Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Life Is So Much Better With You In It!

Two challenges equals one birthday card for my wonderful niece Aimee. She is like the daughter I never had. She calls me all the time and comes and visits me. We do movie marathons and get pedicures. I am so glad she makes time to be with me! I always like to make a special card for her. I used the Mojo Monday 105 sketch for my layout. It is such a great sketch!
I used the Color Throw Down 60 for my color inspiration. I am pleased with the final result. I hope Aimee likes it!


I used a masking technique to get the text background just right. By stamping over a larger diamond, I was able to have a space around the smaller shape when I pop dotted it in place. The text adds just the right contrast for the images I stamped on the pale yellow graph paper.

I punched a butterfly out of graph paper with text on it and added the bling. It added so much to the card with that one little detail.


I took this close up pic of the sentiment and border. I paper pierced the scalloped circle and used the same pale yellow graph paper for the circle border. PTI's Life stamp set is one of my favs!
RECIPE:
Paper - random blue, green, and pale yellow graph from my paper stack
Ink - SU Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore, PTI - Vintage Cream
Stamp Sets - PTI Life and Background text
Punches - Marvy Circle and Scalloped Circle, Martha Stewart Butterfly
Ribbon - Michaels
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that you used two challenges in one with your card. I really like the little butterfly as well! job well done
From
Carole'Anne
AKA Stampin Stressaway

Inspired Scrapper said...

Are butterflies like not super cute on cards. :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. So much detail.