Sunday, January 24, 2010

JUGS #17 - Lauren Meader - My Time Made Easy - Template!

Here I am again, making something with a template and loving every minute of it! This week's challenge from JUGS uses templates from Lauren Meader and believe it or not, the one I used is free!!!

This template folds into the cutest little box (kind of like a deck of cards box). I cut a 12 x 12 piece of heavy cardstock into an 8 1/2 x 11 and copied the template directly onto the designer paper. This makes it super simple to cut out. (Important - I run the paper though the printer so the lines are on the OUTSIDE of the box). Then I use tea dye on all the edges to cover the template lines plus give it a nice look.
I ran the cut out template through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder because I liked the extra texture. I adhered K&Company adhesive paper ribbon around the bottom and tied one of my FAV ribbons from Michaels around the box into a bow. This ribbon has wire in it which makes it easier to get a perfect bow. I added a couple of jewels and the heart tag with twine to complete the front.
I wanted you to see the inside because the print is pretty and you can also see how I used a magnet from Basic Grey as my closure. I glued a heart over the top magnet to hide it.

And on the back I used a heart I embossed with my Cuttlebug and aded a cool metal Spare Parts brad on it. I popped the heart to make it stand out on top of the ribbon. These templates are just so much fun!
RECIPE:
Ink - PTI Tea Dye
Paper - Deja Views Fresh
Heart Tag - Scrap Ease
Brad - Spare Parts
Twine - PTI
Ribbon - Michaels Basic/Basic Wire Ribbon, K&Company Adhesive Paper Ribbon Smitten
Adhesive - Terrifically Tacky Tape, 1/2 inch pop dots
Magnet Closure - Basic Grey


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning MTME © Cutesy Cover template Sue! That DP is gorgeous! I love all the detail - the lacey trim, the lacey floral embellishment & embossed heart! I can't get over that Lauren has offered this template for free either! It is so versatile! I am so happy to you playing along with Just Us Girls template challenge this week & I sure hope to see more of your creations in all the upcoming challenges!

Carol L said...

How CUTE! I love the colors and hearts, including that tiny charm! Perfect for giving that little trinket for Valentine's day!

Kathryn B said...

Love the brown and pink color combo! Very Cute!

farmhouse-story said...

very pretty, sue!

Lisa Kind said...

Hi Sue! This is fabulous! You've taken a simple box and given it some of your special touches! I'm so happy you used Lauren's free template. And I love the bow! I am a brown with any color fan, so I'm really diggin' this bow! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge! Great to see you back again!

AKiteFlier said...

SUE! Love this - truly inspired with the cuttlebug texture - the inky edges and the magnet closuer AND I love how you did the back, too. Hope you enjoyed Lauren's template and will come back and play with Just Us Girls again - love seeing you here as a "regular".

Michele Kovack said...

What an adorable box! Love the texture!

Maria said...

Oh oh pretty! Love the swiss dots texture and the pattern being inside. This is so beautiufl and elegant! Thanks for playing along with us!

Gabby said...

So pretty! Love the texture!

Thanks for playing along with us at JUGs!

Diane Burns said...

Beautiful as always Sue. I'll have to check out the templates. I also like how you covered one of the magnets with a heart for aesthetic purposes.