Thursday, November 12, 2009

JUGS 6 - Finally!

I don't know WHY this sketch was so difficult for me but I really wanted to enter the JUGS Challenge so here's my card. I think the 5 little elements on the side just messed with my mind.

Once I learn how to make something and I like it, I tend to make it over and over in different colors and with something a little different each time. Right now I am hooked on Mona Pendleton's tissue paper flowers
but this time I used polka dotted tissue paper and cut it out with Spellbinder's Blossom set. I used 12 pieces of each of 3 sizes and put them together with a brad. Then I crumpled the tissue up until it looked like a flower..
The flower needed some leaves (Yes there is a circle behind the flower like the sketch) so I used the Spellbinders Sunflower die cut set for those. The buttons were the best I could come up with for the 5 little circles. Let me know what you think and if you have any idea for the 5 dots on the sketch!

RECIPE:
Paper - PTI White, SU Real Red, Ripe Avocado, Sahara Sand, polka dotted tissue paper
Ink - Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set - PTI Vintage Labels
Die Cuts - Spellbinders Blossoms, Spellbinders Sunflower, Spellbinders Label 1
Ribbon - Making Memories (Note) worthy delany, PTI Twine
Buttons and Brad - JoAnn Fabrics



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Sue, your card is so pretty! I love that BIG red bloom & how you stamped the polk a dots on it! You did such an awesome job with the sketch! I like your lil' strand of buttons! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls sketch challenge :)

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Hard to imagine you had a tough time with this sketch - your card turned out great! I still haven't had a chance to make one of Mona's tissue paper flowers. Thanks for inspiring me, your polka dots are to die for!

Davi said...

Well I love flowers so I think this card is especially pretty!! Love the polka dots and I thing the buttons tied together were a perfect match with the polka dots!!

AKiteFlier said...

Sue I love that you are repeating a technique that you learned here - I have made 3 additional cards with these flowers also since we did it so I "get it" - hey that's what we do - we learn something new and then if we like it we use it again and again - like my CB! :-) Thanks so much for playing - I love the buttons along the edge - yea - those elements were a fun twist to a sketch!

Andrea M said...

I love those flowers too, Sue. I've been on a Christmas card kick so I haven't made many recently but certainly plan on making more. I love your card and take on the challenge :)

Elise said...

Hellooooooo, beautiful and talented card making - super crafter! I'm SORRY it's taken me sooooo long to get by to your fabulous oasis-o-craft! No disappointment HERE! This card is so gorgeous I CAN SMELL IT! Glad to see you are getting a chance to make wonderfulness! THAT flower IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Love it, sweet gal! Have a beautiful day!