Sunday, January 3, 2010

JUGS #14 - Sketch Challenge

Here is the sketch challenge on JUGS.
I have always LOVED this quote and wanted to use it on this card. Then came the hard part. I don't know what it is about this sketch but it just kicked my butt!!! I just couldn't make it work out. I worked on it, then I walked away. I made something else and then played with it some more. I watched the Alamo Bowl and then came back to it. This is my FINAL version because I just can't mess with it anymore! Okay I feel better now that I vented!


Here is my card. I spent so much time texting my husband tonight who was AT the Alamo Bowl with our son that when it came time to write the sentiment, I wrote it in text! I will add the recipe tomorrow!

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Sue this is super fun - what a great quote by an amazing woman! I love that you turned it into a valentine with the three hearts - the sketch was more challenging that it looks at first glance! (Often the case with ones that look so simple). Great take! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls as we kick off a whole new year. Hope to see you again next week.

Mona Pendleton said...

Sue, your card turned out beautifully! I love all the detail - the lacey heart punched trim & rhinestone placed on the multi-layerered hearts looks so pretty! You really worked out Lisa's sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - hope to see you next Saturday :)

Laurel said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

these are great cards- I especially love the multi-layered hearts!

farmhouse-story said...

such a adorable card, sue! love your attention to details!

Courtney Baker said...

This turned out great! So many great details!

Kelly Schelske said...

It's wonderful!

LeAnne said...

Sue, thanks for your comment on my blog! Your card is awesome---so fun! It doesn't look as if you had trouble with the sketch at all! Your surfer box for your son is VERY cool. Great style!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a great sentiment and fabulous card!

SmilynStef said...

Love those layered hearts.

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful card, Sue! I love this sentiment, too! The heart border is awesome!

Lisa Kind said...

I'm glad you kept at it, Sue, because I LOVE it! The colors and the hearts are perfect and I love the text sentiment! Clever! Thanks for making my sketch look so fabulous and thanks for playing our JUGs challenge again!

Gabby said...

Oh man...I am LOVING this! The colors the hearts...perfect! Great job on your take on the sketch...perfect execution!!!

Thanks for playing with the JUGs sketch challenge! Hope to see you next week!

Gabby~guest DT

Juls said...

Fab sentiment and gorgeous card!! Love the colours just Lush!! Hugs Juls

Alicia Weiman said...

Very pretty card. Love the saying!

Unknown said...

Get OUT! I absolutely LOVE this Sue!!!! every single stinkin' thing...the hearts, the main panel with the verse... the silver accents...EVERYTHING :) Brilliant girl, just Brilliant!

Thanks for taking time this week to play along with us....and nice badge ;).

Deb Neerman said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! LOVE it!