This is going to be a quick post because my husband can't UNDERSTAND why I'd rather be making cards than watching football with him! Oh well, I was able to get my card fix AND make a birthday card for Dawn's color challenge!Isn't this background paper FAB!!!! It's from Crate Paper and it's called Snapdragon - Samantha Collection. The colors are perfect for this color challenge!
I used LOTS of my favorite things to make this card (mostly from PTI) but the details I want to point out require you to enlarge the next pic.
I used Zing brownie embossing powder on my red flower to make it shine and I popped it with dots. I used my Scor-pal to make subtle lines in the Kraft strip I sewed (YES! I pulled out my sewing machine!) I also scalloped the edge of the text. All of these details, of course, look better in person. This birthday card is for my wonderful friend Cassandra who is always there for me! I'm wishing her a birthday as FABULOUS as she is!







12 comments:
I like how you used the embossing powder on your flower, it gave it lovely dimension and the button and twine just sets it off beautifully. Just saw some of that Zing embossing powder yesterday, might have to give it a go!:)
Great details on your card. Love the embossing powder, the dry embossing, and the stitching. And, that is fabulous printed paper -- perfect for the challenge! I'm sure your friend will love the card!
What a fab birthday card, that big bold flower really pops! I love the sentiment piece.
I really like the embossing of the flower and the text style stamp at the bottom. Wonderful layout :)
You are right, that background paper is fabulous. Great card!
Great card, you used all my favorite things. Love the pattern paper. The beach chair photo gave me a good laugh! Thanks for making me smile.
What perfect background paper for this challenge! And the flower with the button centre is so cute! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!
Great colors. Love how you used the red. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Your card is wonderful!! I do love that background DP!! Very pretty!! :) Thanks for visiting me and leaving me some love! :)
Love, love, love the card and can't wait to see it in person!! Definitely a contender! :)
HELLO, SUE!!! This is perfection! What a WONDERFUL card, m'dear! This is a celebration of technique, color and all of the things that drive me to card craft EVERYDAY! I love it! Makes me want to drop these dirty dishes I'm supposed to be doing and run for my scrap room! You're awesome!
Wonderful card--and such great detail touches. Love the background paper and the embossing powder on your flower really dresses it up! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comments!
Post a Comment