Isn't this a GREAT sketch? This is Laura's Sketch #57 from 2 Sketches 4 You and I REALLY wanted to use it on this card!Nothing screams Garden Mail like these stamps! I LOVED them so much when they first came out that I bought three sheets of them just because! They were my inspiration for this card.
This violet is from PTI's Year of Flowers - Violet -stamp set. I stamped it in black versaink (so the ink wouldn't bleed when I colored it) and I colored the violet with Copic markers. I'm not a big fan of coloring but I LOVE these markers. I just played around and also used the zero pen to make it look as real as possible. Then I used pop dots to make it stand out.
Does the strip of paper with Love and the cart of flowers look familiar? It's right off of the stamp sheet it made a lovely border for this card. If you look closely, it has the stamp perforations on the bottom edge! I embossed the white with my PTI linen impression plate. I embossed the SU Rich Razzleberry with a Cuttlebug Damask folder.
This is the inside of the card and two more violets I colored as well. Hope you like it!









21 comments:
I love those stamps too, I am reluctant to use them, LOL! This is very pretty I love your embossed cardstock and it goes perfectly well with those flower stamp, I mean the one from PTI! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
OMG this is absolutely gorgeous!
ohhhh... this is sooo adorable!!! love that you incorporated that beautiful stamp in this card.. you're so creative and your card is just beautiful!!!
Sylvia xx
Very pretty; love your color combo & your embossed BGs -- really sets it all off so beautifully! I'm still learning to color, but yours is AWESOME!!!
Absolutely Stunning these colours are amazing, a beautiful creation Sue Lelli, thank you for popping by my blog with your kind words.
Sarah xx
Beautiful, Sue! Love the way you used that strip from the top of the stamp sheet. I am a total freak for "pretty stamps", but I've never seen those. Guess I need to make a trip to the post office (or the USPS website...). Great coloring, too. I'm not so enamored with coloring yet either, but when I do some with Copics I always enjoy it. Those are definitely great markers! Great combo of those challenges!
Great job on combing those two challenges.
This is awesome! i love the colors :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura
This is soooooo cute.. I can see why you love those stamps. Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
This is so pretty Sue, the stamps are gorgeous and the colours you've used are just beautiful,
Love Sarita xx
Sue,
I love, love, love this card! It so looks like something you enjoyed making! All those colors look so rich and royal. Keep the cards coming.
My this is so lovely ... adore those postage stamps!! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB
very pretty thanks for joining us at the CCCB
love your card and the gathered ribbon is perfect!!
gorgeous cards! I can see why you bought three sheets of those stamps, beautiful! I love how you incorporated it into your card!
Gorgeous! Beautiful flowers. Love everything about this!
Sue, I love what you did with the violet set. I admire that you used copics because I try, but I do not get results like that! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.
You are so clever. THis turned out great.
wowzers! so gorgeous!! love your interpretation of the flower stamp!!
Gorgeous Sue! You did an amazing job coloring those Pansies!
This is just wonderful - inside and out! Way to re-purpose the USPS stamp edge!
Post a Comment