Saturday, January 9, 2010

PPA #24 - Simple Sketch Challenge

Pals Paper Arts has a simple sketch challenge to start off the New Year. I made a Valentine's Card for my Dad who is just so special to me! I love this background paper from Bohemia and it was the inspiration for my card. I used tiny seed beeds to outline the paisley. I really think the colors are very masculine.
The ribbon is SU Baja Breeze as is the cardstock. The button, twine, and stamp set, Heart Prints, are all PTI and the hearts are punched out with EK Success punches. The brown velvet scalloped ribbon is Making Memories Shabby Chic. The brown cardstock is scored with a Scor-Pal (one of my FAVS!). The chipboard is from Me & My Big Ideas called Dad. I hope you like it!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Rachel D said...

LOVE the beadwork! What a great detail.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a lovely Valentine card Sue! I am sure your Father will treasure this! :)

Jen Timko said...

Beautiful but very masculine! Love the beads!

Anonymous said...

I forget about the scor pal and look what a great effect. The beads are great - you are a patient woman!

Tracey Parrott said...

wow, this is amazing! the colors are fantastic and your take on the sketch is wonderful!

Sherri said...

this is gorgeous too!!

farmhouse-story said...

wow, sue, that is awesome, too! love the beading and the brown and blue combo!

Ann Schach said...

Love your take on the sketch! Great color combination. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Lourdes Torres said...

The colors are very masculine and classy. I know your father will love the card! Congrats.

Deb Neerman said...

This is gorgeous! Love the color combination and all the bead work; this must have taken hours!

Angie K. said...

Gorgeous Card!