGEOUS - I love the monochromatic color scheme - it is really stunning, especially with this image. Really beautiful.
hugs
jaydee